Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Could It Be?

Community Leader
1 hour ago, shortround81 said:

Do the MN Twins have an "SI Jinx"? Buck was April's cover boy and injured his knee two weeks in. Now Correa's finger?? 

(Side note: My tongue is firmly planted in my cheek. There's a nice little feature on the new coaches)

Twins Magazine

Just to safe, we should place a moratorium on covers until more research can be conducted.

Verified Member
4 hours ago, shortround81 said:

Do the MN Twins have an "SI Jinx"? Buck was April's cover boy and injured his knee two weeks in. Now Correa's finger?? 

(Side note: My tongue is firmly planted in my cheek. There's a nice little feature on the new coaches)

Twins Magazine

Covers the rest of the year: Falvey, Levine, Dave St. Peter.

39 minutes ago, wsnydes said:

John McKay of the NFL's Buccaneers.  

That's an all-time quote there.

Subsequently quoted by Brian Kelly when he was at Notre Dame.  Because our society is stupid now, a not-small number of reporters decided what Coach Kelly meant is that he would like to kill his players in a ritual manner.

7 minutes ago, Cap'n Piranha said:

Subsequently quoted by Brian Kelly when he was at Notre Dame.  Because our society is stupid now, a not-small number of reporters decided what Coach Kelly meant is that he would like to kill his players in a ritual manner.

Frustrated Headache GIF by Kelly Clarkson

Verified Member
18 hours ago, wsnydes said:

They definitely wouldn't be 8-20 if they didn't take the field!  You may be onto something here!

That is true....they would be 0-28

Verified Member

Could it be (fill in the blank). I am afraid that the blank might be " that the Twins can't win unless the opponent scores 2 runs or less?"  Tonight's game now very interesting only in the sense that it seems that there are a bunch of bad/mediocre teams in MLB this year and they are finally playing one of the better ones other than the Dodgers who beat them twice. So far 0-3 against the better teams.

3 hours ago, Number3 said:

Could it be (fill in the blank). I am afraid that the blank might be " that the Twins can't win unless the opponent scores 2 runs or less?"  Tonight's game now very interesting only in the sense that it seems that there are a bunch of bad/mediocre teams in MLB this year and they are finally playing one of the better ones other than the Dodgers who beat them twice. So far 0-3 against the better teams.

It's rough to put last nights game (or maybe this series) on the team.....not many teams are going to score runs against Verlander when you're missing your top 3 hitters.  Just a rough patch right now with injuries/sickness.

Verified Member
54 minutes ago, cheeseheadgophfan said:

It's rough to put last nights game (or maybe this series) on the team.....not many teams are going to score runs against Verlander when you're missing your top 3 hitters.  Just a rough patch right now with injuries/sickness.

I hope you are right but it does appear that ,so far, there is separation between Yankees, Angels, Astros and the rest of the AL. If the Twins at least split the next 2 with Houston, they need to mop up for the rest of the May schedule.