• Create Account

Ex Twins in 2021: Where Are They Now?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of my favorite annual threads on the site. Let’s stay updated on ex-Twins in the news... This is a start of a list, and feel free to add on as they pop up over the course of the season!   Trevor M

Vintage Rosario moon shot!

LaMonte Wade gets recalled by Giants and goes 2-4 with a walk in his debut!

Huascar Ynoa will keep a spot in the Braves' rotation for the time being.

Ynoa worked five scoreless innings in a spot-start against the Nationals next Wednesday and now he's lined up to pitch Monday against the Marlins before getting the Cubs on Saturday. The 22-year-old is deserving of the opportunity, as he notched 12 swinging strikes in his 68 pitches last Wednesday while averaging 96 mph with his fastball. With Mike Soroka's return to the Braves delayed, Ynoa has a real chance to impress here. He's a fine speculative play in deeper fantasy formats.

It’s looking like we messed up the Jaime Garcia trade. Ynoa has a chance to be a MLB starter, while all we got was one decent season out of Zach Littell and he’s gone now. Whoops!

Odo had his first start for Houston tonight.

Jake Odorizzi was rocked for five runs over 3 1/3 innings on Tuesday in a loss to the Tigers.
Odorizzi coughed up a whopping seven hits, including a solo homer to Akil Baddoo and two-run blasts to Nomar Mazara and Renato Nunez,

Akil Baddoo takes no prisoners! 

When David Ortiz gives Akil Baddoo's induction speech into the Hall of Fame, broadcasters will mention the Twins in a passing piece of trivia. Viewers will say "huh", nod their heads, shrug their shoulders, and raise their eyebrows. Then they'll quickly forget - just like that, poof, gone into the ether, much like the potential Twins careers of these two all-time great ballplayers.

When David Ortiz gives Akil Baddoo's induction speech into the Hall of Fame, broadcasters will mention the Twins in a passing piece of trivia. Viewers will say "huh", nod their heads, shrug their shoulders, and raise their eyebrows. Then they'll quickly forget - just like that, poof, gone into the ether, much like the potential Twins careers of these two all-time great ballplayers.

They will say, “While everyone knows the Twins because of their 31-game losing streak in the playoffs, here’s another bit of interesting trivia you probably don’t know...”

Looks like Raley had to be added to avoid being taken in the Rule 5 draft, and he's getting some ABs with the Dodgers now. For those who may not remember, we acquired him from the Dodgers in the Dozier trade, but sent him back in the Maeda trade.

Rosario would look pretty nice in LF right now, especially with Donaldson having been on the DL for the first two weeks and now Buxton going down. Rosario always seemed like he could show up and play everyday. Sure would be nice to see Eddie out there instead of Cave and Garlic.

Rosario would look pretty nice in LF right now, especially with Donaldson having been on the DL for the first two weeks and now Buxton going down. Rosario always seemed like he could show up and play everyday. Sure would be nice to see Eddie out there instead of Cave and Garlic.

The 2017 version of Rosario would be nice but currently Cave has the same wRC+ as Rosario (88). Garlick's wRC+ is 103. So, I will take that combo + Simmons with the savings and it's not remotely close. Cave and Garlick are also not as prone to base running and defensive mistakes.

The 2017 version of Rosario would be nice but currently Cave has the same wRC+ as Rosario (88).

I think you are looking at the wrong row -- Cave's wRC+ is actually only 16 right now. (I notice Fangraphs lists Astudillo just before him on the Twins page and he's at 88, so I suspect that is what you were seeing.)

It's true that Rosario's not doing much at .224/.281/.397 (.678 OPS), but I shudder to think what kind of league offensive environment would make Cave's .136/.224/.159 (.384 OPS) into an 88 wRC+. :)

The 2017 version of Rosario would be nice but currently Cave has the same wRC+ as Rosario (88). Garlick's wRC+ is 103. So, I will take that combo + Simmons with the savings and it's not remotely close. Cave and Garlick are also not as prone to base running and defensive mistakes.

So far Cave hasn't really been prone to doing anything? A few mistakes are ok when you are actually doing other things like throwing people out hitting a few bombs and stuff like that. Plus Rosario was good to be out there every single day. Which was my original point was that you could count on him to show up and play everyday and many of these current Twins don't seem to be able to do that.

I think you are looking at the wrong row -- Cave's wRC+ is actually only 16 right now. (I notice Fangraphs lists Astudillo just before him on the Twins page and he's at 88, so I suspect that is what you were seeing.)

It's true that Rosario's not doing much at .224/.281/.397 (.678 OPS), but I shudder to think what kind of league offensive environment would make Cave's .136/.224/.159 (.384 OPS) into an 88 wRC+. :)

Sorry, you are right. I was looking at the wrong line. Big picture ... continuing to trot Rosario out there is not the answer. Since my post his wRC+ is down to 72 and his WAR is .1. Keeping a corner OF with a below average wRC+ that is also a relatively poor defender who is also prone to base running mistakes is a recipe for mediocrity. I would rather they try to get better. That might not happen in April but the focus should be the year in aggregate and are we better by mid-season or even the end of the year. 

Plus, we keep failing to consider that had we kept Rosario one of Happ or Simmons would not be here.