Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Oldgoat_MN

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,437
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Oldgoat_MN

  1. I never get enough of reading about that game. It was the only game I ever attended at Milwaukee County Stadium. Good for me!
  2. Very interesting Riverbrian! *passes collection plate*
  3. Jeter won 5 Gold Gloves. No statistic anywhere can explain that. Greg Maddux won 18 Gold Gloves. In 1993 he committed 7 errors. He won the Gold Glove that year. Brad Radke played MLB for 12 years. In those 12 years he committed 7 errors. I'm not suggesting that Brad Radke was a better fielder than Maddux (or Jeter). Still, something's amiss.
  4. This is exactly correct. We need Santana and Berrios to give us a chance to win their starts and we need some help from someone we don't really see it coming from. Big Sexy seems to get the job done, but I am never brimming with confidence when he takes the mound. I seem to have more a 'fear and trembling' thing going on.
  5. Gonsalves is not on the 40-man, so we are unlikely to see him in MLB this season. The same is true of Park. I would actually give Nik Turley another shot. Those minor league numbers are not a fabrication. Another MLB outing where he gets lit up might show that we really do not want to burn a spot on the 40-man roster over the winter. A strong and promising performance might make a difference in how we view our future potential starting rotation.
  6. A nice write-up for Perkins, who has been a positive influence for the Twins. Hope his next outing is successful, even if it's in a losing effort.
  7. I would think we would send Enns to AAA. Really cannot imagine why not.
  8. If we're going to look at the stats these players have put up in this, their first few games, then MacKenzie Gore has pitched in 4 games (12 IP) and has posted a 0.75 ERA with a 0.75 WHIP. He has 13.5 K/9 and only 1.5 W/9. He signed for less than we gave Lewis. Time will tell.
  9. Robbie Grossman's OBP so far in August is a terrible .265. If he adds .100 points to his OBP that puts him near the rest of the year. Then he is still an OK DH. Not the prototypical home run hitting DH, but a guy who often gets on base and, consequently, moves runners forward. Hoping that in Robbie's case this is just a SSS aberration. And yes, we badly need Berrios at his best.
  10. I have believed in this guy for a while. Really glad I don't have to eat my hat. It has sweat stains.
  11. Yes, well, we've been saying that for some time now. Instead we have Dillion Gee (age 31) and his 4.15 ERA, 7.45 FIP and 1.769 WHIP apparently starting on Saturday. We have Big Sexy (age 87) still in the starting rotation. As a side note, why doesn't Seth interview Big Sexy and ask about things early in his career. Weren't both Cy Young and Tris Speaker teammates of his at one time?
  12. I thought Esco might be going elsewhere, too. However, Adrainza is having a career year at the plate and we don't know if we can count on him to hit well again next year. Almost no one expects Vielma to hit well in MLB. So if we traded Esco now and Dozier in the off-season we are suddenly in a MI crunch. Help is coming, but I don't believe it will be here early next year.
  13. Players brought up to the MLB roster in September have to be on the 40-man, do they not? (requesting a correction to this if anyone knows this to not be true) Why would we put Gordon on the 40-man a year before have to? If he plays great in AAA next year he can be added and brought up at that time. Someone on the 40-man who is under performing can be demoted then. And I don't believe that moving Polanco to 2B is a very comprehensive solution to anything. His struggles at the plate are not going to be fixed by changing the position he plays on the field, especially a position he hasn't played all year. I expect Dozier to play for the Twins next year. If he has a great season he may be moved if the Twins are not contending. Otherwise he will play out his contract and be a FA in 2019. By then Gordon should be ready and we'll have a better feel for what Palacious & Aarez may provide, along with a more clearly predictable timeline for them.
  14. Great lists Seth. Thanks for this thread. I would absolutely leave Diaz unprotected and add Thorpe to the 1st tier. He will only be 22 next year. Gotta believe he would get taken. I suspect he would do better for a team in the mop up roll than Haley did for us this year. I, too, would let the five pending FA that spycake identified walk (Belisle, Colon, Gee, Perkins, Santiago). I will also have a breakdown if they tender a contract to Gimenez. With Garver posting an OPS of >.850 in AAA they need to bring him up.
  15. It would be too easy to blame Cuzzi for the Twins loss. But when you call a ball a strike on a batter, especially 3rd strikes, that does take the bat out of his hands. And Cuzzi is probably better than West, Hernandez or Bucknor. That's pretty dismaying.
  16. I would guess the Nationals offer A.J. Cole and the Twins decline. His WHIP is too high and he has to be on the 40-man. I expect that many teams, like the Yankees did with Enns and Littell, will use a trade opportunity to clear 40-man space along with getting a player they want.
  17. I'm not sure I'd keep Rosario over Kepler, but I really like Rosario, Eddie has been improving this year while Max is posting stats this year that are a modest increase from last year. The chants to trade, or even DFA (yes, they've been posted here on TD), Rosario are difficult for me to understand. For some reason the improvements he makes don't seem to count. He's like the Mitch Garver of the MLB Twins.
  18. He has good numbers. More than that, it looks like he may be real. Here is an article about Littel in the Yankee system. The author is a fan, to say the least. Last line in the article: Armed with a pinpoint fastball that regularly sits between 91-94 mph, Littell is currently refining an at-times unhittable slider to go along with his changeup and curveball.
  19. Jonathan Rodriguez is 27 years old. He's not just hitting with a good OPS, he has a .316 BA. Why leave a 27 year old in AA ball when he is dominating like this? Is he just MiLB filler?
  20. With all due respect, bighat, Buxton came up at age 22 while posting a slash line of .283/.351/.489 (.840) in AA in 271 PA. Garver is posting .277/.382/.531 (.913) in 306 PA in AAA. He is 26 years old. I don't expect Garver to rescue the season, but his play this year has earned a call up. I think that's all people are asking for. I like Gimenez, but IMHO it's unlikely that after a couple hundred AB Garver's numbers in MLB will be less than the .196/.323/.366 (.689) that Chris is posting.
  21. He throws out a higher % of base runners trying to steal, but some of those passed balls have looked pretty tough. Still, I suspect the 'framing' skills that are attributes to Gimenez likely make him attractive defensively.
  22. Gimenez - .323 OBP, .689 OPS Nationals catchers: Wieters ..- .297 OBP, .678 OPS Lobaton. - .223 OBP, .550 OPS Hmm... You may have something here.
  23. Getting to the playoffs is an exciting thought, especially after what the last 6 years have given us. I think it's clear to most of us that the playoffs in 2017 would likely be a brief experience. If we weren't in the AL Central we wouldn't even be having this conversation. We have some things trending well. We need to try to improve everywhere (obviously pitching is the weakest link), but the are some very encouraging signs. If we sweep Oakland and Cleveland and KC both lose 3 games in that time I suppose that adjusts the target, but we just aren't going very far this year. I would be looking to the future unless something very inexpensive (Garcia) or very under priced (controllable SP) fell into our laps.
  24. Hector has to go through rehab. If they aren't overwhelmed by is pitching he may not see MLB again this year. I'd take the Santiago we started the year with. We could really use that guy.
×
×
  • Create New...