Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Oldgoat_MN

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,437
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Oldgoat_MN

  1. Congratulations Sconnie! Your first? Whatever, you have a great adventure ahead of you. I truly am smiling for you. Peace
  2. Heyward's BABIP also went from .329 in 2015 to .281 in 2016. Now, how much of that was in part due to the launch angle I have absolutely no idea.
  3. If your two day old great nephew could talk he'd probably ask you to stop pushing those charts, graphs and heat maps in from of him. Geez, you fans in Maine start with the analytics early, don't you?
  4. Arb eligible: 2019, Free Agent: 2023 Sign him to that today and you buy out two years of Free Agency. Would his agent go for that? Interesting idea, though.
  5. Ellis Burks – career slash line: .291/.363/.510 (.874) I would love that! Optimistic, but it is really fun to watch Kepler play ball. I always feel that something good could happen when he steps into the batters box.
  6. The thing I've enjoyed the most about Statcast is the way they track Buxton's unlikely catches. Love it. Oh yeah, the other stuff's cool, too.
  7. What is it that Gimenez throws? Is that a knuckle curve or something? It looks so slow that maybe I could hit it. Well, maybe could have hit it 40 years ago...
  8. Nick, Jeremy, Cody, Tom. Great articles all. This website rocks!
  9. Great article Willihammer. Interesting that Kyle Cody was drafted in the 2nd round, didn't sign, then the next year was drafted in the 6th round. Kyle Funkhouser was drafted in the 1st round, didn't sign, then the next year was drafted in the 4th round. Nicholas Shumpert was drafted in the 7th round, didn't sign, then the next year was drafted in the 28th round. Looks like some may have made an error in judgement. Was it the player, the team, both?
  10. Mark Appel, Stanford, 2013: 106.1 IP, 130 K, 23 W, BAA .203 My father & I have talked about Appel's issues as well. Puzzling.
  11. That's probably fair, though I would think his advice weighs heavily. Boras has a lot of clients. Each ballplayer only has one career. Mistakes, or 'losses', impact the player greatly.
  12. I said that I think he's best suited for elite players. Gambles with elite players pay off more often. More than one Boras client has declined a qualifying offer and waited until the following July or so to sign with a team. That has a cost.
  13. I, too, appreciate that an agent’s job is to get the best deal for his client. Kendrys Morales, Mark Teixeira, and ARod are some of the players who had Boras as an agent and switched. Boras gambles with players’ futures. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it costs his clients a lot of money. He has enough wins to sell himself to new clients, but unless you are an elite player, a guy like Boras may not be your wisest choice. I suppose having Mark Appel hold out for as much money as possible was wise, as he may never see the big leagues.
  14. This is so very interesting. You sit down with MacKenzie Gore and ask a hypothetical question, like, "Would you sign for $6 million?" Gore looks at his financial adviser (Scott Boras) and his adviser slides a piece of paper to Gore. Gore reads it and says, "I'll sign for slightly under slot. I want $7 million." Asking the same question of Wright, he says, "Sure!". Now Gore has probably hurt himself a bit, but it really hasn't hurt Boras. And I suspect that is really who Boras is most concerned about.
  15. Actually I don't see him as much of a dark horse anymore. I have not seen a recent mock draft that has him falling past the #4 selection (I'm not closely monitoring all of them, however). I would be fine if the Twins took him with the #1 pick.
  16. True, but of those only Hobgood was a pitcher. Not a bad track record for the pitchers who have won.
  17. I prefer Wright, but I also really like MacKenzie Gore. If somehow the Twins wind up getting Gore & Shane Baz I would be really impressed.
  18. Thank you Cody. In the MONDAY’S PROBABLE STARTERS it shows that Lewis Thorpe has a record of 0-2 with a 1.38 ERA. I had to look it up to see if that was a typo. No. To be even more ridiculous, he has a WHIP of 0.769, 11.1 K/9 and 4K/W. If he keeps pitching like this I'm guessing he'll be fine. Might even have a winning record before the end of the year.
  19. Curtiss is new to AA where he has pitched 17.2 innings this year. Outstanding innings! If the results continue to be what he has been getting I expect they will move him up soon.
  20. Historically Niko has hit pretty well. >.800 OPS in A+ and AA last year. It's been more of a roller-coaster this year, but hopefully we'll see him start hitting with more consistency. He could be a helpful utility player.
  21. I like Hughes to the pen. He is getting by on guile right now. He's the 'crafty veteran', getting outs by using his experience and a pretty good control of his off-speed pitches. He may do well in the bullpen. I don't understand why they don't leave Gibson in AAA. They kept Berrios down until he had more than proven he had no business in AAA. Send Gibson down and tell him he's not coming back until at least 6 of 9 first pitches are strikes. This working your way to a 3-2 count on every batter is killing him and the team.
  22. Polanco has popped out as many times in his first 2 at bats tonight as Votto has in the last 4 years.
  23. If the Twins go with a high school player not named Greene I suspect his name will be Gore. Lewis is great if he winds up being another Correa. If not, it is a lost opportunity to strengthen the pitching.
  24. Excellent description. Except that if he is likely to make between $3.7 and $4.8 million he would probably sign for $5 million. Um, I would,
  25. Looking at our position players in the minors: In our AAA affiliate, Mitch Garver has an OPS of .886 and no one else is even close. Matt Hague is second with a .758 OPS. No one on the team is hitting >=.300. In our AA affiliate, only Nick Gordon (.875) and LaMonte Wade (.863) have a higher OPS than the .751 OPS that Edgar Corcino is posting. Corcino has a BA of .307, Gordon .305 and Wade .299. Any other promising bats (high OPS) are in A+. We have a few there (English .841, Granite .955, Kennedy .902, Paul .885, Weil .849). Arraez and his .902 OPS are out for the season. Vielma just got to AAA so let's see how he does. Basically it appears that we are pretty weak in hitters above A+. Of course A+ is a long way from MLB, but at least some of them look encouraging.
×
×
  • Create New...