• Create Account

Game Thread: Twins @ Kansas City Royals, 5/29/18 @ 5:15 PM PT (7:15 PM CT)

Love the Moose and Squirrel clips. Some of us are old enough to remember that. And some of us remember the college in Frostbite Falls, MN as well. It was Wossamotta U!

Thanks for stirring up old memories.

edit: corrected the spelling for the name of the college

Peabody is the best... This is exactly where I learned everything I know about History. 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah ... I tuned in late, but not really! Yay for slight delays!   Had some good news today ... I don't have cancer! Yay! Although, the likelihood of it was pretty slim ... still ... yay!

I hit the way-back machine in order to find some inspiration for the game thread today. However, I don't think it worked quite as it should have:   *  *Frostbite Falls, MN? Boris and Natasha? Moose

Gibson has been darn good this year. I don't think his ERA and won loss record are an accurate reflection of the job he's done.

Posted Images

Moderators: "Brock, we NEED your help! Something isn't right with the website!!"

Brock: sigh..... "What seems to be the problem? Can you describe it to me?"

Mods: "As soon as we typed in the URL, the screen went black! It's unlike anything we've ever seen..."

Brock: groans.... Takes a deep breath. "Did you try unplugging it, and plug it back in?"

Mods: pauses.... Thinks long and hard. "No."

Brock: "Please do that first, and report back. I'm going to put myself on mute and reconsider what I'm doing with my life."

*3 minutes later*

Mods: "Hey Brock?"

Brock: unmutes, takes another long, long drink from his coffee mug. "Yeah?"

Mods: "It works now."

Brock: "Great. In the next 5 minutes you'll receive an automated call to rate our conversation. It would be great if you gave me 5 st-"

Mods: "Thanks. But no thanks. K Bye."

Lol ... this is basically the gist of every time I ask Brock a technical question.

That and conversations that begin, ‘Ooooops, Brock?’

Love the Moose and Squirrel clips. Some of us are old enough to remember that. And some of us remember the college in Frostbite Falls, MN as well. It was Wossamotta U!

Thanks for stirring up old memories.

edit: corrected the spelling for the name of the college

I used to winter in Frostbite Falls, and I got my BS at ol' Wossamotta. 

Go Weevils! (or whatever)

Tangent Tuesday:

There's a woman in my office that buys into every diet fad out there. She's now "pumped up" about the Keto diet... Which have pee strips conveniently around the same maroonish color to let you know if you're at the "Keto burning zone" or not.

From the looks of her prepped meals, which are large hunks of meat with veggies grilled in lard, her cholesterol will shoot through the roof before losing 10 lbs.

a quick google search identifies that Keto diet is renamed Atkins with all the same claims and dietary restrictions. Indeed, heart disease was a common side effect of Atkins.

a quick google search identifies that Keto diet is renamed Atkins with all the same claims and dietary restrictions. Indeed, heart disease was a common side effect of Atkins.

After I had my pancreatitus, I found out a friend of mine suffers from chronic pancreatitus ... she basically has a diet that is completely opposite of what a nutritionist would consider healthy ... high carb, low protein.

After I had my pancreatitus, I found out a friend of mine suffers from chronic pancreatitus ... she basically has a diet that is completely opposite of what a nutritionist would consider healthy ... high carb, low protein.

I could do the high carb part, it's the low protein part that would be trouble.

Fun with stats - Max Kepler

----        Vs RHP     --     Vs LHP

2016      --  .792   --       .595

2017     --   .828        --   .453

2018    --    .692     --      1.197

It's great that Kepler's crushing lefties, but it's also disappointing he's hitting .214 against righties. I imagine these stats will fluctuate closer to the norm, but still.

Edited by Danchat

that would be delicious but very difficult to manage blood glucose levels. Do they check with a meter?

I lost 43 lbs over the last year with high green leafy veggies, moderate poultry protein, modest red meat and dairy, very low carb. Reducing my total calorie intake by 30%.... Running 2 miles per day and anaerobic for 45 minutes twice per week.