Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Twins @ Reds 9/18/2023 5:40pm CT. Magic #5


Mortimerkenny21

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted
1 minute ago, Mortimerkenny21 said:

Still in it, but we're going to need more than a couple solo shots.

Back in the only score on HR box like last game.

Posted

Twins still haven't solved their offensive deficiencies.  They live and die by the home run.  I guarantee you, teams that usually make the playoffs, don't give up a fistful of them.

Posted
Just now, Parfigliano said:

Got 2 more years of it!

Let's be fair to Mr V.  He's doing his best, hopefully.  He just lacks the necessary talent to shine at his position.  He's more of a matte finish.

Posted
1 minute ago, RickOShea said:

Twins still haven't solved their offensive deficiencies.  They live and die by the home run.  I guarantee you, teams that usually make the playoffs, don't give up a fistful of them.

Yes Sir,  spot on

Posted
2 minutes ago, RickOShea said:

Let's be fair to Mr V.  He's doing his best, hopefully.  He just lacks the necessary talent to shine at his position.  He's more of a matte finish.

He is still a good catcher but his batting skills have gone down the drain.

Posted
12 minutes ago, RickOShea said:

Twins still haven't solved their offensive deficiencies.  They live and die by the home run.  I guarantee you, teams that usually make the playoffs, don't give up a fistful of them.

As season started it ends.  Far to much HR or nothing.

Posted
1 minute ago, Parfigliano said:

Lewis just threw out a gazelle 

I think the five run lead is the only reason that was not challenged; replay looks like it was very close.

Twins Daily Contributor
Posted
2 minutes ago, RpR said:

I think the five run lead is the only reason that was not challenged; replay looks like it was very close.

Huh?

Clearly out.

Posted
1 hour ago, USAFChief said:

Yeah, past Gray and Lopez they all do, AFAIC.

Hence my belief they bring in another pitcher next year, but that's a topic for later ..

Twins Daily Contributor
Posted
1 minute ago, Mike Sixel said:

Hence my belief they bring in another pitcher next year, but that's a topic for later ..

I don't think there's any doubt they bring in at least one starter. I hope they make a legit effort at building a bullpen too.

Posted

The bad news, we essentially threw in the towel when we brought Keuchel in

The good news, he threw 58 pitches so we wont be seeing him again for a while.

Posted
1 minute ago, Parfigliano said:

Eddie  Bane referenxe from Dick.  Wasnt Eddie a 1st pick that...plopped in around 1984?

Eddie bane against David Clyde  that game was well Hyped

Posted
1 minute ago, Parfigliano said:

Eddie  Bane referenxe from Dick.  Wasnt Eddie a 1st pick that...plopped in around 1984?

You are old …..like me and like Bremer!

Eddie Bane was to be the next Bob Feller

Posted
Just now, mrtwinsfan said:

Eddie bane against David Clyde  that game was well Hyped

Clyde.  Wasnt he a  pick outta high school gonna be Nolan?  

Posted
1 minute ago, Tlaker said:

You are old …..like me and like Bremer!

Eddie Bane was to be the next Bob Feller

If I could give this 2 "ha ha" I would

Posted
14 minutes ago, USAFChief said:

I don't think there's any doubt they bring in at least one starter. I hope they make a legit effort at building a bullpen too.

The bullpen is not a priority.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...