• Create Account

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morneau can be a bit robotic but he’s a good analyst and a hard worker. I’ll take that over the clownish antics and outdated analysis of a certain previous color guy.   Robotic can be fixed. Justin is

Morneau is as close to perfect as there is IMO. I don't need over the top, grouchy, arrogant know it all, talk down to me like I don't know, stupid comparisons, etc. I don't feel he needs to speak up

I think Morneau's charm is his flat delivery and also, he does have humor, you just have to have to listen for it because he's so monotone. I personally love it. Some like chocolate, some like vanilla

I thought he was interesting and informative last year but he was still a little flat on his affect. He's sounding a bit warmer and more comfortable so far, but it's still the issue he needs to stay on top of: having the energy and animation in his voice. 

But I'm happy to have him and Hawkins on the broadcast (I'm less a fan of Smalley, but he's ok)

I think he was so boring and dull. No emotion, not funny and over analyzes. He is just not a natural conversationalist. The producers should make him watch some tapes of Vin Scully. The game is on TV and we can see what is happening. Not need to describe every little detail. Silence is good at times. And Bert had some humor. Never thought I would like Smalley but after Morneau ....After a few innings I put the sound down and just watched the game. Of course these all personal opinions.

Morneau can be a bit robotic but he’s a good analyst and a hard worker. I’ll take that over the clownish antics and outdated analysis of a certain previous color guy.

Robotic can be fixed. Justin is already much more conversational than he was two years ago.

I really like how even keel he is the entire time and able to explain different aspects of the game in a clear and concise way.  Im sure others prefer more animation and homerism like Hawk Harrelson but I am a big fan of Morneau.

oh ugh ... different tastes for sure. Living in Chicago and watching a lot of different broadcasts, I can safely say Harrelson was the WORST :) (imho)

I think Morneau has gotten a lot better ... practice will bring him far, imo ... give it time. But I think he and Bremer make a good team

I think Morneau's charm is his flat delivery and also, he does have humor, you just have to have to listen for it because he's so monotone. I personally love it. Some like chocolate, some like vanilla. Good job Justin (and Hawkins and Hunter and Smalley) Like I said in OP I listened to a lot of alternate games last year and really feel like the Twins are putting out a quality broadcast

I have to totally disagree, Morneau is by far, the worst. Analyzes every single pitch, monotone voice, and never shuts up. As a color commentator it's his job to comment, like Bert did. I know I'm in the minority on this forum, but there have been many articles in the Strib with many commenters agreeing with me. My wife and I watch every single game and she agrees, we turn the volume way down.

I thought he was was really good last year. Maybe I'm on an opening day high (Not high) but he is so good.  Who would have thought he would be so good?  He and Bremer are a great pair. Coming off last year which I listened to a lot of alternate broadcasts, The Twins are in top 5

'The Twins are in the top 5."

What are your other 4 favorites?

For me it's a 3-way tie between San Francisco Giants, Oakland A's, and Chicago White Fox (Jason Benetti is funny and smart, and funny! Steve Stone also!).

I think Morneau's charm is his flat delivery and also, he does have humor, you just have to have to listen for it because he's so monotone. I personally love it. Some like chocolate, some like vanilla. Good job Justin (and Hawkins and Hunter and Smalley) Like I said in OP I listened to a lot of alternate games last year and really feel like the Twins are putting out a quality broadcast

I agree.   I like Morneau.  I think he is funny but its just a little drier, which I like.   Honestly, I think those that think he is humorless probably just don't get it, or maybe prefer the 3 stooges type.

I have to totally disagree, Morneau is by far, the worst. Analyzes every single pitch, monotone voice, and never shuts up. As a color commentator it's his job to comment, like Bert did. I know I'm in the minority on this forum, but there have been many articles in the Strib with many commenters agreeing with me. My wife and I watch every single game and she agrees, we turn the volume way down.

I thought this issue was subjective with everyone's opinions having validity but then you say that Strib commenters agree with you which leads me to conclude you are just wrong.

I once watched a tv game with Herm Starrette, who pitched briefly for the Orioles and was a pitching coach for several  big league teams, including the World Champion Phillies. I enjoyed every minute of the game and all of Herm's comments were like gold to me, because he had "been there". in the major leagues. His insight was fascinating. That is the way I  feel about the former Twins players who have entertained me as co-announcers through the years. It makes me feel like they want to remain a part of the Twins family.  I have enjoyed each and every one for his unique  insight and the variety of  stories. To me it's like sitting at the ball park and watching a game with a former big league player "who has been there". Dick Bremer has also "been there" since 1983.. His new book, "Game Used: My Life in Stitches" is a must read for all Twins fans. He loves the Twins, just like I do. He stories are interesting and his love for the Twins is obvious, plus he is a good man and someone I enjoy watching a Twins game with, day after day and night after night. He is part of the Twins family.  So I say to each and every one of them: "Thank you. I sincerely enjoy watching the Twins games with you."

Morneau is clearly very knowledgeable but I agree that his delivery needs a little more enthusiasm and emphasis. He has a drone like delivery and not all words are created equal.  Let’s hope he gets feedback from his employers and that inspires him to work on his new craft to get better. 

Morneau is as close to perfect as there is IMO. I don't need over the top, grouchy, arrogant know it all, talk down to me like I don't know, stupid comparisons, etc. I don't feel he needs to speak up more or be more enthusiastic. He's being himself, and that's the best thing about him doing games.

Herm was from my hometown of Statesville, NC He bought a house in my neighborhood. He was a really good guy. He has been deceased several years now. I miss him. 

He was only a baseball card to me, but an early one so even that memory is fond. Glad your memory is even more personal.