• Create Account

Game Thread: Twins @ Kansas City Royals, 5/29/18 @ 5:15 PM PT (7:15 PM CT)

I hit the way-back machine in order to find some inspiration for the game thread today. However, I don't think it worked quite as it should have:

*Frostbite Falls, MN? Boris and Natasha? Moose and Squirrel? Any of this ring a bell? Bueller? Sigh. Youth.

Somehow, I wound up in a weird place with flying squirrels and mooses that pull rabbits out of hats:

*Yes, we are substituting video for content. Why do you ask?

I finally made it back to the current game thread and decided to look at the last game thread I wrote. In reading that previous thread, I realize now the Twins are 3-0 when I write game threads. (write, video, it's all content, right?)

I'm hoping my streaks remains alive as the Twins try to make it two in a row in KC. (making me 4-0 if anyone is counting. Not that I'm counting, mind you. Just trying to maintain accurate records)

Some random thoughts:

this space For rentmortarboard

Some observations from last night:

1. Lynn wasn't great, but, managed to survive 6 innings and his ERA is now below 6, which is quite the drop, considering where it was a few starts ago.

2. Mr. Dozier had a two out RBI. I didn't know that was allowed. In fact, I'm not sure the Twins knew it was allowed.

3. Seriously, there's both an Escobar and a Dozier on both teams?

4. In fact, the Twins picked up RBI's with two outs twice. 

5. Nice to see Garver pick up an RBI at a critical juncture.

Play ball!

Lineups:

Twins
Pitching for the Twins: Kyle Gibson ®

1. Brian Dozier ® 2B
2. Eddie Rosario (L) LF
3. Miguel Sano ® 1B
4. Eduardo Escobar (S) 3B
5. Max Kepler (L) RF
6. Robbie Grossman (S) DH
7. Mitch Garver ® C
8. Ehire Adrianza (S) SS
9. Ryan LaMarre ® CF

Royals
Pitching for the Royals: Danny Duffy (L)

1. Jon Jay (L) CF
2. Whit Merrifield ® 2B
3. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B
4. Salvador Perez ® DH
5. Jorge Soler ® RF
6. Hunter Dozier ® 1B
7. Alex Gordon (L) LF
8. Alcides Escobar ® SS
9. Drew Butera ® C

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah ... I tuned in late, but not really! Yay for slight delays!   Had some good news today ... I don't have cancer! Yay! Although, the likelihood of it was pretty slim ... still ... yay!

I hit the way-back machine in order to find some inspiration for the game thread today. However, I don't think it worked quite as it should have:   *  *Frostbite Falls, MN? Boris and Natasha? Moose

Gibson has been darn good this year. I don't think his ERA and won loss record are an accurate reflection of the job he's done.

Posted Images

Love the Moose and Squirrel clips. Some of us are old enough to remember that. And some of us remember the college in Frostbite Falls, MN as well. It was Wossamotta U!

Thanks for stirring up old memories.

edit: corrected the spelling for the name of the college

Edited by Oldgoat_MN

Love the Moose and Squirrel clips. Some of us are old enough to remember that. And some of us remember the college in Frostbite Falls, MN as well. It was Whatsamatta U!

Thanks for stirring up old memories.

So when I was in the Army in my previous life I was stationed at the NATO HQ in Naples, Italy. There was an Italian NCO to whom I explained where "Wossamatta U" came from.

He said that was about the funniest thing he had ever heard.

Edited by VATwinsFan

Tangent Tuesday:

There's a woman in my office that buys into every diet fad out there. She's now "pumped up" about the Keto diet... Which have pee strips conveniently around the same maroonish color to let you know if you're at the "Keto burning zone" or not.

From the looks of her prepped meals, which are large hunks of meat with veggies grilled in lard, her cholesterol will shoot through the roof before losing 10 lbs.

Tangent Tuesday:

There's a woman in my office that buys into every diet fad out there. She's now "pumped up" about the Keto diet... Which have pee strips conveniently around the same maroonish color to let you know if you're at the "Keto burning zone" or not.

From the looks of her prepped meals, which are large hunks of meat with veggies grilled in lard, her cholesterol will shoot through the roof before losing 10 lbs.

This is just another low-carb, high protein (fat) diet. Ironically, when I was released from the hospital after having a pancreatitus attack (which is very painful, I might add), my instructions were low-fat and low-protein, basically the opposite of these types of diets. I could eat carbs because they were easier for my system to digest. I couldn't eat a lot of fat or protein or raw veggies

This is just another low-carb, high protein (fat) diet. Ironically, when I was released from the hospital after having a pancreatitus attack (which is very painful, I might add), my instructions were low-fat and low-protein, basically the opposite of these types of diets. I could eat carbs because they were easier for my system to digest. I couldn't eat a lot of fat or protein or raw veggies

Great... The Atkins diet rebranded as Keto... Now with pee strips to ensure you're doing it right!

Oh well, more bread for carb lovers like us!

Tangent Tuesday:

You don't worry that she's oversharing just a bit?

Was it off at some point?

Moderators: "Brock, we NEED your help! Something isn't right with the website!!"

Brock: sigh..... "What seems to be the problem? Can you describe it to me?"

Mods: "As soon as we typed in the URL, the screen went black! It's unlike anything we've ever seen..."

Brock: groans.... Takes a deep breath. "Did you try unplugging it, and plug it back in?"

Mods: pauses.... Thinks long and hard. "No."

Brock: "Please do that first, and report back. I'm going to put myself on mute and reconsider what I'm doing with my life."

*3 minutes later*

Mods: "Hey Brock?"

Brock: unmutes, takes another long, long drink from his coffee mug. "Yeah?"

Mods: "It works now."

Brock: "Great. In the next 5 minutes you'll receive an automated call to rate our conversation. It would be great if you gave me 5 st-"

Mods: "Thanks. But no thanks. K Bye."

Moderators: "Brock, we NEED your help! Something isn't right with the website!!"

Brock: sigh..... "What seems to be the problem? Can you describe it to me?"

Mods: "As soon as we typed in the URL, the screen went black! It's unlike anything we've ever seen..."

Brock: groans.... Takes a deep breath. "Did you try unplugging it, and plug it back in?"

Mods: pauses.... Thinks long and hard. "No."

Brock: "Please do that first, and report back. I'm going to put myself on mute and reconsider what I'm doing with my life."

*3 minutes later*

Mods: "Hey Brock?"

Brock: unmutes, takes another long, long drink from his coffee mug. "Yeah?"

Mods: "It works now."

Brock: "Great. In the next 5 minutes you'll receive an automated call to rate our conversation. It would be great if you gave me 5 st-"

Mods: "Thanks. But no thanks. K Bye."

Thread fodder! It's gold, I tell you, gold!