• Create Account

Johnny Damon arrested

Surely drunk. Surely needed to be charged with DUI. No way he should have been driving and making his car a possible killing weapon. But I see unneccessary escalation by overzealous "peace" officer. Of course the charges of resisting arrest were droppped. They never should have been charged. Damon was going nowhere. The drunks just wanted to talk to the cop, as drunks do. Why people are ever stupid enough to get behind the wheel when they are drunk will never cease to amaze me. 

Geez, what an idiot. The wife is worse. The officer should have let him talk and then arrested him rather than escalating but still, what an idiot. I had an old college friend in Texas get behind the wheel at a .31, screw up traffic, hit somebody, and get charged with attempted murder. Over charged but he wound up in Sate prison for a significant chunk of time. Damon is lucky that isn't him. The sad thing is that he probably isn't even embarrassed by his behavior. 

I'm confused. What did the cop do that was wrong? There are clearly two people who are extremely drunk and not following any of the directions he was giving. 

The cop didn't do anything wrong. Point was that I - and many other lawyers - have had clients treated much, much worse by cops for doing far less than what Johnny and his wife did. 

The cop didn't do anything wrong. Point was that I - and many other lawyers - have had clients treated much, much worse by cops for doing far less than what Johnny and his wife did.

Yes, your agenda was perfectly clear in your first post. Were your clients also baseball players like Damon? If not, then that's as far as this tangent goes on this site. And I, personally, don’t even disagree with the point you are making, but you know better. This is a baseball website and just because your vehicle is a baseball player, doesn’t make this a baseball discussion.