Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Recommended Posts

Posted

The season concluded now and these are his MLB stats for 2026:

124 starts - 509 PA - .227/.287/.380 for a .667 OPS. 15 HR - 57 RBI - 16 SB. 82 games at 1B, 37 games at 3B, 15 games at 2B. 

He’s not a kid anymore. Certainly not someone who can be lumped into the Culpepper, Jenkins, Keaschall, E-Rod, Gonzalez era of young Twins players. 

At this point, I don’t know if all of his injuries has permanently lowered his ceiling. Maybe he’ll have a year again where he’s an 800+ OPS guy down the road…

That being said, I can’t envision keeping him beyond this season. Keeping him means dedicating additional time for him to become a league average 1B. Or a below average 3B. 

I cheered for him when he came back from AAA and lit it up in May and June. The lows are outweighing his 4-6 week hot streaks. 

Posted

I can very much see a scenario where he is kept as a utility guy to start the season off the bench. Then if he performs, great. If he doesn't, easy to move on. But with his talent/potential, I have to think the 5 million or so he is set to make wouldn't be spent on a better backup 1b/2b/3b. 

I mean, they kept Larnach a year longer than I would have guessed.

I can't see a scenario where he is handed the starting 1B job right now today. No chance. I also can't see a scenario where he is handed the starting 2B job today. But as the 11th man on the roster, with a chance to always hit his way into more of a role and earn it, sure.

 

But if a true clean slate is better for both sides, so be it.

Posted

Royce Lewis has showed flashes of star-quality play.    When he is hot, his attitude is infectious by and can carry the team.  
Royce’s trade value is low.  He still coujd be that much needed right-handed power bat in the line-up.  He currently pkwys at 1B and 2B, which are positions of need for the Twins. 
It’s obvious, bring him to Spring Training to compete for a job in a final “prove-it” season.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...