gman
Verified Member-
Posts
1,372 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
News
Minnesota Twins Videos
2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking
2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
The Minnesota Twins Players Project
2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by gman
-
Its good seeing Raya, ERod, and Prielopp getting on the field. We are hoping on these players in the next few years.
- 15 replies
-
- marco raya
- christian macleod
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
The Clock is Ticking on the Twins' Roster
gman replied to Greggory Masterson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
The first question to answer, is sliding in under the tape at the end of the season enough, if only to lose all games in one playoff series? I personally don't think so. If they somehow hold off the Guardians and Sox, and win but 82 games , should we be thrilled. I don't think so. Again I think this a tryout for a future season. What can we get for Kepler, Gordon, Gray, Maeda, Farmer, Gallo, Polanco, Solano, Taylor & Garlic. A future number 2 or 3 starter? A future catcher and centerfielder? I'd start shopping now, soon the middle of June and make several trades by July 31. I don't think this team gets too far with what it has in any event., but it does have some tradeable pieces that might help us get over the hump next year .- 32 replies
-
- max kepler
- kenta maeda
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
With the Twins lack of hitting, and they show no signs of changing that dynamic, they will be fading by the all star break. More fading then they are doing now. I think they have enough talent on the roster, but not enough productive talent. I have been watching that lead over the Sox fade for a few weeks and the Twins just don't seem strong enough to turn the ship around. I think they Sox can easily run away (win by 2 games or more) the division. I agree I don't think are strong enough to win a playoff series even if they actually win a playoff game. But do they become sellers by the end of July?
-
T-Ball Tee Notches First Big League Victory Over Twins
gman commented on RandBalls Stu's article in Just For Fun
Can we sign a "Batting" tee? -
Should the Twins Try to Pull Off an Early Trade?
gman replied to Lou Hennessy's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
The problem with blaming the coaches, is the guys that can't hit, won't change and haven't changes for the last 3-4 hitting coaches they've played for. Gallo, has hit the same way for 3-4 teams, all with different coaches. He is what he is. Kepler has had 1 good year and a decent year in 8 seasons. He is not a hitter to count on. So don't. Other teams wouldn't. DFA him. Replace him for guys with minor league options. Buxton, if he is not playing center, shouldn't be in the lineup. Too hurt to play, then too hurt to play. Price shouldn't guarantee an everyday spot. The team can't cover him. Lastly and maybe leastly, this team just doesn't have enough GOOD hitters. We send down the guys with options, who hit like our veterans. Not we have mostly veterans who can't hit. Bench everyone who strikes out 3 times a week. Can we institute a 60 man roster? -
The Twins Hot Corner Is Settled for the Future
gman replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I expect Lewis to be part of the future. This year I think it would be good for him to only play third. Let him learn the position at the major league level. he has made some plays(or not made the plays) that I think he will make with more experience at third. Let him grow into it. He needs to develop as a major league hitter. With only 65 at bats in the majors and only about 220 at bats since 2019 he will need a lot of work. Hopefully he won't slip so far as to need another trip to 3A. Keep him out of the outfield. He may be really good there, but the wall is looming and I prefer to keep him healthy and in the lineup regularly. We have more guys coming in the next 2 years that can fill center, if Buxton can't. Moving him around the infield and outfield does not settle a position for him or the team.- 47 replies
-
- royce lewis
- carlos correa
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Christian Vázquez is Flashing Some Red Flags
gman replied to Cody Pirkl's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I was expecting that the contract would turn out for Vasquez to catch 60% this year, there be a 50/50 split next year and Jeffers catching 60% in 2025. If Vasquez is really making that much of a difference in the pitching staff, then perhaps he can help coach Jeffers up on the defensive end. Jeffers has thrown out 35% of attempted base stealers with only 2 errors so far this year. I always expected Jeffers to be a good hitting catcher and a better defensive catcher than given credit for. I wouldn't be too surprised to see him make the allstar team in the next couple of years. Though not this year. -
Should the Twins end the Buxton DH experiment? If you ask Chicago and Cleveland fans, the answer is no. If you ask Twins fans, the answer is yes. As a long time Twins fan, I would split the difference. Play him 3 times a week in the outfield. Will he get injured? Yes. I am not sure he isn't injured now. When you see him run hard and slide, he is anything but the graceful athlete he was just a couple of years ago. At 29 you wouldn't think he should have lost it already, but something clearly isn't right with him. Maybe his knee didn't heal right from off season surgery or maybe they found more damage then was spoken of. All speculation. But as a team trying to win a division and hopefully a championship, sometimes you have to do whats best in the long run. I think that's fewer but more complete games with Buxton hitting and fielding.
-
Twins Daily Hitter of the Month - May 2023
gman replied to Ted Schwerzler 's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Kudos to Kirilloff for showing how its done. I hope he wins in June also, but with more competition. Maybe from Lewis?- 25 replies
-
- willi castro
- ryan jeffers
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
It's Okay to be Impressed by the Twins
gman replied to Matt Braun's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
For the month of May Buxton 179/324/321 6 RBI bench him for awhile Gallo 179/319/360 9 RBI see above Correa 220/324/407 14 RBI he's the slugger in this group Kepler 130/216/348 6 RBI bench him Taylor 157/204/294 5 RBI see above Miranda 250/304/355 12 RBI For April - got sent down Larnach 231/343/385 17 RBI For April - got sent down 3 games into May Kirilloff 303/439/485 7 RBI For May - walked 7 times in past 3 games. Pitchers quit pitching to him and he isn't swinging crazy. In fairness Farmer has been pretty good 287/347/394 9 RBI for May.. If it were up to me I know who i'd have sent down and who would be hitting in the middle of the lineup. But with only a couple guys hitting, the others teams pitchers aren't going to give them anything to hit. Why would you?- 39 replies
-
- louis varland
- tyler mahle
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Twins Left-Handed "Depth" is Testing the Limits
gman replied to Cody Pirkl's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
They could leave Kepler on the bench as the 4th outfielder. I don't think he has ever been an average hitter for right field. To me in his 8 year career he has only been above average once. Which means he was below average the other 7 seasons. Right field has always been a spot for an excellent hitting, average fielding outfielder. Not a 202 hitting outfielder, who has only average less than 2 put outs per game for his career.- 76 replies
-
- matt wallner
- max kepler
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
What Will The Twins Do in Center Field?
gman replied to Cody Schoenmann's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
The Twins need to plan on having another player next year who can hit, field and hopefully stay healthy. I hope Martin gets back on the field soon and can be that player. Although again, that's a player with some health issues. Maybe ERod at the end of next year or 2025. Or as a reach maybe start playing Jose Salas in center some this year, although his 150 average doesn't look too promising. He does seem to have the speed to play out there. -
Prospect Outsiders Dominating Minnesota's Minor Leagues in 2023
gman replied to Matt Braun's topic in Twins Minor League Talk
I would add Ricardo Olivar, 21 yo Mighty Mussels catcher to your list of little known players. After his FCL stat line last year of 349/442/1047 he is at Ft Myers this year with decent numbers at 281/355/777. As primarily a catcher he is unusual in that he played across the outfield, including center. This is his third season in the system and he has only had 2 errors. However on the downside he has only thrown out 10 of 70 base runners. Don't know if that his drawback or if the pitchers at the lower levels don't hold runners on very well. He is also listed as the FCL Most Valuable award winner. I don't know if that was just for the Twins or the whole league last year.- 6 replies
-
- zebby matthews
- cory lewis
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Trusting the Numbers: Emilio Pagán vs. Griffin Jax
gman replied to Greggory Masterson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
The header on this column does say Jax vs Pagan. Not bullpen versus hitting. That would be a totally different argument. -
Trusting the Numbers: Emilio Pagán vs. Griffin Jax
gman replied to Greggory Masterson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Jax has had a rough month, Lopez a rough week. Pagan 3 rough years. He definitely has the yips when in a tight situation.The Twins can't afford to lose enough games to let Pagan work his way out of it. -
Willi Castro is Becoming Disturbingly Valuable
gman replied to Ted Wiedmann's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Hi -
Willi Castro is Becoming Disturbingly Valuable
gman replied to Ted Wiedmann's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Bad news. He had 2 homers and stolen base today. His OPS is up to 776. -
Its good to see ERod have a 2 hit game. Only his third multi hit game of the year so far. Looks like A+ has slowed him up. Hope he catches up in June.
- 10 replies
-
- marco raya
- rubel cespedes
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
It will come down to adjustments for him. Like everyone else that is failing this year. He will come in hot but soon enough the other team will make adjustments to Him. Then he will cool off. How fast can he adjust? Unfortunately everyone who is added to the team this year does not seem able to quickly counter the opposing teams adjustments.
- 27 replies
-
- royce lewis
- toby gardenhire
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Dolander was considered the top pitcher in the draft when this year began. His fastball is in the mid 90's with good control and a good slider and a plus changeup. His stock has fallen but I haven't seen any related injuries or reason listed. Baseball America has moved Noble Meyer up to the sixth spot in the draft. His fastball is rated in the mid 90's with lots of late movement and he has a plus slider. I would take either of these pitchers before I took another outfielder. The Twins need pitching and the closer to the pros the better. I think they have enough young hitting to get them by a few years.
-
I've been waiting for Maeda and Theilbar to get back and fill some spots . Maybe in the next 2-3 weeks? Sooner would be better. Henriquez looks like best bet at 3A. Unfortunately unless we start hitting, the bullpen is going to be wiped out long before the allstar break. Any game where a starter looks human and a reliever has a bump turns into an automatic loss.
- 22 replies
-
- ronny henriquez
- kody funderburk
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Reevaluating the Twins’ Long-Term Third Base Plan
gman replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Long term, that is past this year, I see the starting position player getting about 135 games at their given position. I see the regular starters in the infield next year as Correa, Lewis, Kirilloff and Lee. I could see Miranda being the backup at both third and first. Possibly getting some games in at left field and the rest of his time as DH. I think his hitting issue will be solved pretty quick and he'll be back by month end. As it stands other than Larnach, the Twins don't have a full time outfield next year. Wallner and Martin possibly being available and who knows about Buxtons status. So there will possibly be room for Miranda to get some time on left field.- 36 replies
-
- jose miranda
- carlos correa
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I think he is being groomed for the rotation He is still working his way through a "spring training" period. The last three games he pitched he has started. His most recent game he retired the first 9 batters he faced. His fastball was 96-97 with some 99's thrown in. I thought his best off speed pitched was his slow curve ball about 80-82. I wasn't impressed with his change up or slider command. He only walked one in his last start. I agree that him starting through July would be good. He does seemed to be overwhelmed by 3A this year.
- 14 replies
-
- jordan balazovic
- jorge alcala
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Rankings Update: 4 Twins Prospects Crack MLB's Top 100
gman commented on Matthew Taylor's article in Twins
I think a couple of these guys could be removed late in the year as they make the Twins 26 roster(Julien & Lewis). It would be nice to have a couple of pitchers work their way unto the lists.- 8 comments
-
- royce lewis
- brooks lee
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:

