2. Josh Donaldson ® 3B
3. Nelson Cruz ® DH
4. Kyle Garlick ® LF
5. Luis Arraez (L) 2B
6. Miguel Sano ® 1B
7. Jorge Polanco (S) SS
8. Max Kepler (L) RF
9. Jake Cave (L) CF

Buxton's still out of the lineup. As I speculated yesterday, his hamstring is likely worse than what the beat writers were saying on Wednesday...

Thanks Danchat!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

4. True story: I probably related this already, but in case not, I was in attendance at the famous Joe Niekro ejection in Anaheim.   Halfway up the third deck, somewhere between home and 1st...and I

we're trying to force both Garver and Jeffers into the lineup why?  To get Jeffers' bat into the lineup? Garver's stone hands into the infield defense?

It’s always thrilling when your team snatches victory from the jaws of victory, as the Twins did yesterday afternoon at Target Field against the Red Sox. The Twins lost 3 of 4 in the series, but were

Buxton. This is exactly why the Twins need to be wary of a big time extension for the guy. He's only played 1 season of more than 100 games (2017). By the way things are going he probably won't reach 100 this season either. 

Honestly, and I'd only say this quietly, under my breath, and definitely wouldn't say it in a game thread, but I got a little anxious when I heard all that "I want to stay here" talk this spring coming from him. I mean, I'd love to keep him, but I also want him to keep playing hungry. 

Honestly, and I'd only say this quietly, under my breath, and definitely wouldn't say it in a game thread, but I got a little anxious when I heard all that "I want to stay here" talk this spring coming from him. I mean, I'd love to keep him, but I also want him to keep playing hungry. 

Or recuperating hungry, as the case may be.

Many have said that Cave is a 4th OF... but he hasn't hit since 2019 and his defense isn't anything special. His ABs haven't looked competitive. Garlick makes a lot more sense to be the 4th OF if/when Kirilloff takes over LF so that he'll be the right to complement the lefties in LF/RF.

Many have said that Cave is a 4th OF... but he hasn't hit since 2019 and his defense isn't anything special. His ABs haven't looked competitive. Garlick makes a lot more sense to be the 4th OF if/when Kirilloff takes over LF so that he'll be the right to complement the lefties in LF/RF.

Cave has no business starting against a lefty but here we are again because Buxton can’t stay on the damned field. Jake may be entirely cooked but it’s too early to know for sure. If he is allowed to be in a strict platoon, I still think he does okay.

Cave has no business starting against a lefty but here we are again because Buxton can’t stay on the damned field. Jake may be entirely cooked but it’s too early to know for sure. If he is allowed to be in a strict platoon, I still think he does okay.

Yeah ... Cave is not a starter. And since Buxton isn't on the IL they can't/won't call up a good replacement and go with Cave out there.

If there is anything more predictable than the sun coming up in the east, its Buxton being hurt on a regular basis, all the time. If its not one injury, its another. He gets hurt just being alive. Never seen anything like it. If he plays 4 games in a row, its time to plan the parade.

And the sad thing is he is probably the best player on the roster....when he does play. Meanwhile about half the team can't even hit .200. The numbers are pathetic.

but then, a win tonite brings them back to .500.