Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

gil4

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,988
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by gil4

  1. If you get the codes, I'm pretty confident I can help broker a deal.
  2. Ryan Mills BJ Garbe #6 and #5 overall in consecutive years. Those are some scabs for you.
  3. I hate those Giants uniforms - that font looks like it should be for the Bedrock Giants with Fred and Barney as pitcher and catcher.
  4. We need to keep you away from the official scorer's book.
  5. Not sure Emma had that catch the whole way, but he found it in the end.
  6. Maybe we could expand it to Scandinavian Heritage night so we could invite this guy to cater it
  7. In the movie there were no consequences for actions, so tell them how you really feel just to see if you get away with it.
  8. Did he have to jump up or sideways. Still trying to figure out how gravity is working for you there.
  9. Another hit for Jenkins. It will look like a line drive in the scorebook.
  10. And a waste of hops. It's brewed right there in town - if doesn't need the extra hop content to preserve it for the long boat ride to India. (They didn't make IPA that way because it tastes great.)
  11. Hardly a loss at all. Now if it have been a good porter or a cask conditioned best bitter, I'd be mourning the loss with him. 😎
  12. They have it, but the spelling on the name is way off.
  13. I'm not sure I follow your logic. If the Twins offer the QO and he accepts, it's a 1 year, $23M deal. If he declines, he most likely signs a long-term deal elsewhere, and the Twins receive an extra draft pick. I don't see either option as unacceptable to the Twins, and that was probably part of the math at the deadline. The pick might be more valuable than the offers they were receiving.
  14. If there was ever a night to be aggressive, tonight was it.
  15. I saw one angle that looked like the toe made contact and made an indentation on the base. Maybe there was a better angle that I missed.
  16. That sure looked like he was safe. Maybe NY wanted to have as rough a night as the crew on the field.
  17. He slid three times and I don't know which one you're talking about.
  18. In the movie, Ray Kinsella was from NY and went to school at Berkley, so soda would probably be accurate. (He didn't do a very good job of becoming midwesternized.) At least it's not someplace where everything is a Coke. "I'll have a coke." "What kind." "Sprite."
  19. I met him this past spring - I was umpiring and he was helping coach one of the high school teams in Lawton, OK. I didn't recognize him at first - he introduced himself as just Butch when he came out to coach first base. A bit later, I heard one of the kids call him Coach Huskey, and it clicked. He seemed like a good guy and the kids all seemed to like him. He still looked like a ballplayer - maybe more so than when he was playing. (He always looked a bit heavy back in the day, but that might have been the 10 lbs. the camera adds plus 10 lbs of muscle from being in pro athlete shape.) RIP. It was an honor sharing a field with him.
  20. He has been underpaid for his whole career. Now that he is about to reach free agency, I'd say fair market value would make him happy.
  21. I had to think about that, and somehow I ended up with pine tar on my keyboard
×
×
  • Create New...