Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread: Twins (Lopez) @ White Sox (Toussaint), 9/16/23 @ 6:40 CT


wsnydes

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted
1 hour ago, wsnydes said:

That's kinda my point.

I mean…Vaughn, Benintendi, Robert Jr., Moncada, Jimenez, Sheets….all 25-28. I don’t think they’ll be giving up on these guys…maybe Moncada. Playing Andrus does seem inexplicable.

Posted
1 minute ago, jkcarew said:

I mean…Vaughn, Benintendi, Robert Jr., Moncada, Jimenez, Sheets….all 25-28. I don’t think they’ll be giving up on these guys…maybe Moncada. Playing Andrus does seem inexplicable.

And…as I type…

Posted
Just now, jkcarew said:

I mean…Vaughn, Benintendi, Robert Jr., Moncada, Jimenez, Sheets….all 25-28. I don’t think they’ll be giving up on these guys…maybe Moncada. Playing Andrus does seem inexplicable.

At some point you would think at least the agents are yelling at these guys to get it together. Someone has the tell them they are effecting their future paychecks.

Posted
4 minutes ago, jkcarew said:

I mean…Vaughn, Benintendi, Robert Jr., Moncada, Jimenez, Sheets….all 25-28. I don’t think they’ll be giving up on these guys…maybe Moncada. Playing Andrus does seem inexplicable.

Agreed, but that doesn't mean that they can't cycle through some younger players too.  Those guys are established.

Posted
Just now, mrtwinsfan said:

I did take the over  at 9 runs ,  So lets go Twins

Plenty of time to cover that one!

Twins Daily Contributor
Posted
12 minutes ago, jkcarew said:

I mean…Vaughn, Benintendi, Robert Jr., Moncada, Jimenez, Sheets….all 25-28. I don’t think they’ll be giving up on these guys…maybe Moncada. Playing Andrus does seem inexplicable.

Pretty solid. There's some talent for the next GM to start from. Pitching has imploded though.

Posted
7 minutes ago, wsnydes said:

Agreed, but that doesn't mean that they can't cycle through some younger players too.  Those guys are established.

Used to be the practice that you played your best available players against teams in the race…those that haven’t clinched or been eliminated. IMO, that’s the right way to do it.

Posted
2 minutes ago, USAFChief said:

Pretty solid. There's some talent for the next GM to start from. Pitching has imploded though.

Those guy have already won a playoff game in their short careers 😉

Posted
1 minute ago, jkcarew said:

Used to be the practice that you played your best available players against teams in the race…those that haven’t clinched or been eliminated. IMO, that’s the right way to do it.

Yeah, that's true, and a fair point.

Posted
1 minute ago, rwilfong86 said:

Gonna be a short night for Pablo.

In some sense, I'm okay with that.  Could do without the getting shelled part of it though.

Posted
3 minutes ago, wsnydes said:

In some sense, I'm okay with that.  Could do without the getting shelled part of it though.

I'd rather Lopez get an awful start out of his system before the playoffs

Posted

There's no need to worry about our Twins. I guarantee you they will come back and win 10-2.

Posted

Pablo;'s back in rhythm. A mediocre but unfamiliar pitcher flummoxed the Twins through three innings. Just a matter of time.

Astros trail KC 3-0 on the first. This would make four losses in five for Houston against the A's and Royals this week, with the Orioles facing them for 3 beginning Monday. That first-round bye is no longer implausible.

Posted
7 minutes ago, USAFChief said:

So far this isn't improving my mood after that Gopher debacle.

PJ's sell-by date occurred at home vs Iowa last November. It will not get better.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...