• Create Account

GAME THREAD 6/13/2021: Astros @ Twins, 1:10 CDT

1 minute ago, sampleSizeOfOne said:

5-0

Still surmountable, in my book.

I got a pretty big book, and only part way through it... (no spoilers, please)

I have work to do, I should be doing it ... but who wants to bow a Haydn symphony when I can watch this?

1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

eh ... why not? Maybe giving him one last opportunity before sending him down when Maeda comes up ... unless that switch already happened?

Makes a lot of sense, as that call up is imminent.

And i believe giving a pitcher a long leash just before going down has been the way things have been done recently.

2 minutes ago, Matthew Lenz said:

Four days ago he used a hurt fingernail as a reason for not pitching well. Now he's being brought in as a reliever, on short rest, in a three-run game?

I think second guessing that isn't as irrational as you guys are making it sound.

One thing I've learned in my old age ... I know the answers to very little ... and I'm not going to spend my time pretending I know better :) 

Why is it acceptable that ball players don’t need to know the rules of the game. Neither baserunner knew who was entitled to third base and the fielder didn’t know who to tag. If he did he would have had an easy double play 

11 minutes ago, LVTwinsfan said:

Why is it acceptable that ball players don’t need to know the rules of the game. Neither baserunner knew who was entitled to third base and the fielder didn’t know who to tag. If he did he would have had an easy double play 

I'm not going to rewind back to the play to check, but did any tag occur while someone was off the bag?  I don't see how you register more than one out in the normal case, regardless of who gets tagged first.  The lead runner is entitled to the base, the following runner is tagged out.  (Had it been a force play, it would be the other way around.)  Did the lead runner goof up and wander off the base, after the second runner was tagged out?

1 minute ago, ashbury said:

I'm not going to rewind back to the play to check, but did any tag occur while someone was off the bag?  I don't see how you register more than one out in that case, regardless of who gets tagged first.  The lead runner is entitled to the base, the following runner is tagged out.  (Had it been a force play, it would be the other way around.)  Did the lead runner goof up and wander off the base, after the second runner was tagged out?