Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

gman

Verified Member
  • Posts

    1,372
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by gman

  1. I would go with Dollander at 5. The Twins, as bad as they have looked this year hitting, have a greater need for top of rotation pitching. The college pitcher could be up in '25 probably 26. The high school bat is probably 4-5 years away. The Twins do have a few outfield bats rising in the system, while the top of rotation starters looks pretty thin. Hopefully there is an all star outfielder somewhere in the group. Dollander going at #5 on this list, #7 at Baseball America and #9 By Callis is not that much of a reach. Plus he started as the #1 on the early boards.
  2. I hope Kepler has attracted the attention of someone who might trade for him.
  3. I see that Martin is getting time in center field in his rehab. Hopefully that plays out and he recovers to hit as he did last fall in Arizona.Maybe we can see him in September if not sooner.
  4. The Twins don't seem to be very good at drafting and developing hitters. I am not saying the pitchers available are better players than the hitters, but maybe the team needs to go with their strength development wise. Take the best pitcher available.
  5. I'm hoping Raya is up in '25, along with Prielipp. From a health stand point, Raya may be ahead but he needs to get extended later this year or waiting until next? Cory Lewis is also in that rotation and could get here next year? Hidalgo could also be in the rotation but needs to find the strike zone more.
  6. If the Twins were heading to the World Series, I'd be OK with pinch hitting for him. As it is, its better for the future if he gets his ab's against all types of pitchers and all situations. Of the 17 hits the Twins got in the Atlanta series, Kirilloff got 25%.
  7. Nine games left until the allstar break. 6 against Baltimore and 3 against KC. What are the odds of them going 3-6? I don't expect any changes this week, but the last two weeks of July should be at least interesting. I'm betting the front office is hoping someone will give them a set of golf clubs for a couple of those players.
  8. The lineup shouldn't be based on the highest priced players in the middle. Mix everybody up in the other spots, but put the most expensive in the middle. Exception is Gallo, I think he's third most expensive. But I guess you can't have 5 guys batting 9th.
  9. Nine homers in a half season for a guy hitting over 300 on his way to 45-50 stolen bases. With the way this team has been hitting this year, are we really complaining about a guy who doesn't swing from his heals on every pitch. I applaud him.
  10. As long as the Twins preach swing from the heels, home run or nothing type of swings, why bother drafting good hitters with high draft picks. You can get the slugger only type, in the second or third rounds.
  11. I'd swap Kepler for Wallner or Larnach, then I'd swap Gallo for the other. Our hitting would improve.
  12. I expect the Twins to win 1 game at most. They barely made it out of Detroit, Atlanta is an entirely different kind of team.
  13. Hopefully the second half of the season will see more of the young players come up from 3A. Kirilloff & Lewis should see both righties and lefties, enough of this crapping around with pinch hitting for them.
  14. My response now is the same as Dec 2022. Don't want, don't need him, get rid of him as soon as possible. His accidental fast start is long gone and to late to trade him now.
  15. Can't argue too much with the rankings. What does the development list entail. Specialized coaching? If so, I would think every minor leaguer should spend time each month on the development list. Spend 4 hours a day in a game or 6-8 hours a day working on a weakness. For instance Miller has got shortstop down pretty good, but he needs to work a lot on his hitting. At over 190 lbs he should be able to do a lot more. If he is working with a hitting coach for 200 at bats a day 3-4 times a week, you would think he could make faster improvements then 3-4 a at bats 5 times a week. Granted he needs live game reps, but obviously he needs hitting work more.
  16. The benefit of Maeda might be to give Varland 3-4 starts in 3A to fix his homer pitch tendencies. Maeda might not be ready, or able to pitch at the major league level yet, but I don't think they have anybody in the minors right now who looks to be ready to step in. I hope they don't give anything up for a rental, that we can get from Maeda.
  17. If he has no more baseball career left after this year, he is not giving up this contract. Would you? Would anybody? He may have to go on the 4200 day injured list. Someday, after the Kansas City Royals have past us by, and you look into the bottom of your empty beer glass, you can say"Do you remember Buxton?"
  18. Unfortunately right now we have 2 boat anchors in the middle of the lineup. Maybe the real problem is the lineup is made more on how much someone is paid rather than what they are doing. Correa and Buxton are not going anywhere and no one would take them in a trade anyway. If they were playing healthy and hitting, we wouldn't be trading them to begin with. In the future (I hope) we may have better hitters available and we can move them down lower in the lineup. They'll be here until they retire.
  19. This Twins team isn't on the way to the World Series. Maybe in first place but haven't won more than they've lost and now it's looking like the starters are suffering the strain of having to pitch shutouts to get close to winning. I easily think of 6-7 players I'd prefer to dump or trade if I could find someone to trade for them. We keep on pushing off until next year the incorporation of young guys in the lineup and keep on finding ourselves in the same position. I expect there to be a lot of changes shortly after the allstar break.
  20. 1. I am glad that we have enough young talented prospects that the issue's of where to play them is worth arguing about. 2. I wish we had enough talented, healthy veterans that the issue's of where to play the prospects was a problem. The problems with our veterans seems to be where and when to move them. 3. Every year I hope we have issue's of too much talent trying to force their way unto the roster.
  21. I think long term Martin plays center field for the Twins. He has the speed and athleticism to play the position. He may not be as good as Buxton at his best, but if he can stay healthy he could easily see more time at the position. He's a good on base hitter with plenty of stolen base potential. See Martin and Julian as the top 2 hitters followed by Lewis, then Kirilloff batting forth could produce a lot of runs. Something desperately short of this year.
  22. I am stuck on trying to remember the great outfield rookies that came up that Kepler has been challenge to keep his job over. His position on your list is based on longevity and lack of system development, i.e. the Twins simply have had no one come up from the minors to run him off. More a statement of how bad they have been then how good he is.
  23. He probably wouldn't pitch any until Aug/Sept of 2024 at the earliest. We have 5 plus Maeda right now. Of the guys in the system who could we bring up when another injury appears. The 6-8 spots for starters look pretty weak right now. When Maeda is back, spot #6 is not so bad. But what if Maeda goes down again next month. They had set rotation plans for a fill in start every 3-4 weeks to give the regulars in the rotation a break, but that's fallen by the wayside. I think we may need to sign a pitcher who can start next year with the money we would be gambling on Mahle with. Otherwise if both Grey and Maeda leave, then we will just be short 2 starters for next year.
×
×
  • Create New...