Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Recommended Posts

Posted

No, I don't mean placing bets. I mean, at the beginning of the season, where did you honestly think the Twins were going to finish? I understand that a new season always brings new hopes. But realistically, did the Twins do better or worse than you thought they would do?  

Posted

I thought injuries and under-performance would bring the roster down like a house of cards, and offered a 61-101 prognostication, and instead they survived the amount of injuries I was roughly expecting and achieved 16 more wins than my scenario.  Guys like Clemens and Ober out-performed my expectations, while Taj Bradley and Luke Keaschall showed signs of reaching good, high ceilings.  And across the roster, Twins batters ended up with better than average hitting with RISP, which helped get the most out of the opportunities they had.

Posted

I predicted 76 wins but they didn’t get there as I anticipated. I thought the pitching would carry them and the lineup would struggle. Defense was about as I anticipated (not good). 

Posted

Here is what I had as a text chain with a buddy of mine...

AL East = Toronto

AL Central = Royals

AL West = Mariners

Wild Cards = Red Sox and Astros

NL East = Mets

NL Central = Brewers

NL West = Dodgers

Wild Cards = Cubs and Reds

WS = Dodgers over Mariners in 6

AL MVP = Vlad Jr.

NL MVP = Ohtani

AL Cy Young = Hunter Brown

NL Cy Young = Paul Skenes

AL ROY = Kevin Mcgonigle

NL ROY = Konnor Griffin

 

I had the Twins optimistically winning 83 games, and this was done just prior to opening day, so I had known that Pablo was out.

Makes me also glad that I don't gamble on sports :)

Posted

I had a 10 game variance of 75 wins as the bottom end and 85 wins at the top. And that was after the Pablo injury as I still liked the initial depth.

I had thought a .500 team the first few months, until the pen rounded in to form...couple signings, couple internal options, deadline trade or two...and then better after some of the younger talent started to spark the team a bit and help the team speed and defense.

The high of 85 wins was based a lot on Wallner and Lewis who I was convinced would both be high .700 OPS players at minimum. I just saw a Wallner rebound and a healthy Lewis taking another step. Boy was I wrong about that! 

Posted
On 10/5/2026 at 9:40 PM, Cory Engelhardt said:

Here is what I had as a text chain with a buddy of mine...

AL East = Toronto

 

Hi Cory. You are not alone. I know this isn't Toronto Blue Jays talk, but I was absolutely stunned by the collapse of the Jays this year. The Twins finished pretty much where I thought they would, but the Jays? Ouch.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...