Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Oldgoat_MN

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,437
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Oldgoat_MN

  1. I get it's Machado, but he's hitting .221.
  2. Just to add to that, the Royals have the worst record in the American League. That's who we're beating up on. (which is still a step above last year)
  3. With Gonsalves likely not available this year and Romero posting a WHIP >1.5 in AA I don't really see much more help showing up soon. The only promising starters in AAA are Nik Turley (who just got there from AA) and Aaron Slegers whose stats this year are, um, not terrible. The sky is falling. We really need Gibson to pull it together. I wonder if he was able to get anything straightened out in AAA in his short stay. I suppose we'll find out real soon.
  4. In 2014 Thorpe had a fine season in low A ball. Now they're starting at A+? I like the aggressiveness. Really pulling for this young man.
  5. After that post I'm guessing it's a question posed by many.
  6. I have eaten at Minerva's. Good food. I heard the other place closed.
  7. I'm not referring to the ability to throw the ball 95+ MPH. I'm talking about ruining the arm in such a way that hard throws are not possible. This is not nearly as frequent as it was pre-TJS, but I believe it still happens. Radke had no business being on a pitchers mound his last few months. He was still pretty good, but he his arm was toast. I doubt very much that he could throw a ball from second base to home by December of that year (2006). Miguel Sano had TJS. If we draft a pitcher who later needs TJS that is a setback, but it does not mean he is lost to the team as an asset.
  8. Given the quote, I am pretty sure that was intentional. d-mac?
  9. It sounds like Greene is a really fine young man. A kid of some character, good make-up. Still, with a FB at the velocity he throws it, he should have more strikeouts. And I believe he would, if his FB had good movement. He has a lot of raw talent, but I'm not sold on him...
  10. Simply, there isn’t an easy #1 overall choice in the 2017. There isn’t a Stephen Strasburg, there there isn’t a Bryce Harper. Interestingly enough, coming into the 2017 season neither of those consensus #1 picks leads their draft class in WAR for their career. MLB drafts are a tricky business.
  11. One more comment on this Mike. If Wright blows out his arm he can play 1B. If Greene blows out his arm he cannot play SS. Or 3B or 2B. And the HS pitching he is facing is so much further from MLB than the pitching McKay is facing. It would definitely be an entire restart (low A at best) for Greene.
  12. Hawkins has relaxed. It's also nice to hear a pitcher who has some humility. I like him OK.
  13. Grossman's at bats aren't very exciting, but he gets on base a lot. I think that's a good thing.
  14. This turned from a Wright thread to a McKay thread pretty quickly.
  15. I agree that most casual fans don't know what the future holds. I mean, we don't even know what the future holds, and look how brilliant we are!
  16. I noticed that in his last outing he had no walks. His K rate is down, but his K/BB rate is up. Looking forward to this game!
  17. The evidence that something has changes is right there. He has fewer K/9 but his K/BB is higher. He walked no one in his last outing. Maybe that's what they are looking for. (I'm grasping at straws here) Pitch to contact?
  18. If Wade can keep hitting I sure hope they move him up mid-season. We really could use a backup OF should one of our guys get injured. He made the adjustments he needed to pretty quickly. Really glad Park is back in the lineup. Rather doubt we'll ever see him in a Twins uniform again, but I'm glad he is healthy.
  19. Buddy Boshers has a lower WHIP and a higher K/9 in his MLB career than Wilk. We already have the incredibly talented Justin Haley who must be great because Flavine picked him up in a Rule 5 ‘coup’. . I don’t understand how anyone can defend this move. If he comes in and is a great pitcher out of the bullpen, well that would be nice. There is no statistic anywhere that suggests that is likely to happen.
  20. Wilk to the pen. OK. Here again though, they show no interest in the players in this organization. We have Baxendale, Busenitz, Fernandez, Hildenberger and Rucinski all posting a lower WHIP in AAA than Wilk is. Businitz, Hildenberger and Rucinski are posting a better K/9 as well. So why are the guys being called up the ones Flavine pick up? It’s starting to occur that there is a huge ego problem with this FO.
  21. I don't want to write what I really think. It would get me a warning point. I'll just note that I think this occurs as almost childish.
  22. Question: Hector has been sitting for a long time now. He only has 70 pitches. Do you bring him back out?
×
×
  • Create New...