3. Alex Bregman 3B

4. Yordan Alvarez LF

5. Yuli Gurriel 1B

6. Carlos Correa SS

7. Kyle Tucker RF

8. Myles Straw CF

9. Garrett Stubbs C

P: Framber Valdez

One of the biggest reasons of the current situation for the Twins is a barren pitching staff, so I looked at whether any old friends would have helped us this year...

Jake Odorizzi: 1-3, 6.75 ERA

Rich Hill: 5-2, 3.38 ERA

Trevor May: 2-2, 3.86 ERA

Sergio Romo: 0-0, 5.75 ERA

Matt Wisler: 1-2, 6.05 ERA

Zack Littell, 0-0, 1.47 ERA

Sean Poppen, 0-0, 7.71 ERA

I wanted Rich Hill back so badly...... but otherwise, the Twins' front office decisions did not affect this season at all. A short season makes it really hard to tell who is truly good and who's not, given the lack of data. Also: good for Zack Littell! 

Going back another year, we have

Martin Perez: 4-3, 3.88 ERA

Ryne Harper: 0-0, 1.29 ERA

Blake Parker: 0-0, 2.45 ERA

.......Am I missing somebody? 

Let's look at the AL ERA leaders:

1. Lance Lynn, 7-1, 1.23 ERA

2. Kyle Gibson, 4-0, 2.13 ERA

Oh boy. Baseball is a strange game, isn't it? 

Disappointed that Gordon isn't playing as well as Buxton...would have been nice to have him return in front of the home crowd. I don't know why the braintrust is keeping him in St.Paul anymore. Like I have mentioned before...his shelflife is brief. Don't waste these few games playing in the minors.

Lineup notes: Refsnyder is back and playing right field. Against a lefty, the Twins have only Larnach hitting from the left side. Valdez is a tough matchup for anyone from what I've seen.

Regarding ex-Twins pitchers, I've always wondered how good Perez could be. He had been on a nice run until his last outing. Gibson has been sensational since getting beat around in his first outing and Lance Lynn has been outstanding for the Sox.  Projecting pitchers seems to be very tough to do. The current front office seemed to do quite well until this year. 

Anybody know why no Bremer today? He hasn't missed a game since his son graduated. Guess I'll watch on mute with the radio feed on. LaPanta is terrible at pbp for any sport. And with Roy this is a nightmare announcing team.

I would feel cheated as a fan, with the way some of our key players continue to miss games.  These unusually long rehabs have done nothing to reduce the overall injuries this team incurs.  If Buxton can rake in St. Paul, he certainly can do the same in the Show.  He's just one example of these extraordinarily long absences.

1 minute ago, RickOShea said:

I would feel cheated as a fan, with the way some of our key players continue to miss games.  These unusually long rehabs have done nothing to reduce the overall injuries this team incurs.  If Buxton can rake in St. Paul, he certainly can do the same in the Show.  He's just one example of these extraordinarily long absences.

I am always conflicted on this, I agree it seems long but I'm not a medical professional and obviously not the player involved so really have no idea how bad the injury is versus how overly cautious they're being. That said a rehab stint occurs nearly 100% of the time, even if the player comes out in their first game back and has a day at the plate, so I don't think it's fair to say that his rehab stint has been extraordinarily long.

Just now, Matthew Lenz said:

I am always conflicted on this, I agree it seems long but I'm not a medical professional and obviously not the player involved so really have no idea how bad the injury is versus how overly cautious they're being. That said a rehab stint occurs nearly 100% of the time, even if the player comes out in their first game back and has a day at the plate, so I don't think it's fair to say that his rehab stint has been extraordinarily long.

I'm pretty sure you and I are the only ones who understand this.

11 minutes ago, lecroy24fan said:

I'm pretty sure you and I are the only ones who understand this.

It doesn't help that the Twins (like all teams) don't provide a lot of detail when it comes to player injuries. How many times has it seemed to happen that a player is day-to-day for a few days and then next thing you know is out for weeks or months? It's their right to do that (and protect the players deserved privacy) but doesn't help people who think everyone these days is soft, should throw 150 pitches/outing, and make 50 starts every year.

1 minute ago, Matthew Lenz said:

It doesn't help that the Twins (like all teams) don't provide a lot of detail when it comes to player injuries. How many times has it seemed to happen that a player is day-to-day for a few days and then next thing you know is out for weeks or months? It's their right to do that (and protect the players deserved privacy) but doesn't help people who think everyone these days is soft, should throw 150 pitches/outing, and make 50 starts every year.

Wait they're not supposed to????

6 minutes ago, sampleSizeOfOne said:

3-0 now.

Oh well,

If they can be held to that, it's not bad ... 3 runs shouldn't be insurmountable ... but then ...