Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Oldgoat_MN

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,437
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Oldgoat_MN

  1. Art least he'll be safe. No one is going to pick up a guy with 5 to 6 walks per nine.
  2. I'd much rather they gave up Duran or Enlow than Balazovic, but who knows what they are being offered by other teams? Thought provoking. Probably best that I am not an MLB GM. It's only easy when your team is losing.
  3. This all day. If you eat the whole contract the prospect cost should be minimal. It's about money with Kennedy. And to all who are saying the Twins could stand pat and they are good to go for the next several years, remember what Jim Kaat said just a few years ago (paraphrasing) 'After 1965 we thought we would be back to the World Series again and again. We had young stars like Oliva and Versalles, a feared hitter in the Killer, strong pitching, and yet it didn't come together. You have to jump when the opportunity presents itself.' (Kaat was referring to the decision by the Nationals [i think in 2012] to shut Strasburg down for the rest of the year because of innings count. The Nationals were having a great year, and of course, Kaat felt they were acting like Strasburg was made of Balsa wood.)
  4. I don't get how there can be concerns about his height. He's listed at 5' 11". Johan Santana was listed at 6' 0" Marcus Stroman is listed at 5' 7". People who worry about that sort of thing are looking for something to worry about. IMHO it's downright silly, given the facts.
  5. Doctor Wu pointed out what I was going to say: He loves to bat. In fact, he is currently sporting a slash line of .271/.300/.583 (.883). I'd love to have him pitching for us but consider the odds of that at less than 2%.
  6. I rather like the Ian Kennedy idea. The fact that his contract calls for him to be paid $16.5 million next year makes him unattractive to almost every team. Along with part of this year's salary it would relieve KC of over $20 million. They are paying him SP money. No one would pay that to a RP. So if money is not an obstacle then why not grab him? As a RP this year he has been outstanding. (1.24 WHIP, 2.26 FIP, 10.9 K/9) Edit: I hadn't even thought of him until LA Vikes Fan mentioned him.
  7. To be fair, 'respectfully disagree' was stated in the original post. I think this is more about the personal attacks some writers, like Ruesse, have made toward others simply because they have a different opinion. I personally post here less often because of ridicule. Most of that was because I didn't want the Twins to trade a guy that many others were saying should be traded. I'm not always right, but in this case that player's name is Eddie Rosario.
  8. I think calling for Mike Morin to be DFAed suggests an itchy trigger finger. Coming into this game he had a 1.66 ERA, a 3.81 FIP and a WHIP of 0.877. These stats are NOT readily replaceable. I'm not saying he's a lock to have on the team all year. However, a RP who has allowed 4 earned runs this year in 22 appearances is probably not the guy you get rid of immediately when he has his first bad outing of the year. We need to do something about our relief corps. This just probably isn't exactly where we should start.
  9. I like it that you're thinking outside the box. While all of these stats are of a relative small sample size, it is the data we have for this year. Not sure that you are correct, but I like it.
  10. I suspect they would have not signed Schoop. Esco & Jorge as the keystone. We would be a better team, though I suppose not wildly so. Despite his stellar numbers probably the biggest loss in Escobar leaving was that everybody loved him. Had we offered him the same money for 2 years that we gave Gonzo we would have him. Duran has to turn into something special or this trade will always leave me feeling disappointed. Alas...
  11. This was really good. I find a mini documentary on regular folks enlightening. Odd how sometimes they don't really occur as that different from myself. Thank you
  12. He is a free agent after this season. The Giants don't appear to be going anywhere this season, so if they can pick up a promising player for Mad Bum that might work for them. Can't give up too much for a rental, but it would be a huge boost to the starting rotation for the rest of this year. I suspect you'd be looking at one of our top prospects and maybe a lottery ticket or two. Maybe more, but for half a season? It will be interesting to see if he moves and what the price is.
  13. Good to see Wynston Sawyer is back. Sadly, that was probably the best news of the day for the Twins MiLB.
  14. Thank you Heezy1323. This is very helpful for those of us who get absolutely nothing from the announcement of a 'shoulder impingement'. Much appreciated.
  15. I don't know about Arraez. You usually want a guy to be hitting under .400 before you send him down.
  16. This would be a nit-picking exercise but for your approach. Using only the next 5 picks makes it interesting. Thank you
  17. It appears that Prince Fielder is getting $24 million this year and next. Too bad he was injured. I've read that he's a pretty good guy and was certainly an amazing talent for Detroit.
  18. Another test to see if these Twins are real. If we take 2 of 3 even those of us who are trying to remain 'cautiously optimistic' are probably going be get pretty high on this team. I'm sorry for Corey Kluber. I truly am. But if factors into the season in a significant way.
  19. It is a rare day that I only check this site once. Love it. One request... on the right side of the page under The Forums you have the last 5 articles that have had a comment posted. An article can roll off the list pretty fast. Could you put something there that we could click that would bring up the 5 before that? I know I would use it frequently.
  20. Well, they make a great deal of money and this is the business they are in. That said, I have often wondered why more contracts don't include a payout in the event of a trade. You have to move to another city and that seems like it should entail some compensation.
  21. I think there's a decent chance you could get either Harper or Machado by offering 3/105. They make $35 million per year and this era of the teams watching their budgets closely may have passed. Also, the new CBA will be coming along and salaries may have escalated for any number of other reasons. $35M per year and sign again while still in your prime. Might tempt a player. Also, it is relatively short term and the Twins would likely make out OK in the $/WAR equation. . Doesn't have to be a 10 year deal.
  22. If I was 30 years younger I'd go find some random baby boy who's left handed and adopt him. I have no millionaires to support me in my aging years. Alas...
  23. There were a pretty healthy number of guys on that team who played in at least one All Star game. This is fun.
  24. Excellent article, clear observations, reasonable conclusions. Only complaint: there should be a link to Part 1. Thanks
×
×
  • Create New...