Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Brandon

Verified Member
  • Posts

    4,586
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brandon

  1. I think the off-season moves will depend on the outcome of the next CBA. If it's done quickly with the requirement of a higher floor payroll then expect hood moves. If it drags into the season with minimal changes I expect we will go with the same roster. This is definitely going to be an interesting off-season. Our biggest need is 1B where we have 10 internal options but nothing too exciting and we have an army now of floor relievers and could use a few with a higher ceiling. So the pen is halfway there and again they could stand pat there too. We do have extra starting pitching to trade (Ober and maybe Mathews). Obviously not trade both.... Internal 1B candidates include: Sabato Wallner Mendez Gonzalez Roden Tait at some point Clemens Keaschall Lewis I feel like I'm forgetting someone.....
  2. And we can't forget the contributions of Rojas and Roden as both had an overall positive contribution small but still good.
  3. It's not that the Twins were better than expected but more that the league was so bad that the Twins actually had a chance and went for it.
  4. Does anyone know the front office heirarchy? Who all works in the front office and what do they do? Are these guys who are leaving being replaced? I am way too underquoted to evaluate all these front office moves. All I can say is I've heard of these guys before.
  5. It's about fielding the best team. I don't care if it's on budget if they are good. In 2027 let's look at the roster and see. Rotation where money will be spent. 1. Lopez is 20 million. 2. Ryan will be 13-15 million 3. Bradley will cost less 5-6 million? 4. Kremer 7 million? 5. Matthews/ Preliepp 800k Bullpen : 1. Gomez 1 million? 2. Morris 800k 3. Banda 2 million 4 Hoffman 7 million, 5. Adams 800K 6. Funderburk 800k 7. Adams 800k. 8. Sands 1,200k or Rojas, Raya and others in the mix as well. Do the Twins find a way to resign Jeffers? That is the real question. That is where the increase in spending goes. Clemens, Keaschall, Culpepper, Houston, Lee, Jenkins, E Rod, Martin, are all near league minimum. Caritini and Jackson will be an 8 million cost C tandem maybe 9 million. Buxton is 15 million, If we keep Lewis he won't be more than 5 million, Kreidler will be around 2 million to be a backup. If they keep Bell it's 10 million maybe they trade for a 1B or reliever or resign Minter but I don't see where big money needs to be spent next year outside of maybe a QO for Jeffers or a long term deals for him which I don't see.
  6. The Buxton injury killed our post season hopes. The trades for these pitchers gave us extra time with hope. My grades for the trades. Minter was an A. Billy Amick is not going to be a starter here. He could be a bench player or platoon bat maybe. He is a 3 outcome hitter. Agbayani is only interesting because of his father and more so for the Mets. We got a top notch lefty reliever. He gave us best possible outcome. I hope he liked it here and we resign him for the pen next year. Nance is a A-. We gave up a 21 year old A Ball C at Fort Myers. We have plenty of A ball C now. Nance would be an A or A+ but he had some moments that didn't go his way. Kremer surprised and pitched way better than expected. He is either a trade candidate or back of rotation arm for next season. Either way it's a good value for an 18 year old prospect with a high upside. He seems on track for the majors at some point. But good starting pitching is hard to find. B+/ A- Hoffman trade is a bear to grade. He pitched great and we have him for next season with 4 million of his 11 million salary paid by Toronto. However, Dasan's control was vastly improved with Toronto If he makes it up and becomes a star, what a deal for Toronto. I am not sure where to grade this one. On one hand a A- for the creativity and he is back with us next year for .65 cents on the dollar.. On another, Toronto had Dasan was pitching closer to what we were hoping for which makes this trade an incomplete. Since The odds of Dasan becoming a top of rotation arm are still pretty low, I think a B-/C+ is in order until we have more certainty how good Dasan will be.
  7. See Chili Davis. He was ßigned for 1991. On the cheap after an injury in Anaheim the year before.
  8. If they keep Lewis then no. If they don't keep Lewis for next season I am fine bringing him back. I do not expect him to be as good. But this is an 8.75 million decision for the Twins. And I doubt Bell would opt out. I think he likes it here and will not likely do much better on the open market. Unless he thinks he can get a 2 year guarantee. I put the odds of a return at just over 50%.
  9. I think we either sign a 1B or throw all of them in and see who sticks. We currently have Sanato, Wallner, Keaschall, Lewis, Clemens, Mendez, Gabriel Gonzales, Larnarch (I'm sure he is gone after the season but potential option now). That's 9 options and we can add Tiat at some point as well. On the plus side, Cartini shouldn't be an option to play 1B ever again for the Twins.
  10. How poor is this author and can he step up to write a better title for his articles. This comment comes from why are you framing and calling the Twins core poor? Wouldn't it make more literary sense to have a neutral title and ask a ? And write the article talking the pros and cons of the core and let the audience decide Or do you think we are not smart enough to figure out for themselves Or is the goal clickbate?
  11. Don't forget Culpepper. He has a 96 mph fastball and has pitched well at AAA as a reliever this year. He should be protected And I think Raya deserves more chances to make the bullpen.
  12. I think with 4 OF who can start next year we should rotate several players in and out of DH throughout the season. I think Buxton should DH a little more but not much. He hits better when he is out on the field. 40-50 games at DH max and 80-100 games in either CF or RF. He should get time in bot CF and RF.
  13. If Buxton wants to finish his career here, he will likely be the 4th OF in terms of games.played. probably 10-20 in CF and 60 in RF and 40 DH. For his age 35 and 36 seasons. I would only offer a 2 year contract at the end of this one. I would have agreed with you on your contract proposal before this hip injury. I think this is his second hip injury. He will likely retire young. He might play at 37 and 38 and we can resign him again. But for his 35 and 36 year old seasons I would sign him to a 10 million base and have incentives at 85 and 120 games played to get to 15 and 20 million and 5 million more with a top 10 MVP vote. Buxton and the Twins can negotiate the details but Buxton should be signed as a 4th OF / DH. CF has almost always been a strong position for the Twins since I started following them at age 12.... Conveniently 1987. We had Puckett, Hunter, Span, Buxton and now coming Jenkins.... Also pointing out his one or two decent seasons of Rich Becker and Otis Nixon in the late 1990's
  14. Maybe he fixes the Twins offense and they average 9 runs a game as they win the rest of their games and sqeek into the playoffs off of Rodriguez.500 OBP and 6 HRs. It could happen. I'm glad he is finally getting his chance. I do hope he sticks and hits well here. And doesn't get hurt in 2027 as he battles Jenkins for rookie of the year honors.
  15. Hey it appears that I was right. He was called up yesterday after the Twins lost again and are likely waiving the surrender flag and playing the future now.
  16. I agree. I doubt revenue sharing would go up enough to make that work. The 50/50 only makes sense at a revenue point. Ia 100 million payroll with 100 million for stadium, draft, scouting, and operations can make sense but why would a 200 million payroll need 200 million for the same expenses. Wouldn't the expenses be similar for all teams. Around 100 million for example?
  17. If there is a floor of 170 million, the revenue sharing will go up to help teams be able to reach that. That is the point of the floor and ceiling is league parity including spreading the revenue around the league. The players will want to hit 50-55% of revenue for salaries and that is what they are doing here. 170 million times 32 teams is over 5 billion in payroll minimum in a 10 billion per season revenue.
  18. The Twins are 2nd in the League in Runs Scored. They are also 2nd in the league in most runs given up. I don't 🤔 think offense was the problem this season. I hope you can take a closer look at the overall team.
  19. Zoll can move some to 1B or DH next year. I doubt Larnarch is back next year. This year he was fine.
  20. The Twins are 2nd in the AL in runs scored this season and they have three players in the top 20 in RBI. Bell is tied for 5th in the league in RBIs, Lee is tied for 15th and Clemens is 19th in RBI. Not bad for less than .9 million in costs. Also Clemens leads the league in triples.
  21. I would give Lewis another shot at 1B. Not because he is so deserving of it but because he does have potential and we have a Mendez and Gonzales in AAA and Clemens can take over if needed too. And the sleeper option is Wallner moving to 1B for another shot if Lewis gets injured or slumps again.
  22. Bell is 5th in the league in RBI and Larnarch has had a good season. I can't complain about those two on the roster. ERod just needed more time to break back in and get in a rhythm after a long layoff from injury. He should be up before the end of the season. Be patient.
  23. ERod is getting everyday AB in AAA right now after a long layoff from injury. I think he will get.called.up after the AAA season ends or after the Twins are eliminated from post season contention. He won't get too many opportunities but some and next season he will start in the OF as well. He will get his chance. How could the Twins not want to give a guy with a .400 OBP a chance.
×
×
  • Create New...