• Create Account

Kepler, Garlick activated. Jeffers, Rooker optioned.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kirilloff is here to stay and I’m all about it.

What does Garlick do when he gets hot? He takes his cloves off. 

Kirilloff's hard hit rate and average exit velocity is above Cruz and just behind Buxton for 2nd best on the Twins. I think the Twins see the process over the current results and rightfully so. If he

This move was definitely a vote of confidence for Tortuga.

Maybe. It could also be an acknowledgement that Jeffers needs more work and should be playing every day, which he should be. The timeshare approach at catcher clearly wasn't working. It was likely detrimental to both Garver and Jeffers. Astudillo doesn't need to play every day.

I'd say that it's a bigger vote of confidence in Kiriloff since Rooker was sent down.

Kirilloff is here to stay and I’m all about it.

His batting line doesn't tell us the real story. He hasn't been bad but he's definitely been unlucky.

I'm interested to see what his line looks like when the unlucky bout ends. Will it be average or above average?

I'm thinking Sano will also be back tomorrow. Jeffers left so they could better finalize for minor league play beginning next week. He is only a light-rail ride away.

I still think Rooker has potential. Again, depends on Sano. But will Cruz be back as DH in 2022? Rooker can play 1B/OF and DH. Sano can play 1B/3B/DH/ Kirilloff will be in leftfield, barring advancement by Larnach.

I'm a Kiriloff fan but I've thought that it'd be better to have some AAA time in so he could come up with more confidence, instead of sputtering.

The thing is, he's not really sputtering. His average exit velo is 94mph. His expected WOBA is .377. His barrel percentage is 15%.

Those are all very good numbers, though obviously SSS applies here. Past performance does not guarantee future results and all that.

Will Garlick at least be starting? They have to stop the Cave experiment and get onto the Garlick experiment already because they have enough young internal options that really need to be the endgame. The sooner they finish up with the charade the better.

I think probably on Saturday against a lefty (Duffy).

Maybe. It could also be an acknowledgement that Jeffers needs more work and should be playing every day, which he should be. The timeshare approach at catcher clearly wasn't working. It was likely detrimental to both Garver and Jeffers. Astudillo doesn't need to play every day.

I'd say that it's a bigger vote of confidence in Kiriloff since Rooker was sent down.

Kirilloff's hard hit rate and average exit velocity is above Cruz and just behind Buxton for 2nd best on the Twins. I think the Twins see the process over the current results and rightfully so. If he keeps smacking line drives like he has been....he's pretty quickly going to be hitting in the middle of the order.

Arraez

Donaldson

Buxton

Cruz

Kirilloff

Polanco

Kepler

Garver

Simmons

Kirilloff's hard hit rate and average exit velocity is above Cruz and just behind Buxton for 2nd best on the Twins. I think the Twins see the process over the current results and rightfully so. If he keeps smacking line drives like he has been....he's pretty quickly going to be hitting in the middle of the order.

Arraez

Donaldson

Buxton

Cruz

Kirilloff

Polanco

Kepler

Garver

Simmons

Agreed. I think this series of moves says far more about Jeffers struggles and Kirilloff's approach than anything or anybody else. It says little about Astudillo. Though, these moves show the value that he does bring to the roster.