Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

gil4

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,988
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by gil4

  1. After a two game losing streak? Tough crowd. We'd change managers almost as often as we change socks if that was the standard.
  2. Cheese inside a burger is genius. The rest of the stuff isn't too far off the mark. If he signs elsewhere we might half heartedly try to act like we hold it against him. If he stays the beef/tots/soup combo would become a bestseller at Target Field next year. They'd probably make him the face of the marketing campaign for it.
  3. "Sal the Barber" Maglie was a pretty good pitcher. Apparently, so is "Cristian the Barber" Javier.
  4. Walker JenkinsBrooks LeeEmmanuel RodriguezLuke KeaschallMarco RayaTanner SchobelKala'i RosarioDavid FestaCharlee SotoBrandon WinokurAustin MartinYasser MercedesJose RodriguezYunior SeverinoSimeon Woods RichardsonDanny De AndradeAnthony PratoJordan BalazovicJair CamargoBrent Headrick
  5. Whatever you go with, we definitely want to see photos when you are done.
  6. I think I would like the fathead mounted on something and then anchored on top of the rails for the cards. Another option would be to spread the spacing between the rails so the top and bottom just touch the top and bottom of the fathead. Then cut the inner rails so they just touch the edge of the fathead without going over. It just doesn't look right with the fathead covered.
  7. The Dr Scholl's ones actually worked for me (along with some extra stretching .)
  8. No pressure, kid I'd be OK with the next Bobby Murcer (although I certainly wouldn't complain if we got Mantle.)
  9. Harper was a marginal defensive catcher with an above-average bat. He was Piazza lite (very lite.) AJ didn't have a great defensive rep in Minnesota, but it seemed to improve over the years. I don't know if it was real improvement, if his rep improved as he stayed at catcher longer, or if he got a bum rap in Minnesota. My guess is it was real improvement and he became a pretty good catcher.
  10. I hope Kuechel doesn't need that strike zone to be successful. It was the most generous one I have seen all year.
  11. Sure, it's Correa's fault. The other teams have had the advantage of facing Carlos "6-4-3" Correa, 😎
  12. Agree. I'm looking forward to seeing the umpire scorecard to see if it was classified as a missed call or if it was within the margin of error.
  13. Bad math on my part. 183 is the record (Sano topped his 2016 total in 2021), but I did 183-121 and came up with 72 - oops. So he needs 62 to tie, plus one to break it. 63/1.39 = 45.3 games to break it. THERE IS STILL A CHANCE!! (They didn't DFA him last night, did they?)
  14. He is also going to have to pick up the pace a bit, if that is even possible. In 87 games this year he has 121 K. That's 1.39 K/GP. At that pace, he will need to play 52.5 games to break the record. We have 50 left. I'd say he has a better shot of being DFAd tonight than he has of playing even 40 of the remaining games.
  15. And with the expansion just being two extra guys*, and at least one of them will be a pitcher. I think Lee's ETA is still 2024. * - I think 28 is the expanded roster size. If it's more than that, then that obviously improves his odds.
  16. It might have been the Twins trying to go under slot to throw some money at one of the unsigned picks and the Twins blinked first. Or maybe Boras wanted the full amount they could spend without penalty and his side blinked first. We don't know. We may never know. In a month week we won't care. (But it's the day of, so right now we care.)
  17. One-run win was the theme of the day, now that the big club gave away the win and then took it back.
  18. I remember that the system used to be if you didn't sign the player in the slot, you didn't get to spend the money for the slot (as twinsfansd said.) Did that change with the new CBA?
  19. Would it shock me if any given MLB pitcher didn't pitch again after this year? Not at all. It happens all the time. I wouldn't read too much into what he says. The attrition rate for the position is brutal. He is obviously aware.
  20. He's definitely in the Ron Coomer "gotta pick someone" category of all-stars, and he has managed to be an even worse all star than Coomer was. (No small feat)
  21. I had assumed someone here had slipped a few pills to Rosenthal. Edit to add: Scrolling through these comments, I think I identified a likely suspect.
×
×
  • Create New...