• Create Account

GAME THREAD: Minnesota Twins at Kansas City Royals, 6/3/2021, 7:10 PM CDT

Haven't had much time for baseball so far this week. That, and the remote was way down at the other end of the couch.

But I finally got tired enough of Food Network's Cake Wars marathon to see if the cushy schedule has put the Twins in first yet like some hard-hitting and objective local sports media types have been saying.  Comments tonight are making me think no.

3 minutes ago, LaBombo said:

Haven't had much time for baseball so far this week. That, and the remote was way down at the other end of the couch.

But I finally got tired enough of Food Network's Cake Wars marathon to see if the cushy schedule has put the Twins in first yet like some hard-hitting and objective local sports media types have been saying.  Comments tonight are making me think no.

Which is more disappointing?  The Twins play or the fact that you expended any effort to get to the other end of the couch to get the remote in order to watch it?

22 minutes ago, ashbury said:

Full disclosure: I gave up several weeks ago.

When I first read that I thought yeah, that's when my hope began to approach zero.   Then I realized it wasn't my hope going to zero, but rather my indifference approaching  infinity.

49 minutes ago, Nine of twelve said:

Here are other Hall Of Famers who batted right and threw left.

Carl Hubbell, Randy Johnson, Sandy Koufax, Eppa Rixey, and Rube Waddell. I'm pretty certain Rickey is the only R/L position player in the hall.

Eddie Mathews hit left, threw right.  That was a fairly common combination.  Not sure about the opposite.  Rickey Henderson was an exception in many ways. Of course Ted Williams was the best https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-baseball-handedness/best-pro-baseball-players-throw-right-hit-left-idUSKBN1CU32Y 

• Twins Daily Video