Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

gil4

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,988
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by gil4

  1. Unfortunately, the law says you must have something in the blender spot on the counter.
  2. I'm In Oklahoma, so we are blacked out for Texas, KC, Houston, and I think St Louis, too. Hoping that changes, but it probably won't.
  3. The supposed sightings of intangibles here tend to be as credible as those of bigfoot. It's usually not as bad as the Moneyball ugly girlfriend discussion, but it's close. The one area where it tends to be useful is on the value of defense at various positions. Even that might not be intangibles, but the stats that make it tangible are less accessible or less understandable for average fans.
  4. Hopefully we can get someone else to pay Vazquez $10M to not hit so we can pay someone $800K to do the same.
  5. The White Sox were bad on a historical level. The Twins won about 8 games fewer than expected, and other teams were better than expected. The Twins finished 4th, 10.5 games out of 1st. The White Sox were 41 games behind the Twins. The Twins were 16 games behind the Dodgers, who had the best record in baseball. The White Sox were 20 games behind the Rockies, who were the 2nd-worst team in baseball. Let's keep some perspective. The Twins were disappointing. The White Sox were embarrassing.
  6. I thought Radke, too, but it was conservative rating of Ober, not disrespect for Radke, that made the author not list Radke.
  7. Hopefully those are the Twins we get, not these:
  8. They really need to string those together now. I'd prefer to not have the season in the balance when the Orioles come to town for the final three games.
  9. I'm glad the Twins won because I ate my chicken in advance,
  10. It was the pant legs pulled up to the knees that did it.
  11. Here is the correct link. If your link was accurate, it would have been the worst trade in baseball history. 🙂 https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/j/johnsra03.shtml
  12. It's nice to have a leadoff hitter with speed, and we saw him score from first on a single a few games back. So, absolutely - look out Rickey Henderson, Christian Vázquez is the new ideal leadoff hitter. 😎 My serious answer is the main benefit of hitting leadoff is having that person get more plate appearances. That's not something we want for a player whose main selling point for the role is he improves from horrible to adequate when the bases are empty.
  13. I did it too. We won't know for sure until we see if I remember to cancel it.
  14. I don't, but then I only went to one, and it was pretty traumatic. After 5-1/2 innings and 3 rain delays they finally called it. The Twins lost to the White Sox 5-1. The next two days they had double-headers - one added because of the game 2 rain-out on the Friday when I went plus one previously scheduled. The Twins swept both. The only positive was I got to see Wilbur Wood pitch.
  15. If she gives us a quality start I'll forgive her for telling us "Buxton is fine. Scheduled day off..." the day after he crashed into the wall and the day before he sat out his second game in a row with a back injury. I know, it probably wasn't her fault and she was just repeating what buck or someone with the team told her, but I repeated it on the game thread as a fact when I was really tempted to add a snarky "which means he'll be day to day for the next week or more."
  16. D-Backs were 1 - 2 in save attempts tonight. 7-6 final in Cleveland.
  17. They came close to walking it off - the sac fly that tied the game was deep. Good news - they get another chance because they brought their ghost runner around to score in the
  18. Nope, never. And they're not just truer. They're more truer.
  19. They might be running the wrong direction around the bases, but at least they know to keep on going.
  20. Not Twins-related, but a fun article on MLB.com: https://www.mlb.com/news/danny-jansen-could-play-for-both-teams-in-a-game If I were the manager, Jansen would definitely be in the game. So it's not quite as fun as it could have been, but I still hope he gets to do it. (It's hard to believe it has never happened before.)
  21. Audra Martin (TV sideline reporter) just said no need to worry, Buxton is on a scheduled day off.
×
×
  • Create New...