Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread: Twins @ White Sox 1:10pm cdt, 9/17/2020 ad

sampleSizeOfOne

Aphorism game thread.

In the aphore times, when ya couldn't look up the rules on the internet, and compare the bruteforce statistics of when it made sense to bunt, they had to come up with quick and clever ways of remindin' folk what to do. Here are a bunch of useful ones that will help us win...

Well now... It seems some Sox fan got into my game thread intro, and mixed a few dubious ones. Can you help me sift through and figure out what is what? Rosario sure would appreciate it.

Hit 'em where they ain't.

Red sky at dawn, the bunt must be on.

Red sky at night, play back and hold tight.

Chose wisely, for swinging at the correct pitch may give you immortality, a false pitch will take it from you.

Don't make the 3rd out at 3rd.

Only you can prevent jinx-fires.

Hit the cutoff.

nobody, not even the rain, has such small... chance of falling in our outfield.

Cover first on anything hit to the left.  Er... your left.

Swing, batter batter batter.

I'm not left handed either.

Quoth the umpire... nevermore.

Don't swing until ya see the whites of their eyes.

Never tell me the odds!

You remind me of the babe.

Bases are half-full.

I don't want a pickle.

Run on 3... 2... 1... Contact!

Don't cross the streams.

Don't throw a hanger on 0-2.

Spider always catches the infield fly.

Evil, pure and simple from the 8th dimension.

Coffee is for closers.

Helmets are for lollygaggers.

Pay no attention to the man behind the baggy.

Play Ball!

Twins:

0. Kenta Maeda (R ) P
1. Max Kepler ( L) RF
2. Josh Donaldson (R ) 3B
3. Jorge Polanco ( S ) SS
4. Nelson Cruz (R ) DH
5. Eddie Rosario ( L) LF
6. Miguel Sano (R ) 1B
7. Byron Buxton (R ) CF
8. Marwin Gonzalez ( S ) 2B
9. Ryan Jeffers (R ) C

White Sox:

0. Reynaldo Lopez (R ) P
1. Tim Anderson (R ) SS
2. Yasmani Grandal ( S ) C
3. Jose Abreu (R ) 1B
4. Eloy Jimenez (R ) LF
5. Edwin Encarnacion (R ) DH
6. Yoan Moncada ( S ) 3B
7. Luis Robert (R ) CF
8. Jarrod Dyson ( L) RF
9. Nick Madrigal (R ) 2B

Did i miss any?

Feel free to add your own...

This game essentially determines if the twins play the yankees in the first round. A win keeps us alive for the division which helps avoid being the 4/5 seed. A loss and it's probably over, 3 down with 8 to play

You can add in the tiebreaker, too. The White Sox earn the tiebreaker with a win today, so the Twins would have to gain four games in the final eight games, a tall order. 

You can add in the tiebreaker, too. The White Sox earn the tiebreaker with a win today, so the Twins would have to gain four games in the final eight games, a tall order. 

How is that. Tied at 5-5.... what is the next criteria that gives them the tiebreaker?

This game essentially determines if the twins play the yankees in the first round. A win keeps us alive for the division which helps avoid being the 4/5 seed. A loss and it's probably over, 3 down with 8 to play

Gotta beat the Yankees sometime! I think this is the year.

Buck has more HRs in 34 games this year than he did in 87 games last year. If he works on being more patient at the plate and drawing some more walks, I think he has a legitimate chance at being in the 30/30 club. He has the power and the speed.

White Sox vs. Twins--Without looking Anderson and Abreu have been great. Robert and Jiménez up and down. Engle, Madrigal and McCann pesky and Moncada, Grandal, Mazara and especially Encarnacion cold. To me, the two young outfielders have determined the outcomes of the games so far. Get them out and the Twins win the games.

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premiere Twins community on the internet.