Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread: Twins (Keuchel) v Rays (Bradley), 9/13/23 @ 12:10 CT


wsnydes

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted
5 minutes ago, SwainZag said:

I just don't see how a competing team let's a player of Polanco's caliber walk when he has a decent option to be picked up.  He's too valuable when healthy to let go IMO.

When healthy is a pretty key piece of that.  Since his All-Star 2019 season, he's only played more than 104 games once.

He's not a liability, but I think there are players waiting that can be not a liability.  I'm not going to be bent out of shape if they pick up the option, but I'd rather they move on at this point.

Twins Daily Contributor
Posted
1 minute ago, wsnydes said:

When healthy is a pretty key piece of that.  Since his All-Star 2019 season, he's only played more than 104 games once.

He's not a liability, but I think there are players waiting that can be not a liability.  I'm not going to be bent out of shape if they pick up the option, but I'd rather they move on at this point.

Concur.

They have internal options.

Posted
1 minute ago, USAFChief said:

There were 2 strikes. Not a hit and run.

Starting the runner trying to avoid GIDP.

Julien gotta do more on 3-0 and 3-1    with those hitable pitches, 

Posted
2 minutes ago, wsnydes said:

When healthy is a pretty key piece of that.  Since his All-Star 2019 season, he's only played more than 104 games once.

He's not a liability, but I think there are players waiting that can be not a liability.  I'm not going to be bent out of shape if they pick up the option, but I'd rather they move on at this point.

Why not pick up the option and then trade if Lee is pounding the door down.

Posted
1 minute ago, IaBeanCounter said:

Why not pick up the option and then trade if Lee is pounding the door down.

Because Lewis and/or Julien are also in that conversation.  They're already pounding the door down.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Aggies7 said:

Can’t hide all those average bullpen arms 🤷🏼

Can't really expect any bullpen to throw 5 scoreless against one of the best offenses in baseball either. 

Posted

damn you Jax...a veritable meatball. he has definitely replaced Pagan as the pitcher you love to hate. One out to get and he blows it. (O's throwing things at their TV's and devices)

Just so disappointing

Twins Daily Contributor
Posted
1 minute ago, SwainZag said:

Can't really expect any bullpen to throw 5 scoreless against one of the best offenses in baseball either. 

I can expect a reliever not to throw that pitch.

Posted
2 minutes ago, SwainZag said:

Can't really expect any bullpen to throw 5 scoreless against one of the best offenses in baseball either. 

Seriously, bullpen had a good day today. Keuchel was the issue. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, SwainZag said:

Can't really expect any bullpen to throw 5 scoreless against one of the best offenses in baseball either. 

Nope. Would love to know the twins record when the starter goes 5 or less

Posted
Just now, John Kelsey said:

Seriously, bullpen had a good day today. Keuchel was the issue. 

If Kepler makes that catch, DK on gives up one run.  In both todays and Mondays game the defense let the starter down.

Posted
Just now, Aggies7 said:

Nope. Would love to know the twins record when the starter goes 5 or less

Likewise.  Though, I'm afraid of what that research would turn up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...