• Create Account

Where should the ASG be played? (no politics)

In a different year, that might be something to think about, but there are still a lot of travel restrictions out there. And I think the logistics of making that happen in a relatively short time span, even without the added issues, might still make that difficult. But I think MLB should consider that for another year.

The virus is waning in the Far East. It would be less dangerous virologically. This is the perfect opportunity for MLB to spread its appeal internationally. Play the game in China. Cuba or Venezuela would be two other great choices for the new MLB.

No trolling. By moving permanently to Toronto, there would no longer be any risk of this type of issue this year or in the future. The safe thing to do is to play the All-Star game in a country other than the USA starting this year snd into the future.

No trolling. By moving permanently to Toronto, there would no longer be any risk of this type of issue this year or in the future. The safe thing to do is to play the All-Star game in a country other than the USA starting this year snd into the future.

Okay, moderator hat ... I specifically said not to go there. If this thread was a ruse for this kind of response, I will close it. If you want to have a serious discussion of where the ASG should be played this year do it without this kind of subterfuge.

Moderator warning:

We already had one thread closed down because of the political talk. We initially gave it some leeway because of the nature of MLB's decision, but, as some people just can't contain themselves to not have an actual discussion but resort to name calling and disrespect, and then have the debate go far afield from the topic, we shut it down. So ... if you want to discuss where you want the game to be played, have at it ... but leave the politics out of it. The decision has been made, it's done, regardless what you think of it, so move on. Posts have been removed. Here is my original warning, if you care to read it. Don't step over that line again, please. And if you can't post without making a reference to the politics, DON'T POST.

I think it should be in Chicago. We have two MLB teams and stadiums here ... we can play half the game in one, the move it to the other and finish it off ... from one crappy stadium to another crappy, albeit iconic, stadium. :)

In the other thread someone suggested Milwaukee, because the game was going to honor Hank Aaron, and the connection of the Braves there might be fitting.

Another suggested LA. It's been a long time since it was there, they were going to have it in 2022, so, just move it up a year?

I think Minneapolis would be a nice spot, too. Great stadium, good weather in July, beautiful city ... what's not to like there?

As I said above ... NO POLITICS. The decision has been made, regardless your opinion on it. Move forward.

Not going to happen in a year where the Japanese are not permitting foreign visitors for the Olympics.

I thought I had posted the following already, but now I don't see it. My apologies if it appears twice.

Regarding 2021, I agree. I was speaking in more general terms about where a suitable neutral baseball venue might be.