Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

The Great Hambino

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,297
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by The Great Hambino

  1. I have a bad feeling about this game. Shough seems like he can stand in there and deliver the ball downfield in the face of pressure, which will potentially give them a better chance to beat the blitz enough times to put pressure on the Viking offense to produce more than a bushel of field goals. And I don't think the Vikings have what it takes to run all over them the way the Falcons just did. Then again, I've had a bad feeling about just about every Viking game since January 17, 1999
  2. Jose Ramirez is locked all the way in
  3. I went from "hey, eff you!!" to "dammit, you're absolutely right" during the course of this post
  4. It will be so fun having Opening Day taking place before March Madness Selection Sunday For real though, I'm guessing MLB players in the Olympics will be a one-off to take advantage of them taking place in LA. I don't think they're sending their best players to a tournament in friggin Brisbane in the middle of the season in 2032. Or potentially to Qatar or India (supposed early frontrunners) in 2036
  5. I'm also a proponent of 4 divisions of 8 teams once expansion happens, but I know that's about as likely as there being a CBA agreement with no lockout Re: shortening the season, did anyone do the math on this? AAA currently has a 150 game season with a standardized off day each week, and their season is only a week shorter than the current MLB schedule. Add 4 games (with perhaps an additional off day) to that, plus another 2 days for the divisional round, plus more off days in the playoffs to avoid day games ... when exactly do they plan on starting or ending this thing? They're either overselling the additional off days part, or the season is going to stretch the bounds on the beginning and end of the season even further
  6. I predicted 69 wins, but another deadline sell-off was baked into that projection What did you expect? He's getting paid for past production, not future production
  7. I'm sure he did his own research. And by that, I mean he certainly reviewed a wide breadth of primary source materials and peer-reviewed studies to reach a sound objective conclusion supported by facts that holds up to scrutiny. There's no way he just surfed YouTube videos until he found something that told him what he wanted to hear. No one who "does their own research" would ever do that
  8. I'd prefer seeding by record instead of automatically making the #3 division winner the #3 seed (maybe with the caveat that the #2 division winner is automatically the #2 seed), but I actually would prefer this to the current system. In the AL, the top three records were all on the same side of the bracket. I hate that.
  9. One thing I noticed from the updated MLB Pipeline rankings linked in the article: Of the top 11 Twins prospects, only one (Quick) is a pitcher. Their next two highest ranked pitchers are in rookie ball (Wachsmann and Renfrow). They have a decent pool of young depth from recent graduates, but they should probably be proactive about this gap in the pipeline as they reshuffle the major league roster around this new potential core. This could become a pretty expensive problem in a few years if not addressed soon
  10. Ah yes, they clearly benefited from a run being taken off the board based on the call on the field
  11. I love how they handled this review. Double with the runner scoring is the most logical result since it clearly wasn't going over the fence but he also clearly wasn't going to catch it. Common sense has a place in rules/replay enforcement after all
  12. I think it was the logo as much as/more than the name They never shoulda switched from the Spiders anyway
  13. The Twins weren't wrong, they were just four years early
  14. Interesting - that's two prominent in-season trades that I can think of so far (Joey Porter Jr) where the highest-value pick being moved is for 2028, not 2027. Two points don't make a trend, but could this be an indication that teams just aren't willing to move capital in what's supposed to be a stacked draft next year? I wonder if that will have any ramifications for teams looking to move up and down the draft board during next year's draft (read: you might be disappointed if your plans involve moving up). Or maybe I just need to get back to work
  15. In a world where the Twins are one starter away from being World Series favorites and a massive teardown is looming after the season, perhaps. In any other world, including the one we're currently living in, it's a hard pass for me. I wouldn't want to give up Emma or Quick for one year of control of just about anyone. Definitely not both of them
  16. There's also a better than .000 chance that you aren't able to find a trade partner for them, leaving you on the hook for their salary. For each player that gets tendered, they have to ask themselves if they'd be willing to eat the cost to cut them or carry them throughout the year if it came down to it. For guys like Nance on the lower end of the spectrum, that's an easy answer. There's little to no pain in cutting him if you have to, so there's no reason not to tender them unless you have a 40 man crunch and they're the next ones to go to create room. But for someone on the higher end, like Ober, you have to give some consideration to whether you're willing to be on the hook for his number. No one's going to give up anything for him if he's not wanted at that number. I dunno, maybe you can create a trade market if you're willing to eat some salary. But there can be a downside to tendering players that needs to at least be considered
  17. I don't know if this needs to be pinned to the top of every single thread where the floor of $171MM is referenced, but that is an inflated figure because it uses MLB's version of payroll used for competitive balance calculation purposes (luxury tax, etc). This includes things like player benefits, contributions to the pre-arb balance pool, and other adjustments. By this calculation, the Twins' 2026 payroll was $137MM, not $116MM (according to Cot's Contracts). So when people start talking like they have to spend to this hypothetical and far-from-official floor, the amount of spend to reach it is potentially much less than it appears Cot's currently projects the Twins' current 2027 competitive balance payroll to be over $141MM. This assumes everyone is brought back at their projected arbitration figure, so it in reality is probably lower. But I'd seriously recommend pumping the brakes on the idea that a floor is going to trigger some $50MM+ spending spree this offseason
  18. This feels like a Glen Mason Gopher team that would start 4-0 and then feel lucky to get into the MicronPC.com Bowl
  19. Herbert's a Jet next year. Calling it now
  20. How or why would that have given any of the players additional confidence? They know exactly what he's doing there, and that it is the correct move, because they are professionals. Very strong disagree.
  21. Hockenson had the Dolphins +10
  22. Based on the totality of what I'm seeing, I'm fine putting it on Murray
  23. Burning a timeout because you can't get the team lined up properly coming off a dead ball ...
×
×
  • Create New...