Brandon
Verified Member-
Posts
4,587 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
News
Minnesota Twins Videos
2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking
2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
The Minnesota Twins Players Project
2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by Brandon
-
Envisioning the 2027 Twins Starting Lineup
Brandon replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I agree about Keaschall defense however, if Bell is a clubhouse leader and I hear he likes it there and he knocked in 95 RBI this year, It's kinda a no brainer to keep him on an 8.75 million decision. Keaschall could DH some and so can Buxton. But Bell will be in the field some of those days. That doesn't help the D either.- 165 replies
-
- luke keaschall
- walker jenkins
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Envisioning the 2027 Twins Starting Lineup
Brandon replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I suspect Clemens will go from 2b to a super sub role. If Lewis doesn't get over .750 OPS he could get minimized with Clemens getting more time at 1B when Houston takes over SS and Culpepper and Lee are the teams 2B and 3B. Lewis can come into next season with us because we have several contingency options. This is why I still see the Twins keeping Bell next season. OF has Rodriguez, Jenkins, Buxton, and Keaschall with 3 players with regular injury histories. Gabriel Gonzales is in AAA and Mendez could push Clemens there instead of 1B if we need more help there. I have Bell getting most of the DH AB with some 1B even though he shouldn't get much time there. Gabriel Gonzales could also get time at 1B as well. I am hoping the Twins offer Jeffers a QO and he takes it. We are primed to compete and a good hitting C makes a big upgrade for the team.- 165 replies
-
- luke keaschall
- walker jenkins
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Envisioning the 2027 Twins Starting Lineup
Brandon replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
The good news is the Twin's have options. With Bell getting over 90 RBI this year he is a candidate to be kept next year for 10 million. (8.75 million decision with buyout). Either way, Jenkins can slide over to CF for Buxton, Keaschall can play more RF, and same when Rodriguez gets hurt. This more open DH bats. When Marek is ready to come up, Culpepper goes to 2B and Clemens slides to 1B or super utility depending on Lewis. Good news is we have enough movable parts to be able to set up contingencies and contingencies for the contingencies.- 165 replies
-
- luke keaschall
- walker jenkins
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
In the previous rankings no one was ranked 4 but two prospects were ranked 5th 🤔 Also Rojas still has rookie status. I forget the exact innings 45 or 50 innings and for hitters 130 AB or PA. We should have the same standards here to be legit.
- 29 replies
-
- yasser mercedes
- enrique jimenez
- (and 3 more)
-
I was going to write something about keeping Bell next season. He is on pace for 98 RBIs. His OPS is the exact same as last season. He is not a great hitter but he is driving in runs channeling his inner Chili Davis. Spoiler alert, we resigned him too. He is a great value with the RBI, a statement that doesn't show he is great hitter by any means but a stat that matters. He knocks in 95 RBIs and 10 million option pickup is a no brainer
-
Walker Jenkins is Making Jeremy Zoll's Job More Difficult, and Zoll is Likely Quite Thrilled
Brandon commented on Seth Stohs's blog entry in Seth Stohs' Blog
I would hold him back. If the there is a long strike or lockout that lasts most or all of the year, we will be glad he is ready to play at AAA. If you think 120 AB and Jenkins is the difference of making the playoffs or not then call him up. Though I feel like Wallner should get this one since he is already on the roster. If we had no other options, it would be an easier decision to make the call. I wouldn't give Roden too much more rope as he is only hitting with runners on base.- 16 comments
-
- walker jenkins
- matt wallner
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Kody Clemens’s Career Year Has Hit a Major Roadblock
Brandon replied to Sam Caulder's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
If Clemens OPS is higher then .750, I am fine with him being one of the starting 9. I don't want a sub .700 as a starter. -
Time To Make Some Big Changes and Audition Guys for The Rest Of 2026 After Today's Debacle
Brandon commented on LA Vikes Fan's blog entry in LA Vikes Fan
We are still a half game out of the Wild card race as of this morning. The pickups are doing great, when Buxton gets back on track the rest of the offense will be on track. We are still in the race and we just got a veteran starter I see in the minors. So we have more depth and we are going through a stretch of playing top teams. The quality of competition should drop and we will win more games soon. I just want to see us get into the playoffs and if we can get to the round before the World Series,, I will be content. World Series even better. Anything can happen in the playoffs. -
If the Twins decide to move Preliepp to the pen to finish up the season, This will end up being a useful signing. If we need a starter to replace Ryan for a while, he will be a useful signing. If we decide to add him to the pen, he will be a useful signing. And if he does all three above scenarios, he will be a useful signing. There is more upside for the team and 0 down side since he is in the minors. If you don't like this signing, I question your rooting for the team.
-
If Lee hits .250-.275 with 25-30 2Bs and 20 HRs he will be the type of hitter the Twins keep around. See Cuddyer, Jacques Jones, Hunter, Hrbeck, Gaetti, Bruno, I'm sure there are more, Lawton, Dozeir has too much power here, Koskie maybe. The Twins like an inexpensive deep lineup with 1 or 2 all-star type hitters. Lee fits the profile of a low cost high floor guy.
-
Yoendrys Gómez Can’t Keep Getting Away With This
Brandon replied to Matthew Taylor's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
How was Gomez pitching before July first? Maybe he can pitch like that again!- 30 replies
-
- yoendrys gomez
- jeff hoffman
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
The Varland trade ,I think was about moving a high variance pitcher, who seemed to be walking a tightrope as a 99 mph straight fastball reliever. A little slower and he gets bombed pretty regularly compared to the potential of Rojas. Rojas still looks really good. I am not knocking the trade as much as lamenting losing a well liked player.
- 45 replies
-
- trade deadline
- taj bradley
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Oops. I thought he was a lefty that threw 94. Oh well. He is still destined for the pen.
- 45 replies
-
- trade deadline
- taj bradley
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I think Tait will either be a future 1B or part of a valuable trade for us in the future. Next season he should be ready for AA. Gallagher will be another lefty in the pen, I'm pretty high on Rojas. I think he could be a #2 or 3 starter. The thing with Varland and Duran is it seems like they are higher risk pitchers in that their effectiveness looks to drop quickly as their heat deteriorates. But they would be nice to have on this year's staff. I think the Twins did a good job overall at the deadline. I pretty much agree with your grades as well I still don't understand the Brock Stewart trade and I feel like the Twins could have saved a few more million on the salary dump of Correa. But getting a #1 and potentially 2#3 starters is really a good return for a bullpen
- 45 replies
-
- trade deadline
- taj bradley
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I think Rojas is a good pitcher and will be valuable. Not as much as Varland but not too far off either. The Jax trade was a great one. I think you are a little hard on Tait. He is improving and will be pushed soon.granted I would rather have Brock, Varland, and Duran.
- 45 replies
-
- trade deadline
- taj bradley
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Does Austin Martin Belong On This Roster?
Brandon replied to Ricky Ray Ingraham's topic in Minnesota Twins Talk
At some point the OF will be Keaschall,in LF, Buxton/ Jenkins in CF and Jenkins/ ERod in RF if there is an open spot Martin could keep it cause he plays 2B too and maybe 3B. Versitility and a hit skill like OBP is valuable off the bench. A .350 + OBP plus versatility will keep him up with the team. -
Does Austin Martin Belong On This Roster?
Brandon replied to Ricky Ray Ingraham's topic in Minnesota Twins Talk
I can't. I think he is the back up for next year. They would have traded him at the deadline for something useful if he was out the door. -
I thought it would be fun to start a thread to track the pitchers we acquired at the deadline. We got Nance, Kremer, Minter, and Hoffman. So far they have combined to give up 5 earned runs in 20 innings pitched a 2.25 ERA with 18 strikeouts. So far they are doing their part to help us win. Let's see how they do and post your notes on their performance as we go.
-
Tom Pohlad Commits to Higher Twins Payroll in 2027
Brandon replied to Cody Christie's topic in Minnesota Twins Talk
Yes this was a hypothetical. I assumed that was understood. I think if the Twins go to the World Series or deep in the playoffs they could raise some ticket prices next year. Especially among the higher priced seats where no one will care if the Twins are winning. The budget minded fans will not see their prices change IMO. Again this is all a hypothetical also if the Twins are more entertaining and fans start.getting behind them. Attendance will go up. If it's on track for 1.7 million then maybe 1.8-1.9 million is possible -
Tom Pohlad Commits to Higher Twins Payroll in 2027
Brandon replied to Cody Christie's topic in Minnesota Twins Talk
Here is why the payroll can go up next season. 1. The Twins paid off or down 400 million in debt. That is a 20-30 million in annual savings. 2. If the Twins are winning they can raise ticket prices next season probably 0-25 depending on location of the seat. Say it's an average of 5-10 per seat times 2 million fans is an extra 10-20 million. 3. Plus if the increased fan base draws an extra 200,000 fans that spends an extra 75-100 each per game is an extra 15-20 million in revenue. That's an extra 45-70 million to the bottom line. Say they are willing to go to 135 million and have an extra 10 million for next trade deadline (it's a hedge in case the Twins lose and loses fan interest cause they then don't add and also subtract) or if they are winning the add more payroll looking even better and draw more fans because we like Tom better. I didn't even include any playoff windfall. If we get 3-7 home games in the playoffs I am sure there will be money going to the Pohlads. With that said, next year Larnarch is likely out, Bell is a maybe. I could actually see the Twins keeping him another season if he knocks in over 90 RBI. Jeffers gets a QO and probably stays a season so the QO is gone afterwards. He may still test the market to get a good deal pending the lockout..... If we keep Jeffers we trade Cartini to help offset some of the cost. Ober will be a variable this off-season of will he stay or go. I can't answer that now but I bet he is traded. I think we keep Banda if he is liked by everyone. Rogers is likely gone but another low cost contract is possible. There won't be too many needs on next season's team this off-season I think. Reliever, bench, maybe a DH or IF. Only arbitration raises. -
Question of the week: Grade the trade deadline
Brandon replied to Brock Beauchamp's topic in Minnesota Twins Talk
I gave them a B as well. I think the Twins had lots of opportunities to go after a mid rotation starter like Mize, Soriano, Detmer, Holmes, and a few others. They should have traded for one of them over the starter they got. But They hit perfectly on relievers and on price. trading Dasan Hill is the only potential painful player traded.

