• Create Account

GAME THREAD: 5/14/21 Minnesota Twins vs Oakland A's, 7:10 PM CDT

The Pitchers:

RHP Matt Shoemaker (2-3, 6.43 ERA, 19 K's, 28 IP) vs RHP Frankie Montas (4-2, 5.50 ERA, 35 K's, 36 IP)

Shoemaker was good his last time out against the Tigers, which is the most recent game that the Twins won. However, his last start at home saw him get roughed up by the Royals, allowing 9 runs in just 3.1 innings pitched. Shoemaker has been the Twins worst starter, but the veteran right hander should be able to improve to his career norms. Montas, a hard throwing righty, beat the Rays last time out. Frankie was suspended for 80 games in 2019 for PEDs. He relies on a sinker 4 seam combination, which sit in the upper 90s. He works a slider off those two pitches to right handers, and a split finger to lefties which has a whiff rate of 45.7%.

The Lineups

Twins

LF Luis Arraez (L)

3B Josh Donaldson

2B Jorge Polanco (S)

DH Nelson Cruz

RF Trevor Larnach (L)

1B Willians Astudillo

CF Max Kepler (L)

SS Andrelton Simmons

C Ben Rortvedt (L)

A's

CF Ramon Laureano

DH Mitch Moreland (L)

2B Jed Lowrie (S)

1B Matt Olson (L)

3B Matt Chapman

RF Stephen Piscotty

LF Seth Brown (L)

C Sean Murphy

SS Elvis Andrus

This Day in History - 2005: In upstate New York, 11-year-old Katie Brownell, the only girl enrolled in the local Little League, throws a perfect game in front of an astonished crowd of about 100 parents and friends. The shy sixth-grader strikes out every batter she faces, allowing only three foul balls in the six-inning contest at Oakfield Town Park.

Pick to Click: Nelson Cruz hits a bomba

Prediction: Twins 6, A's 5

Go Twins!!!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The twins commentators need to stop with the “bad luck” angle. Every team has bad luck. Don’t insult the intelligence of those of us who’ve watched most of the games

Bring him up before he gets his AARP card

We could go with a bullpen game. Those were popular and drew rave reviews last year, right? 🤣

Posted Images

It's David Byrnes' birthday....could do worse than listen to the Talking Heads instead of the announcers......It is also one of Milli Vanilli's bdays, but I have no idea which is which. You maybe could not do worse than to listen to that....Oh, the bassist for Cream has a birthday today, plenty of good music there....

16 minutes ago, Mike Sixel said:

It's David Byrnes' birthday....could do worse than listen to the Talking Heads instead of the announcers......It is also one of Milli Vanilli's bdays, but I have no idea which is which. You maybe could not do worse than to listen to that....Oh, the bassist for Cream has a birthday today, plenty of good music there....

Why not both? We have have 2 ears after all... At least that is the defaul setting, it would seem.

24 minutes ago, Mill1634 said:

This Day in History - 2005: In upstate New York, 11-year-old Katie Brownell, the only girl enrolled in the local Little League, throws a perfect game in front of an astonished crowd of about 100 parents and friends. The shy sixth-grader strikes out every batter she faces, allowing only three foul balls in the six-inning contest at Oakfield Town Park.

I wanna say i heard on the radio someone had recently done this at the collegiate softball level as well.

1 minute ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

Simmons’ arm does not seem right. I’ve watched him quite a bit and he never looked like this in past seasons. 

When they signed him I told my son, .

"it’s nice to see a SS exceed 78 mph on a throw to first". That last one was in the low 60’s