• Create Account

Pineda Scratched; Bailey Ober debuting tonight!

Ober might be really good, but it seems unlikely he is ready for the big show.  Maybe the defense can help him out tonight, or maybe he is superman.  We will find out.

I didn't know he was on the 40-man roster.  It looks like he had to be.  Did the Twins hold him in the lower minors for too long?  I guess 2020 jacked his trajectory up a bit.

8 minutes ago, Dodecahedron said:

Ober might be really good, but it seems unlikely he is ready for the big show.  Maybe the defense can help him out tonight, or maybe he is superman.  We will find out.

I didn't know he was on the 40-man roster.  It looks like he had to be.  Did the Twins hold him in the lower minors for too long?  I guess 2020 jacked his trajectory up a bit.

He became rule-5 eligible in the off-season and the FO apparently felt he was a risk to be lost to another team.

Rumor has the Twins trading Buxton to the Yankees.  Please NO!  Many Yankees outfielders are injured.  Too bad for them!  Why the Twins want to make deals with the Yankees?  Remember in the late inning of the game Hicks made a huge catch and helped beat the Twins several years ago.  I say Screw the Yankees!    

56 minutes ago, Dave The Dastardly said:

Does this mean Pineda's season is Ober?

57 minutes ago, Dave The Dastardly said:

Does this mean Pineda's season is Ober?

I like your humor!!! Do the Twins have a trade in the works for Pineda?

59 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Rumor has the Twins trading Buxton to the Yankees.  Please NO!  Many Yankees outfielders are injured.  Too bad for them!  Why the Twins want to make deals with the Yankees?  Remember in the late inning of the game Hicks made a huge catch and helped beat the Twins several years ago.  I say Screw the Yankees!    

Who said this? I can’t find it anywhere. 

Why not? We've had everything else. It gives us to chance to see if someone new could help. I figure Happ is as good as traded if he can have a couple of decent starts, Shoemaker is a bust and Pineda is only 50/50 to make it through the year depending on whether they think he can be re-signed for next year.  We're going to need 2 or 3 new starters this year without injuries. Let's find out if Ober can be one of them!

24 minutes ago, LA VIkes Fan said:

By the way, if tonight's starter is standing at the top of the stairs with former slugger Adam at the bottom is he Ober Dunn? If Ober stays and Oscar's Madison's photographer roommate Felix goes to the bottom is he Ober Unger?

I'm setting the Ober-Unger for Bailey-tolerable puns during tonight's game thread at 10.