Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Oldgoat_MN

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,437
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Oldgoat_MN

  1. Nice write-up. Thank you. I don't know if I believe being new to a playoff series means a player is going to be nervous, but for some reason at the same time I think past experience is helpful. Which suggests I have absolutely no idea what their responses will be. I'm seldom at this much a loss for an opinion. I'll just read other opinions and probably join the most optimistic one.
  2. Every Twins fan would love to see a healthy, productive Byron Buxton on the postseason roster. That said, a roster with Buxton and Gallo is leaving stats behind and leaning towards longshot odds.
  3. I agree with FlyingFinn. I expect Ober to get stronger after a few more appearances. Liking the idea of his arm in the postseason.
  4. I am confident that Maeda will be happy to help the Twins in any way he can. His preference does not preclude him from being a good team player.
  5. I get that he has a SSS in MLB. However, he has a large body of successful innings in AAA competition. That's not nothing. And given it's what we have, that's what we're using. I don't have a problem with that.
  6. Excellent article. I, too, had concerns and continued to wish we has taken MacKenzie Gore. Heading into the playoffs this year I will be very happy to see Royce on the field for our team. Go Twins!
  7. If indeed you come to town for the playoffs just mention it here in late September. Your years of contributions to this site and baseball knowledge, I suspect, will have many suggestions and invitations directed your way.
  8. Like any other pitcher on the open market, all we have to do is offer more money than anyone else. Who wants to pitch for a team that doesn't score runs? This is exactly what Sonny was talking about when he spoke of retiring. It's like everyone ignored his comments about having fun. I believe we will have a more potent offense next year with AK & Lewis, however. Waller too, if this brilliant FO doesn't resign Gallo.
  9. My X-factor player is Joey Gallo. His batting average has gone down each month. July it was .128. He id trending... poorly. If you have an employee who cannot admit when they make a mistake that is very bad for your organization. If that person is a manager it is much worse. Falvine (I don't know whose decision this would be) cannot admit that this was a poor idea. It has eaten into playing time for players who might be better and will be available to us for years to come. Instead we get Gallo. This doesn't excuse Rocco for putting him in the lineup again and again, but Rocco shouldn't even have that option at this point. Joey Gallo might be a great guy. I certainly wish him no ill will and I get that his OPS is not as bad as some others. However, I cannot believe that this is what's best for the Minnesota Twins long term. Yup, my X-factor guy is Gallo.
  10. Excellent article. Thanks Cody. Yes, the Twins have had significant contributions from these young players. It has certainly been a delight to see. The future could be very interesting. These players are the reason I'm not so much on the 'fire the front office' bandwagon.
  11. It is where he could help the team the most. You state that he is no more likely to injure himself at CF than 3B. Is that true? Does Royce believe that?
  12. Say all you want about SSS and unsustainable, this kid has some skills. Really happy for him. Having a couple of guys who get on base is helpful in scoring runs. With Lewis and Julian batting near .300 we get some runners. It is said that hitting is contagious. I certainly hope so. Nice article. Thanks
  13. I don't pretend to know what is going on with Buxton. We all know he is capable of so much more than we are getting. Having him bat 3rd constantly makes me wonder, dies Rocco even WANT to win games? Seriously. There is evidence that winning is not his primary concern.
  14. I believe the comment about fun' was telling. How much fun can it be for a pitcher to pitch for a team that cannot hit? Also, there is clearly little, if any, 'fire' on this team. It's like they're going through the motions. That can't be fun. IMHO: He will sign elsewhere unless the team starts supporting him with runs. Can't really blame him. On a positive note, if the team does start hitting we have the pitching to make the post season interesting.
  15. 2022 1st half and 2nd half slash lines: 1st: .279/.353/.450 (.803) 2nd: .304/.380/.486 (.866)
  16. I think it means we shouldn't be too optimistic about the recovery from injuries sustained by our OF players. I'm not fond of my interpretation, but there it is. Worse still, there may be some news which has not yet been made public.
  17. The Twins could offer a very high AAV without exceeding the luxury tax. That is the one advantage they have. The 'big buck' teams would be paying his salary almost twice; once to Ohtani and once to MLB.
  18. Interesting idea - that expectations can be allowed to wander to new heights. I like it!
  19. This is the most metaphysical article I've ever read on TwinsDaily. Thank you Alex!
  20. In 2022 Wacha had a career high of 80.3% left on base and a career low .260 BABIP. All the luck fell his way. I would be shocked if 2023 was nearly as good as 2022 for him. My vote is a hard pass.
  21. Correa talked about a marriage. Would you marry someone with whom you were their 3rd or 4th choice? I think we move on. His commitment is to the money, not the team. Fine, but move on.
  22. I like your blueprint, Doc. Thanks If AK recovers and can play MLB he should be at 1B. I'd leave Arraez at DH for another year. Maybe he improves somewhere or a position opens up. I see AK as a professional 1B. A player like that can save a good number of errors for the other infielders. Also, please help me (serious request): Why all the love for Celinistino? Yes, I like his defense, but he hasn't posted an OPS of .800 ever, at any level in pro ball. He had an OPS of .615 this year in MLB. Thank you
  23. I feel like the Twins may as well pay the price now for a high end starter with at least a year remaining after 2022. It's not really going to be that much cheaper in the off-season and they can look like they are making an effort. And hey - that effort could pay off. Then they have a real ace for next year. When proposing a trade please remember to include 2 players from the Twins who are either on the 40 man or will need to be added this fall. That's not going to get better after the World Series either. Now, please pitch in with realistic plans that make me feel better. Thank you!
  24. I had this long, rather esoteric response filled with wisdom and humor. Alas, you just summarized every approach to a comment I may have had. Nicely done.
  25. I was certain Arcia was going to be awesome! Oswaldo Arcia regularly hit > .300 in MiLB. For some reason he thought that when he came to MLB his job was to hit 500 foot home runs. He swung so hard he hurt himself. More than once. I truly believe that someone else with the same talent could have made a MLB career for themselves. That was just sad.
×
×
  • Create New...