• Create Account

Game Thread Twins vs Evil Empire June 9, 2021 7:10 CDT In A Galaxy Way Too Close To Home

Just now, Cap'n Piranha said:

Pounding the zone with superior pitches is a subset of pitching to contact.  That is, all pitchers who PTZWSP are pitching to contact, but not all pitchers who pitch to contact can PTZWSP.

The point is that he's not nibbling.  And he's got the stuff to do it.  Unlike anyone in the Twins rotation.

Just now, wsnydes said:

The point is that he's not nibbling.  And he's got the stuff to do it.  Unlike anyone in the Twins rotation.

And my simple point is that you were enjoying a pitcher deliberately pitching to contact.  He absolutely is successful doing it because he has the stuff, but he's still pitching to contact.

4 minutes ago, Aggies7 said:

The white sox are 4th in ba, Baltimore 8th and the royals 11th…

And they're all above the Yankees in runs scored as well.  My bad, I must have misread something somewhere.

5 minutes ago, Cap'n Piranha said:

And my simple point is that you were enjoying a pitcher deliberately pitching to contact.  He absolutely is successful doing it because he has the stuff, but he's still pitching to contact.

Ok.  And that is something that I should be embarrassed about?  I was simply making a statement.  Forgive me.

Listening to the Yankees' broadcast, as I like John Sterling.  That said, it is sometimes hard to get through, because they have an in-game ad for basically everything.  No joke, they read about 3 ads during every half inning.

Just now, Cap'n Piranha said:

Listening to the Yankees' broadcast, as I like John Sterling.  That said, it is sometimes hard to get through, because they have an in-game ad for basically everything.  No joke, they read about 3 ads during every half inning.

Ew you like John sterling? He makes Paul Allen look neutral. All the Yankees announcers stink. They’ve been talking the entire game about cole’s spin rate 

1 minute ago, Aggies7 said:

Ew you like John sterling? He makes Paul Allen look neutral. All the Yankees announcers stink. They’ve been talking the entire game about cole’s spin rate 

Sounds like my wife. Got her a new Electrolux wash machine and she hasn't stopped talking about its spin rate since.

6 minutes ago, Aggies7 said:

I do!  He has a great voice, and I feel like the Yankees broadcast team actually talks a good bit about the opposing team/city.  Tonight they've already talked about Buxton, the Saints, how great Target Field is, and St Paul.  I like hearing viewpoints from opposing media, and if they're entertaining as well, I like it!

Just now, Dave The Dastardly said:

Pitching coach: What happened?

Dobnak: I threw the ball in there and he hit the Sh*t out of it!

PC: Try to avoid that.

Dobber: Good advice. You need a ride home after the game?

Pitching coach: What happened?

Dobnak: You and Rocco were dumb enough to think I could get these guys out.

• Twins Daily Video