• Create Account

GAME THREAD: 5/7/21, Minnesota Twins @ Detroit Tigers, 6:10 CDT

Happy days. My three favorite position players are all on the IL. Oh well, 2-0 in the third.

Kinda seems like that is how this season is going, doesn't it?

Cave is going to play every day for the foreseeable future. I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around it at the moment.

Ssshh...I've got to unload tickets to a couple of games that I can't attend...

Cave is going to play every day for the foreseeable future. I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around it at the moment.

I always like his hustle. And he is a sort of underdog in many respects, so i like to root for him.

If anything, Garlick deserves to be starting more games with the pop he's shown recently... unfortunately CF is probably a stretch for him. I guess put Kep in CF and Garlick in RF?

I'd go with Garlick LF, Kep CF, Larnach RF.

Bremer keeps beating that drum about the reason the Twins are doing so poorly is because they can’t score late. No mention at all of the feeble bullpen that in all honesty, nobody trusts them to hang onto any lead, no matter how big

Sorry, I thought you were talking about MLB.TV.

But can you link Extra Innings to a MLB.com account here?

https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/help-center/extra-innings-mlbtv-is-included

Then you could watch through MLB.TV and use MLB.TV support too, I assume.

No ... you can't do that anymore. I used to be able to watch online, when I was away from home, they would connect my accounts, but they don't do that anymore, because, you know ... MLB wants to kill the sport by killing off fan interest by making it the most difficult it can to watch the games. I paid for a package that has never done this before. It's ridiculous ... this is the 2nd game in a week they've black out 'Local restrictions' ... and I'm in Chicago

No ... you can't do that anymore. I used to be able to watch online, when I was away from home, they would connect my accounts, but they don't do that anymore, because, you know ... MLB wants to kill the sport by killing off fan interest by making it the most difficult it can to watch the games. I paid for a package that has never done this before. It's ridiculous ... this is the 2nd game in a week they've black out 'Local restrictions' ... and I'm in Chicago

use a vpn

I always like his hustle. And he is a sort of underdog in many respects, so i like to root for him.

Definitely. It’s not his fault there isn’t depth ready to play. He’s playing a significant role, which he is not able to do well. He wouldn’t be called out to be DFA’d if he played against RH pitching only as an occasional starter instead of playing every day.

So is this Xfinity site outdated?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/watch-mlb-extra-innings-hd

Do I need to pay extra to access MLB.TV?
No, MLB.TV is included with your subscription of MLB EXTRA INNINGS.

How do I access MLB.TV?
If you have an MLB EXTRA INNINGS subscription, follow these steps to activate your MLB.TV account:

Go to secure.mlb.com/tv/activate.
Select Xfinity as your provider.
Sign in using your Xfinity ID and password.
Create a new MLB.com account or sign in with your existing account to link your Xfinity ID and password with MLB.TV.

Edit to add: MLB.TV is also mentioned prominently on this page:

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/sports/mlb/extra-innings

Bremer keeps beating that drum about the reason the Twins are doing so poorly is because they can’t score late. No mention at all of the feeble bullpen that in all honesty, nobody trusts them to hang onto any lead, no matter how big

Their inability to score late *is* a big issue. They’ve scored one run in the ninth inning. One.

Their inability to score late *is* a big issue. They’ve scored one run in the ninth inning. One.

their inability to pitch late is a bigger problem, it at least warrants being acknowledged

Agreed. Unfortunately, allowing the other team to score late is also a big issue.

That's a bad combination.

their inability to pitch late is a bigger problem, it at least warrants being acknowledged

I would argue that their inability to build on leads is just as big a problem. That puts too much pressure on the pitching to be perfect late in games, which they clearly aren't capable of doing.

Shoemaker is toast

Just DFA Shoemaker already

Is there a negativity prize of which I am unaware?

I stepped away for a few minutes and read this, thinking Shoemaker had imploded. But as far as I can tell, he gave up two singles, got a strikeout, then a double play. A scoreless second inning, after a 1-2-3 first.