Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Recommended Posts

Old-Timey Member
Posted
52 minutes ago, djvang said:

Her just strikes me as a phony. Which I could overlook if he would produce consistently. Which he doesn't.

If he tried hitting like Arraez, he could be good.

Posted

I've been fully supportive of all of the chances he's gotten. I've fought back the haters when Royce has one of his "oh that's so Royce" quotes. But for me, he's run out of chances. He just hasn't been good enough. I think he could be a really good defensive 1B, but nothing I've seen from him recently makes me think he can be offensively average at 1B over the course of a season.

I DO believe that he could be a productive part of a successful 26-man roster, but I don't trust the Twins to act clear-headedly when it comes to Royce, so I'm ready to move on. 

Posted
29 minutes ago, nova_twins said:

Literal 0% chance Lewis is on the Twins next year. Everyone can move on. 

Sadly, the FO isn't just gonna do that because he was the #1 overall pick. What I think is going to happen, is that he going to have to battle for the right to have a spot on the 26-man roster. Now to your point, he may never be on the team when the regular season rolls around. I could see the Twins DFA'ing him, and he okaying being assigned to AAA, and potentially sticking it out until an eventual injury to a player happens and he is forced to be selected to get called up. But realistically, I just see his future with the Twins post 2026. 

Posted
18 hours ago, Tlaker said:

Cut bait! Only wish he was half as good as Royce thinks he is…..

thats the issue --  headcase

Posted
4 hours ago, MackMan said:

Sadly, the FO isn't just gonna do that because he was the #1 overall pick. What I think is going to happen, is that he going to have to battle for the right to have a spot on the 26-man roster. Now to your point, he may never be on the team when the regular season rolls around. I could see the Twins DFA'ing him, and he okaying being assigned to AAA, and potentially sticking it out until an eventual injury to a player happens and he is forced to be selected to get called up. But realistically, I just see his future with the Twins post 2026. 

Rest easy, there is literally a 0% chance, I promise. If I'm wrong I'll donate $100 to your favorite charity and post the receipt along with an apology. 

Posted
5 hours ago, RpR said:

His defense off of Third has improved. Not many games but he did well at Second Base.

Bravo. You might be the best troll this website has ever seen. A daily hater of Royce Lewis for years and now you’re on his side. Why? Because he’s about to be a veteran on this team? 

Posted
On 9/29/2026 at 5:46 PM, stringer bell said:

I think Lewis will have to win a spot in ‘27. His performance the last three years is not good enough to have earned a starting position. If he makes the roster, he’ll get chances whether he’s a starter or not.

Gleeman and the Geek suggested that he ran out of gas after playing close to a full season. Maybe so, but the numbers are the numbers and he was a below-average hitter for the third year in a row. 

If the guy can’t play a full season at first base because he ran out of gas, all the more reason to move on.

Posted
52 minutes ago, Vanimal46 said:

Bravo. You might be the best troll this website has ever seen. A daily hater of Royce Lewis for years and now you’re on his side. Why? Because he’s about to be a veteran on this team? 

So people on this site can't change opinions. You sound like the troll now. Royce Lewis is our clear option for the 27 season. This shouldn't even be a topic of conversation.

Posted
1 hour ago, C-Gangster said:

So people on this site can't change opinions. You sound like the troll now. Royce Lewis is our clear option for the 27 season. This shouldn't even be a topic of conversation.

Going off of your thumbs downs on this thread you can’t accept any criticism about Royce. My reply to rpr goes much deeper in time than simply Royce… But I will bite my tongue now to save the PM warnings sent. 

Posted
15 minutes ago, Vanimal46 said:

Going off of your thumbs downs on this thread you can’t accept any criticism about Royce. My reply to rpr goes much deeper in time than simply Royce… But I will bite my tongue now to save the PM warnings sent. 

My fault, Vanimal. I definitely misread your point and took the Royce stuff too personally. Definitely don't want any mod trouble for either of us, so let's call it a truce. My apologies for the troll comment

Posted
8 hours ago, Whammy said:

I've been fully supportive of all of the chances he's gotten. I've fought back the haters when Royce has one of his "oh that's so Royce" quotes. But for me, he's run out of chances. He just hasn't been good enough. I think he could be a really good defensive 1B, but nothing I've seen from him recently makes me think he can be offensively average at 1B over the course of a season.

I DO believe that he could be a productive part of a successful 26-man roster, but I don't trust the Twins to act clear-headedly when it comes to Royce, so I'm ready to move on. 

God dang it… I wanted his June-July resurgence to be the real Royce again. Unfortunately he got more lost at the plate than he did before he got sent to St Paul in May. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...