Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread: Twins (Lopez) @ White Sox (Toussaint), 9/16/23 @ 6:40 CT


wsnydes

Recommended Posts

Posted
2 minutes ago, cHawk said:

There's no need to worry about our Twins. I guarantee you they will come back and win 10-2.

There's too much math involved in forming a rebuttal to this...

  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted
8 minutes ago, USAFChief said:

So far this isn't improving my mood after that Gopher debacle.

Just flip it over to the game @cHawkis watching.

Posted
Just now, wsnydes said:

There's too much math involved in forming a rebuttal to this...

Pablo Lopez just needs to pitch well enough the rest of the way to cause the White Sox to not only fail to gain more runs, but lose runs. That doesn't sound too difficult, correct?

Posted
Just now, cHawk said:

Pablo Lopez just needs to pitch well enough the rest of the way to cause the White Sox to not only fail to gain more runs, but lose runs. That doesn't sound too difficult, correct?

I think you've given me a surefire way of determining when I've had too much Scotch.  If this makes sense, I've had too much! 🙂

Posted
28 minutes ago, jkcarew said:

Pablo needs to string another 3 zeros up there. He’s had games before where he bounced back from terrible 1st innings. 

…or 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, IndianaTwin said:

Sox announcers say Rocco will miss tomorrow’s game…

Good news for any Twin that swings left-handed.

Twins Daily Contributor
Posted

Gee, wouldja look at that...when you PH in the 5th or 6th inning, you might actually be GIVING UP THE PLATOON ADVANTAGE as often or more often than you gain, and IT MIGHT BE IN AN ACTUAL IMPORTANT plate appearance.

 

 

Posted
2 minutes ago, USAFChief said:

Gee, wouldja look at that...when you PH in the 5th or 6th inning, you might actually be GIVING UP THE PLATOON ADVANTAGE as often or more often than you gain, and IT MIGHT BE IN AN ACTUAL IMPORTANT plate appearance.

 

 

It's truly hard to pull for the guy, honestly.

Posted
7 minutes ago, USAFChief said:

Gee, wouldja look at that...when you PH in the 5th or 6th inning, you might actually be GIVING UP THE PLATOON ADVANTAGE as often or more often than you gain, and IT MIGHT BE IN AN ACTUAL IMPORTANT plate appearance.

 

 

Rocco keeps touching the  stove top burner.  Its stupid.  Refuses to learn.

Twins Daily Contributor
Posted
7 minutes ago, jkcarew said:

It's truly hard to pull for the guy, honestly.

I always pull for the Twins, but I have recently decided Rocco is too much a net negative to continue on as manager. I believe he costs them games. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, TWTwinsFan said:

I'm sick of Vazquez and Rocco pinch hitting strategy 

Vasquez and his sub .600 OPS hitting anytime is bad strategy.

Twins Daily Contributor
Posted
Just now, Parfigliano said:

Vasquez and his sub .600 OPS hitting anytime is bad strategy.

Well Jeffers can't catch every game, so Vazquez is gonna get some play.

However, I don't understand why Vazquez has more PAs than Jeffers. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, USAFChief said:

Well Jeffers can't catch every game, so Vazquez is gonna get some play.

However, I don't understand why Vazquez has more PAs than Jeffers. 

Only Rocco would have a RH sub .600 OPS catcher having more PA's than an over .800 OPS RH catcher.

Posted
25 minutes ago, USAFChief said:

Well Jeffers can't catch every game, so Vazquez is gonna get some play.

However, I don't understand why Vazquez has more PAs than Jeffers. 

The challenge of a long season. Yes, Vazquez has 22 PAs more than Jeffers for the season. However, Vazquez had 37 more than Jeffers in April and May, so since the first of June, Jeffers has had more.

In August and September, the advantage is 107-83 in favor of Jeffers.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...