Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

terrydactyls

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,123
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by terrydactyls

  1. You mean someone was specifically designated as the head of "roster development"? I thought the front office just drew names out of a hat.
  2. What is a minorly sport? I went to games at Nicolette Stadium in the 50's. It only cost $0.55 for a cheap seat. I guess times have changed.
  3. Trade Ryan and Lopez and use the money (plus extra) to sign Skubal and Graterol. Try to resign Jeffers but don't go overboard just to get him. I could live with a #9 hitting catcher with very good defensive skills. Any money left over could be used for extensions for young players. 2027 may be a shortened season, so I wouldn't be too worried about innings limits for some of the young guys (or even Graterol if he needs a longer spring training to recover from back surgery). Once the World Series is complete, qualifying offers either accepted or rejected, and the actual free agent list is complete, then we should look at the Twins bulging wallet and how we can spend it all.
  4. That's the silliest counterpoint I've read at Twins Daily.
  5. If you are trying to arrange the players to the "profile" of each position, then it becomes obvious that Lewis needs to be the backup to Caratini in 2027. If he can get through 2027, Lackey may be ready to take over the catching duties.
  6. I think you may be confusing the value of each trade with the stupidity of thinking that the Twins were a playoff-bound team. Looking at each trade as a standalone entity, they aren't that bad (as Sam pointed out). The value lost by not trading Jeffers, Ryan, Larnach, and Bell (if anyone wanted them) is the what makes the trades look bad.
  7. So the Twins are using the last few games to evaluate players? They should have been sellers at the trade deadline and used the last few months to evaluate players. And this isn't 20/20 hindsight. I was advocating for being sellers from the first of July.
  8. I would like to see a breakdown by player of challenges won and lost. In my view from the couch, it appears that the hitters are horrible at challenges. Often it seems like they make chaleenges because they are pissed at themselves for taking a called strike. Maybe batters should be forbidden to make challenges?
  9. If Buxton likes the atmosphere at Target Field and he likes the Twin Cities, why is that an issue? Money and winning may "talk" but he doesn't have to listen.
  10. Four signs of team improvement ahead. 1. Rodriguez unleashing a rocket throw to get the runner at third. Defense wins games. 2. Rodriguez hitting a home run at 111 MPH. He hit the ball hard. 3. Rodriguez running hard from the moment he hit the ball until it safely cleared the wall. 4. Rodriguez flashing a big smile. His enthusiasm can be contagious. Do you notice a theme here?
  11. I would imagine that Buxton has known all this for several years AND he has chosen to remain a Twin until he retires.
  12. I really dislike the "offensive profile" argument. You would rather have the better fielding OF be at 1B? And the reasoning is that he fits the "profile" of a 1B. In my opinion, why? Both bats will be in the lineup. If you have two players that are going to be the everyday lineup, I would align these players by who plays each position best.
  13. "Boomers" are NOT parent affirmation and glass half full. Boomers were parents in the late 70s and early 80s. We were not the "participation medal" parents.
  14. You guys certainly missed the point. All I was commenting about was the Twins "philosophy" of looking for broken down players that were good two or three years ago. I never mentioned Ober. You and DJL44 brought up his name.
  15. That's like saying I'm the second fastest in my two-person household.
  16. You should be in the Twins front office. The "use to be good a couple years ago" method of filling out a roster hasn't worked well before but maybe it will this year.
  17. So, I guess that a player's agent has never put out a phony press release?
  18. Several people have disagreed with the comment that the team was "giving its all". And then they go on to explain how the front office screwed up. The "team" refers to the players and I do agree that they are trying hard to win. They just don't have the tools with which to do it. If you want to complain about ownership/front office, go for it and few will disagree. But don't blame the "team" for not trying.
  19. Don't lump me into this. I began advocating for another (but much smaller) sell-off around the first of July (as did many others).
  20. Probably Joe Biden. He's been blamed for everything else. 😆
  21. I'm not sure Buxton will "move on". My belief is that the front office and Buxton will mutually agree on a year-by-year extension for Buxton until HE decides to retire.
×
×
  • Create New...