Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

wavedog

Verified Member
  • Posts

    1,704
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by wavedog

  1. The Twins did exceed my expectations but as with Nick it is because they were very low. I had them penciled in for 68 wins because I thought the bullpen would be a disaster and was not sure of the rotation with Lopez being out for the year. I still purchased the MLB package though and I will say I enjoyed watching the Twins play much more this season than in most recent seasons. I think that is due to some combination of a different atmosphere Shelton brought to the team along with seeing a lot of the young talent come up and play and show some positive signs - like Keaschall, Bradley, Prielipp, Culpepper, Jenkins and most recently Rodriguez. We also got a high draft pick in Lackey I look forward to seeing soon. The bullpen while not being good was not a disaster and Gomez was a refreshing presence. Let's go out and end with a win today and end the season on a positive note!
  2. I think Royce should play in Los Angeles - LA Angels specifically. Back in his home area and they have openings at both 1B and 3B . Do him a favor and trade him to LA we don't need much back in return. We have Lee at 3B, Clemens at 2B and plenty of other options to play 1B or learn to play 1B .
  3. I should add I am happy for Sabato's promotion and hope to see him in the lineup tonight and the rest of the week.
  4. Not a major issue with cutting Jackson but certainly curious move after hanging on to him and using up a roster spot from July only to cut him the last week of the season. Wasn't really used much but just thinking they would want him as an insurance backup catcher next year.
  5. He did a good job as DH and appears to be a well-liked teammate but let's go out on a positive note and not bring him back. For $10M and no defensive value pretty easy choice. We can use the DH for Keaschall/rotating rest and get Jenkins/Rodriguez in the field to improve our defense. In hindsight we should have brought Ty France back who has had a great offensive and defensive season this year I believe at a cheaper price and we knew him from last season.
  6. Wow, what a comeback - has to be the most unlikely win in a long time. 2 outs no one on - bats showing no life all game.
  7. Boy has this offense been hard to watch lately - not like we have faced good pitchers either.
  8. Who is scouting and signing pitchers to the DSL squad? Or maybe its coaching. Seems like we give up 2-3 touchdowns each game. Not a good day for the arms received in the Willi Castro trade - Armstrong and Gallagher 14 runs surrendered in 7 1/3 innings.
  9. Thanks for the article Seth! Brought back good memories of those select pitching performances you mentioned that he gave us in that stretch of bad seasons. Glad to hear he was able to get sober and so wonderful that he turned it around and helped others.
  10. Lawrence is throwing the ball all over the place.
  11. Montgomery is hitting like a Twin today everyone else is killing the ball.
  12. Thanks for showing up bats! Reminds me of a couple of years ago when the team would win the first 2 games of a series and then not show up for the third - usually because Rocco would sub a good chunk of starters out.
  13. As best as I can tell the recent modern day record (since 2000) for errors in a game is 4 so Gray only needs one more.
  14. Fedde has a no-hitter through 3 innings! Trying to jinx them. Hopefully we are saving up all our hits for one big inning.
  15. With the injury history and contact issues if Rodriguez ever becomes a regular Twin contributor I will be pleasantly surprised. Let me say I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
  16. Wallner passed his strike zone judgement to Keaschall upon his demotion
  17. Not watching but imagine Bell got his Driver out and was going for the green.
  18. From Lewis comments I am not sure he is mentally in the right state to succeed. Somewhat paranoid that people are waiting for him to struggle and comments that he is looking over his shoulder that the Twins will send him down. We all would love if he was more successful and there will always be competition for jobs at any level of baseball. Based on these comments alone I would either send him down if that would allow him to take a breath and reset or trade him if you think a minor league stint would spiral him down further and give him a fresh start somewhere else.
×
×
  • Create New...