• Create Account

Ex Twins in 2021: Where Are They Now?

I lost track of Littell for a second and could have sworn he was heading overseas to play. Besides Romero, wasn’t there another recent Twins pitcher who signed overseas?

Littell signed a minor league with the Giants, but he didn't make the team. I think he's going to start in AAA for them.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of my favorite annual threads on the site. Let’s stay updated on ex-Twins in the news... This is a start of a list, and feel free to add on as they pop up over the course of the season!   Trevor M

Vintage Rosario moon shot!

LaMonte Wade gets recalled by Giants and goes 2-4 with a walk in his debut!

Jon Thomas Chargois was in camp with the Mariners but was sent to their alternate site.

He is not on their 40-man roster.

Boy, he looked like a real loss for the Twins when he started with LA. I hope he can get an ML job but I guess we haven't really missed out.

Here's what I came up with for opening day/weekend.

Baseball is back to a full-season schedule and lots of former Minnesota Twins are on other major league rosters. 

Pitchers: Kyle Gibson (Rangers), Martin Perez (Red Sox), David Hale and Brandon Kintzler (Phillies), Rich Hill and Oliver Drake (Rays), Lance Lynn and Liam Hendriks (White Sox), Aaron Slegers (Angels), Ryan Pressly (Astros), Trevor May (Mets), Sergio Romo (A's), Tommy Milone )Blue Jays_Brusdar Graterol (Dodgers), Matt Wisler (Giants), Tyler Kinney (Rockies), Tyler Clippard (Diamondbacks), and John Curtiss (Marlins).

Jake Odorizzi will be called up shortly since he signed late with Astros.

Former catchers: Alex Avila (Nationals), Jason Castro (Astros), Wilson Ramos (Tigers), and Kurt Suzuki (Angels).

Lots of infielders: C.J. Cron (Rockies), Ronald Torreyes (Phillies), Ehire Adrianza (Braves), Eduardo Escobar (Diamondbacks), Marwin Gonzalez (Red Sox), and Jonathan Schoop and Niko Goodrum (Tigers).

Only three in the outfield: Aaron Hicks (Yankees), Robbie Grossman (Tigers), and Eddie Rosario (Indians). (Remember when all those former Twins centerfielders were on other teams: Span, Gomez, Revere, Hicks?).

Derek Shelton is managing the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Others on 40-man or extended rosters are Tyler Wells (Orioles), DANNY SANTANA (Red Sox), Luis Gil (Yankees), Nick Anderson and Chris Mazza (Rays), NICK TURLEY (White Sox), Akil Baddoo (Tigers), Brooks Raley (Astros), BLAKE PARKER (Indians), Luke Bard (Angels), Kyle Cody and John Hicks and DREW BUTERA (Rangers), Huscar Ynoa (Braves), Sam Clay and RYNE HARPER (Nationals), KOHL STEWART and IAN MILLER (Cubs), SEAN POPPEN (Pirates), Jaylin Davis and ZACK LITTELL and LAMONTE WADE (Giants), Wynston Sawyer (Padres), Luke Raley (Dodgers), Dereck Rodriguez (Rockies).

(former prospects lower case, EX-TWINS CAPS).

Others on 40-man or extended rosters are Tyler Wells (Orioles), DANNY SANTANA (Red Sox), Luis Gil (Yankees), Nick Anderson and Chris Mazza (Rays), NICK TURLEY (White Sox), Akil Baddoo (Tigers), Brooks Raley (Astros), BLAKE PARKER (Indians), Luke Bard (Angels), Kyle Cody and John Hicks and DREW BUTERA (Rangers), Huscar Ynoa (Braves), Sam Clay and RYNE HARPER (Nationals), KOHL STEWART and IAN MILLER (Cubs), SEAN POPPEN (Pirates), Jaylin Davis and ZACK LITTELL and LAMONTE WADE (Giants), Wynston Sawyer (Padres), Luke Raley (Dodgers), Dereck Rodriguez (Rockies).

(former prospects lower case, EX-TWINS CAPS).

Such fond memories people have of Kyle Cody’s time with the Twins

Man, defensive catchers and left-handed relievers sure have longevity in this career. I wonder if Brian Dunsing's agent is still getting calls.

Probably.  And the Twins are probably still getting calls on deals they can't make because they don't have Duensing around to add to the deal.

After batting .172 in 25 games with the Pirates last year, John Ryan Murphy wasn't signed in the off season and remains a free agent.

Fernando Abad was signed by the Orioles in January and designated to their minor league camp after posting an ERA north of 11 in Spring Training.

34 year-old Byung-Ho Park is batting cleanup for the Kiwoom Heroes of the KBO League.

Randy Rosario, a promising lefty in the Twins farm system who played a couple of games with the '17 Twins club, is now playing for the Chunichi Dragons in the Nippon (Japan) league after fizzling out with the Cubs and Royals.

Taylor Motter reportedly signed with the Colorado Rockies on a minor league deal this spring, but with no minor league action right now it's tricky to figure out where he's at.

After batting .172 in 25 games with the Pirates last year, John Ryan Murphy wasn't signed in the off season and remains a free agent.

Fernando Abad was signed by the Orioles in January and designated to their minor league camp after posting an ERA north of 11 in Spring Training.

34 year-old Byung-Ho Park is batting cleanup for the Kiwoom Heroes of the KBO League.

Randy Rosario, a promising lefty in the Twins farm system who played a couple of games with the '17 Twins club, is now playing for the Chunichi Dragons in the Nippon (Japan) league after fizzling out with the Cubs and Royals.

Taylor Motter reportedly signed with the Colorado Rockies on a minor league deal this spring, but with no minor league action right now it's tricky to figure out where he's at.

Ah, Byung-Ho Park. The good old days.

I enjoy following several of the ex-Twins. Some of my favorites are Kurt Suzuki, Gibson and Rich Hill. The latter 2 won their last start. Hicks was my favorite Twin when I last saw them play in Florida and now he's my favorite Yankee. Lynn should have been given more of a chance since he missed much of the Spring during his year here. Kintzler was a decent reliever. I also liked Escobar, Schoop and Grossman but you can't keep them all.

I enjoy following several of the ex-Twins. Some of my favorites are Kurt Suzuki, Gibson and Rich Hill. The latter 2 won their last start. Hicks was my favorite Twin when I last saw them play in Florida and now he's my favorite Yankee. Lynn should have been given more of a chance since he missed much of the Spring during his year here. Kintzler was a decent reliever. I also liked Escobar, Schoop and Grossman but you can't keep them all.

Lynn didn't want to be here. 

Some updates from yesterday's Former Twins Showcase (Detroit vs. Cleveland):

Eddie Rosario, 0-4, 1 K OPS .542

Robbie Grossman, 3-4, HR, RBI, K OPS .933

Niko Goodrum, 0-3, OPS .649

Akil Baddoo, 0-3, K OPS 1.165

In Colorado,

CJ Cron, 0-4, 3 K, OPS .504

In LA,

Sam Clay, 1.2 IP, 2 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 1 K (his first two games were excellent)