• Create Account

GAME THREAD: Twins @ Angels, 4/16/21, 8:38 PM CDT

Per Betsy Helfand on Twitter (since I don't know the fancy way to embed tweets):

The Twins are planning on having Byron Buxton (hamstring) go through a full workout today on the field. He'll hit and run and test things out.

Baldelli: "We're going to see exactly where he's at. I think today will be a pretty good day to find out exactly where we sit."

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

4. True story: I probably related this already, but in case not, I was in attendance at the famous Joe Niekro ejection in Anaheim.   Halfway up the third deck, somewhere between home and 1st...and I

we're trying to force both Garver and Jeffers into the lineup why?  To get Jeffers' bat into the lineup? Garver's stone hands into the infield defense?

It’s always thrilling when your team snatches victory from the jaws of victory, as the Twins did yesterday afternoon at Target Field against the Red Sox. The Twins lost 3 of 4 in the series, but were

Per Betsy Helfand on Twitter (since I don't know the fancy way to embed tweets):

The Twins are planning on having Byron Buxton (hamstring) go through a full workout today on the field. He'll hit and run and test things out.

Baldelli: "We're going to see exactly where he's at. I think today will be a pretty good day to find out exactly where we sit."

In Rocco-speak, this could mean anything from being available to pinch-hit tonight, to a 10-day IL stint... I sure hope it's closer to the former than the latter. I am very sick of seeing Jake Cave try to hit against lefties and play CF.

we're trying to force both Garver and Jeffers into the lineup why?

To get Jeffers' bat into the lineup? Garver's stone hands into the infield defense?

Because if anyone seems to need to be benched for a bit, it's Sano. If both get regular playing time then maybe they'll both start to hit?

Because if anyone seems to need to be benched for a bit, it's Sano. If both get regular playing time then maybe they'll both start to hit?

What in Sanó's history makes you think that he'll hit better after being benched? He broke out in 2019 after the Twins kept him in the lineup through a similarly poor start to the season. He finally had a good game yesterday, so I don't think now is the time to bench him.

Interesting debate around Sano; bench him so he can get his head together, or keep putting him in the lineup until he starts hitting. The problem is we've got about 5 guys batting below the Mendoza line. Can't bench 'em all. So we've got four of them (Kepler is almost at number 5) in tonight's lineup. Doesn't portend great things at the plate, but what's the alternative?

What? Wasn't Dobnak supposed to be this guy? Did I miss something?

v=gNkW7Mn_AfM

It doesn't take too much to understand that we need an extra long relief/ spot starter especially on the road. I'm glad the Twins know.

My “I was there” story...my former boss, a big Red Sox fan, invited me to a Boston@Baltimore game on Sept 16, 2001. The game, as with all MLB games, was canceled, as were all games Sept 11-16, 2001.

We went to the make-up game in early October, which wound up being Cal Ripken Jrs last game. He rode a car around the field at the end of the game, waving and saluting all of the fans.

Yeah I don't understand why Thorpe didn't go in the DHer. Seemed to make more sense.

Heard a talking head driving around this afternoon that Baldelli liked the idea of squeezing another lefty in against the Angels...apparently they’ve (as a team) been stymied by a couple of lefties early this season.

I guess we’ll see.

Tell me I'm wrong.

In baseball, you ant your leadoff man to be the one guy you hope gets five plate appearances in a game. It is a bonus if he can also work the count and fouls off pitches and allows the team to get a good 6-10 pitch look at the night's mound guy. You also hope that the 2-3-4 hitters will also see five at bats.

Of course, you also bat 8th and 9th the guys you would be happy to get to the plate only three times in a game, although sometimes either could be a leadoff hitter. 

Why is Garver batting leadoff?

My “I was at the game.”...

Twins score 19 against Sox in ‘77; Glenn Adam’s 8 rbi; Carew 4-5, 6 rbi

Day Dave Kingman hit the ball that never came down.

Thome flag-pole HR

Oh, and game 7 in 1987. BAM!!

I was there (twice) at the 6/26/77 game you reference. I was an 11-year-old and kids 12-and-under got a Carew shirt. My bro-in-law wanted a shirt as well, so he bought an extra two tickets. We went in to the left field seats, got a shirt, exited, and re-entered in right field to get another.

It was cool at Twins Fest a couple years ago to ask Carew about it and have him describe it as his most memorable day as a Twin. It was my most memorable day as a child as well.