Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Oldgoat_MN

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,437
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Oldgoat_MN

  1. We sent Butera to the Dodgers and received Miguel Subaran in return. Sulbaran pitched for the NYY AA and AAA teams last year. He wasn't very good at it, though I don't know why we gave up on a 20 year old in A ball. Did we trade him?
  2. In 1991 Jack Morris pitched a 10 inning shutout in the World Series. It wasn't the first time a pitcher had pitched into extra innings in World Series. Long ago a very talented young pitcher named Babe Ruth pitched a complete 14 inning World Series game and won 2-1. Ruth (career 89-46 record to that point) was relieved of his pitching duties and moved to the outfield 4 years later (by some other team). It will be one or the other. Not both.
  3. I thought Thorpe had been abducted by aliens. This is good news. Thanks Seth.
  4. There is no way they draft McKay 1/1 as a position player. If they take him it will be as a pitcher.
  5. Dozier did roll his ankle but he stayed in the game. Yes, extra innings played into it. I'm guessing Molitor values Joe's 1B play highly.
  6. I was at the game and I was very annoyed that Kennys Vargas pinch hit for Dozier. I mean, yeah, Dozier isn't hitting, but he's at least a home run threat, right? I thought Molitor should have let Dozier bat and let Kennys pinch hit for Mauer. So much for my idea. It was great.Really a fun game.
  7. If Kranson can keep hitting he would certainly be one to push, as he's already 23 years old. Any word on what his defense looks like?
  8. It's all so damned depressing I'd almost do the stupid-ass wave for a distraction. You had me until the last line...
  9. Thanks for the feedback. Question: Doesn't Smith have a bunch of stolen bases? If he has speed then I would think his bat would profile well in a corner OF position. Thoughts?
  10. Dammit! I met you downtown and didn't know it was you!
  11. Me too, but only because they would never leave me in that long.
  12. I haven't heard anything, but here is the link.
  13. Lots of surprises in here. Pavin Smith at #2 Hunter Greene at #5 McKay at #7 Lewis at #13 I haven't seen any other mock drafts that had Greene, McKay or Lewis that low. Or Pavin that high. Care to share your thoughts on a few of these?
  14. Oldgoat_MN

    Flip Big Erv

    If we could get Szapucki or Dunn I'd say go for it. I think they will try to get by with Gsellman.
  15. Of 184 'qualified' batters in MLB this year Sano has the highest BABIP. Probably won't stay that way, but I still expect good things from him.
  16. I think you pretty much nailed it. I do not, however, think this is so bad. Vargas certainly has the power to make a team pay for walking Sano and Grossman still sports an unusually high OBP, making him at least an annoying presence for the opposition. Even Mike Trout gets pitched to. Hopefully Vargas can show us he belongs here. And I still have high hopes for Park.
  17. Many years ago the Twins pitchers got absolutely hammered in a Spring Training game. I believe it was Doug Corbett who said: "I'm getting good distance on my fastball".
  18. Tom, that was great. I think we're all much happier with the left side of the IF than we thought we'd be. Fun stat about Mauer & Polanco. If Mauer can get above that .254 BABIP he's sporting that would be very helpful.
  19. The guy on first is almost always waiting to make sure the guy from second broke. This usually gives you enough time to catch him at 2nd.
  20. As a former catcher I will just say that you're more likely to get the guy taking 2nd. I know, doesn't make sense.
  21. Fun Fact: Radke committed 7 errors in his 12 year career. Greg Maddux committed 7 errors in 1 season. They gave him a Gold Glove.
  22. Gotta ask, milldaddy35. Are you even at that game? Or watching it?
  23. I feel that Vargas should be playing 1B and Escobar should be DH. Polance should be hitting second in the order. Mauer doesn't hit LH pitching well anymore. If you want him to be at his best he should usually sit against LH pitching. That's called 'helping your players succeed'.
×
×
  • Create New...