Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

TheLeviathan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,415
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    48

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by TheLeviathan

  1. Their roster choices confound me. I'm pretty happy they have switched to a heavier run game with multiple TEs on the field. But then how do you make Aaron Jones your main back? And have your third guy be a dude like Claiborne? Why do we invest a pick in Felton at all? Golday isn't seeing the field - and I like him a lot - but that pick would've been better used elsewhere. I really hope the new guy cleans up some of this.
  2. It's time to move on. I keep pitching a swap with him and Henry Davis on Pittsburgh. Find somewhere for him that isn't here, he needs a change.
  3. I don't believe that pick is made withot KOC pushing that he wants that QB. Kwesi created enough draft problems, the QB is on KOC IMO.
  4. Desperation. It's sad to say but I don't think he's going to hold up for much of a career.
  5. Same. A humiliating beatdown of every small market team is the only thing I care about at this point. Whatever forces a change.
  6. It's a good name to ponder...but I guess I don't feel good about him. Do you?
  7. It might have been misunderstood because it sounded unhinged.....just saying.
  8. Agreed. But it would be so Vikings to have some misguided belief that Kyler is that guy and miss out on this window. (Also giving me Tom Pohlad trade deadline PTSD)
  9. At this point I call them and offer the 2nd and Murray to be their backup. Let's get a look at him before we do anything in FA.
  10. Trade value like @Danchatsaid. I bet they could've had a 3rd in April.
  11. I wonder if our running back fails lead to this. They were opening a roster spot for that beleaguered group.
  12. A 5th is just not worth it. Gross.
  13. From the fine folks at Reddit.....
  14. Your excellent post here leads me to ask a question I've been chewing on. In a good rebuild, that looks to the future, you invest playing time in the hope of surprises that change your future outlook. Think about how good we felt when Jax became a guy for us in the bullpen awhile back. Anyone from Cole Sands to Johan Satana who you just pause and think "Oooo we got something here. That's a pleasant surprise!" Can we say anything like that for this year? Kody Clemens?
  15. I'm not sure how to feel about this article, in some ways I agree....the offense for a long stretch of this season was being carried by Buxton and likewise with the rotation and Ryan. But all good teams rely on their star players to help carry large parts of the load and injuries happen to everyone. Are these three vets particularly prone to face-planting? Sure, but if they are going to be your largest investments than you are always going to subject yourself to their downsides. Maybe, rather than concentrate on the floor of the 40 man roster, we focus on changing the ceiling? But let's ride with the thesis presented....how do they lift up this floor? Are they signing free agents? Are they trading young assets for veterans? I can't help but feel, after reading this article, that the conclusions drawn at the end aren't all that different than the ones that lead us down this path in the first place: safe, middling, half measured. I'd suggest what got the Twins here again is what has continually got them here: a lack of vision and willingness to swing boldly. I didn't read anything here that sounds any different.
  16. I've seen all the "standing on my back leg, heave it and hope" I want to see from Murray. Hideous. Great D win.
  17. Helluva start.
  18. Week 3 opens to some weirdness: Pitt and Cincy in a shootout despite both looking awful offensively the first two weeks. Drake Maye looks like he's never touched a football before. Detroit fighting for their lives with the Jets Buffalo looking mortal against the Chargers Commanders giving the Seahawks the fight of their life Colts might lose their 10th game in a row since trading two firsts for Sauce.
  19. No, but we may have traded away a playoff spot in 2028, 2029, etc. by choosing to buy this season.
  20. I'm not sure where the math on two is coming from. Since the start of this year I've seen the following changes: C - Caratini/Jeffers. Likely stays Caratini next year. Not someone I think will hit, but can field. 1B - Unsure who is playing here. Not Lewis hopefully. 2B - Changing from Keaschall to Clemens is a plus. Also an average to above average hitter (That's 1) 3B - Changing from Lewis to Lee was a big defensive upgrade. Average to above average hitter (That's 2) SS - Changing from Lee to Kreidler/Culpepper was a big defensive upgrade. I believe Culpepper is a hitter (3) LF - Changing to any human on the planet from Larnach is an upgrade. I think Erod will stick (4) CF - No change here with Buck RF - Keaschall is better than Wallner, though not much to write home about. Def. hitter. (5) I see a total of 5 spots that look to be defensive upgrades. If Buxton is CF and Jenkins is RF, then all the better in the OF. Possibly adding 1B to the list with Keaschall. A lot riding on young players but guys fit better where they are now and the young guys bring upside, defensive chops, and athleticism.
  21. I clipped this part to respond because I think Richie's post hit on a lot of what I was going to say; I like this article from Nick, I think it synthesizes the analysis well on this season. The one disagreement I'd have is that Nick was really close to drawing the conclusion I think he was actually feeling at the end but never quite says it: by record this team "exceeded" expectations but it was honestly just dumb luck. Their run differential record (75) and Pythag record (74) both demonstrate this but even moreso as Richie says they benefited from playing in a really bad AL that padded their wins. They had about a month and a half of crazy good sequencing and luck, then got those stats to level off when they had the exact opposite luck down the stretch. But mostly what feels like it was better than expected was more of a reflection on how bad the AL was than anything the Twins actually did to exceed expectations. We expected them to be bad and they pretty much were bad. Good news though, as Richie points out, we've got a much better defensive path going forward. I think the team has decided to turn the page to some fresh new talent. We can only hope they lean into that and Tom Pohlad realizes the best chance he has to get that franchise valuation up is to stay out of the ear of the fanbase and his GM and let the baseball professionals make the hard decisions in the name of a brighter future.
  22. What you reference were public comments as part of a canned, performative presentation of a "mutual parting of ways" which, no, I have never believed anyone, ever, when they have those press conferences. I trust the beat reporters much more because they're going to report the actual reasons, not the nothingburger being served to the public.
  23. Just saw the video, what an amazing way to go out for him.
  24. You continue to assert this, but it's not what Gleeman and others have insinuated the real reason was: shifting ownership vision. As we've discussed before, your version of the events simply doesn't explain the timing or circumstances nearly as well as my belief. According to at least one poster here, Gleeman has even hinted as much on his podcast as well. This is, as with all things, a Pohlad issue.
  25. I'm not sure I agree. We are on a better track but I still have a couple big questions: Where is Keaschall's permanent home? Is it RF or is it 1B? If it's not 1B...who is that guy? When do we start getting Culpepper reps at 2B if that is his ultimate home? Things are looking better, though. The days of Lee at SS, Larnach in LF, Keaschall at 2B, etc were some dark defensive days.
×
×
  • Create New...