Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

gil4

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,988
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by gil4

  1. Never heard him sing. He's just OK at tap-dancing despite a lot of practice. (Timing still isn't great.)
  2. He has been pretty good. And we might have been able to get a bucket of baseballs for him at the deadline, too. Maybe two buckets.
  3. That was a rough blown save. It has been a long rain delay in the bottom of the 9th that they could have avoided.
  4. That might not be so bad. Maybe they can meet up at Squirrel's place and watch 1987 and 1991 World Series replays.
  5. They want back to Apple Valley and got a couple of younger guys in hopes that Ms. Magnuson (class of 2012) wouldn't recognize them, So far, so good. Travis Adams (class of 2018) and Mick Abel (2019) haven't been busted yet. That road construction thing might have helped, along with stashing Abel across the river for now.
  6. I remember having his baseball card, but I don't remember what happened to him, other than a high draft pick turned into a mediocre pitcher. What were the symptoms of that disease?
  7. I'd really like to see the Mets decide they need a lefty and the Cubs decide they need a righty so they could trade one brother for the other. (I know, deadline has passed.)
  8. The Yankees-Marlins played a wild one last night. The Yankees were up 6-0 in the 5th. The Marlins kept chipping away, even taking a 10-9 lead. In the top of the 9th, the Yankees took a 12-10 lead. Then they showed that maybe they should have upped the ante to get Duran or Jax, because their new gut Doval coughed up 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th, with help from a brutal error by new RF Jose Caballero. The Pirates and Rockies said "Hold my Coors Light and watch this." Pittsburgh scored 9 in the top of the first. The Rockies chipped away and the Pirates kept answering, and the score was 16-10 heading to the 8th. The Rockies got two in the bottom of the 8th on Yanquiel Fernández' first career HR, cutting the lead to 4. The bottom of the 9th started with a K, but then it went HR, walk, triple, single, and a walk-off HR by light-hitting CF Brenton Doyle. Dugan Darnell, making his first MLB appearance at age 28, pitched a scoreless 8th and 9th to get a memorable win. You don't see slugfests like this all that often, and having two games on the same day turn into slow-pitch softball scores is crazy.
  9. My brother went to their game at Clemson (sold out 81,000+ seats.) He said it was a lot of fun. His wife said it was maybe a bit too much to absorb. I like seeing their clips on YouTube. Definitely entertaining, but I wouldn't spend $300-$400 per ticket (or even $100.)
  10. France wasn't exactly a high-dollar signing. Was there even a dime left on his contract?
  11. Just looking on TickPick for tomorrow's game - lots of 300-level seats available for $25 or less. Or you can get really good seats for $50 - $60.
  12. Sometimes it feels like it might be on par with the North Stars bringing a Stanley Cup to Minnesota.
  13. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/45855463/twins-place-outfielder-byron-buxton-rib-cage-10-day-il
  14. There are very few people who can answer that for you.
  15. I got 3 of 4 on the photo - I had to cheat with AI for the 2nd from the left. The two in uniform were pretty easy, but I don't think I have seen photos of the other two without caps on.
  16. Where would he sleep? They are selling the couch.
  17. I guess we need another set for when it swings back: 😁 🤪🤩
  18. I was less than a year old when the 65 series happened, and I still can't agree with that. Even if it's just until tomorrow.
  19. I'm not a fan of the HR derby tiebreaker. I would rather have had the ghost runner. I would rather have had bases loaded with ghost runners. Maybe I'm just grumpy because it's past my bedtime. It's really past the bedtime of the kids on the east coast, so I guess it's good they found a way to end it fast..
  20. I think you are off a couple of decimal points on the number you are subtracting. $1.7B - $425M = $1,275B, not $1.65B. It's still a big chunk of money.
×
×
  • Create New...