• Create Account

Game Thread "Slowly I Turned..." Twins vs Astros 7:10pm cdt 6/11/2021 ad

Twins pitchers have no clue on how to put a hitter away.  First, they don't have overpowering stuff, Second, if they get the batter in the hole, the hitter knows he's not going to see another strike.  In fact the pitches are way out of the strike zone.  Lastly, in order to try and put the hitter away they have to throw a center -cut (Bremer favorite) pitch, which is juiced to the outfield wall for racquetball practice.

50 minutes ago, RickOShea said:

I can't believe Altuve has never been smashed in the head with a shovel.  He looks like sickly rodent.

Might be how he got that way 

At the moment, Ober is the 3rd best starter in our rotation. Yeah, he's been hittable, but he's getting the Ks today against a very good offense. Color me impressed!

Appears that perhaps Cruz, Sano and Donaldson are regaining their stroke? if so, imagine what the lineup would look like with Buxton in there for a game or two! time to bring him up...and for heaven's sake, play him. He was out for a month. Time to earn the paycheck....and see if he really can handle the grind, or not.

3 hours ago, sampleSizeOfOne said:

....*hush ye who point out Houston isn't actually on i35, or i'll have to put this intro on the IR, and call up another unripe prospect game thread intro...

Was listening to the game when younger son called me to catch a few minutes of "Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives" on the Food Network. They were at a barbecue spot in San Antonio that makes a sandwich with brisket burnt ends, mac and cheese, and a couple pear slices on a pretty good looking bun.

Thus, I propose taking a detour from Houston to St. Antonio, picking up I-35 there. 

image.png.b2b01e2fe4dd41db7afdd4a877198fd6.png

9 minutes ago, AceWrigley said:

Anybody else all not that impressed with Simmons defense?

I was really excited about Simmons’s arrival and loved the prospect of enjoying an elite defensive shortstop out there.  So yeah, it’s been a disappointment.  I still have some hope things will turn around before he’s gone. 

I can't watch games, but listen regularly. Sounds like Sano just made a nice play. The TD comments on him have focused on his offense, but how's his defense been?

From the games I did see last year, I sensed that he had potential to be a pretty solid first baseman, but was making some mistakes because of inexperience at the position. For example, he could range too far right on groundballs that he should have left for the 2B. Has he progressed in that regard? 

13 minutes ago, IndianaTwin said:

I can't watch games, but listen regularly. Sounds like Sano just made a nice play. The TD comments on him have focused on his offense, but how's his defense been?

From the games I did see last year, I sensed that he had potential to be a pretty solid first baseman, but was making some mistakes because of inexperience at the position. For example, he could range too far right on groundballs that he should have left for the 2B. Has he progressed in that regard? 

Sanó is pretty solid at first. He has a lot more arm than most first basemen. And did you know that, per Statcast, he has median sprint speed?

• Twins Daily Video