Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Twins @ Reds 9/18/2023 5:40pm CT. Magic #5


Mortimerkenny21

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted
1 minute ago, Azviking101 said:

If you’re talking all teams sure, but the teams we’d play in the opening round all have great number 3’s

 

Jays- bassitt/kikuchi 

Mariners- Kirby

Rangers- Gray/Dunning

Jays and Mariners third guy is definitely better than ours right now. Rangers is a toss up but they also just lost Scherzer

Wont need a 3rd ,,  Twins r Gonna win the 1st 2,  LOL

Posted
4 minutes ago, mrtwinsfan said:

Wont need a 3rd ,,  Twins r Gonna win the 1st 2,  LOL

Would be very Minnesota like to sweep the opening series then go home for the offseason. ALWC parade gonna be dope 

Twins Daily Contributor
Posted

Ryan just hasn't looked very good 2nd half. ERA over 5.5, WHIP near 1.5.

I don't know who the 3rd starter is right now. I'd probably go Maeda. Ryan would be in the pen were I choosing.

Posted

Three straight games of topping out at 91 mph for Ryan. He simply can’t be the third starter in the playoffs. He’s battling to be active in the playoffs at this point 

cross your fingers for Ober and Maeda to build off their last starts 

Posted

Of course this is subject to change, but I would take Maeda as the third stater - I have more confidence in getting 5 decent innings from him than either Ryan or Ober. But heck, maybe Ober can surprise me in the next couple weeks. 

Posted

To get an idea how impactful Lewis' hrs are, one would think he has hit over 20.  He's got only 15, but they come at such opportune times, they seem so more impactful.  Good job, my man!

Twins Daily Contributor
Posted
1 minute ago, Mike Sixel said:

I'll change my mind.... But Maeda makes me nervous also. 

Yeah, past Gray and Lopez they all do, AFAIC.

Twins Daily Contributor
Posted
3 minutes ago, mrtwinsfan said:

Would Greg Maddox  walked him  ,  

Dunno, but I know this...Bob Gibson would have drilled him.

Posted
2 minutes ago, mrtwinsfan said:

Would Greg Maddox  walked him  ,  

Probably not, Nolan would have buzzed him and saved his arm, the extra pitches.

Posted
5 minutes ago, USAFChief said:

It's been done.

 

gaedel-the-one-and-only.jpg

Weren't you at that game, Chief?

Twins Daily Contributor
Posted
6 minutes ago, CRF said:

Weren't you at that game, Chief?

Well duh...that pic came from my phone. Back then cell phones only took B&W pics.

Posted
1 minute ago, RickOShea said:

That you can take to the bank, Chief.

I saw Gibson pitch several times in St Louis. he was the epitome of hard work, fear, and intimidation.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...