• Create Account

Game Thread Twins vs Angels 6:10pm cdt 7/24/2021 ad

An ancient text was unearthed in southern Minnesota. Roughly translated, it reads as follows.

The first 4 parts were smudged, and bits and pieces about the existance of Rally Monkeys for every game, and being infinitely extendable, wasn't coherent enough to translate, but the 5th part was largely intact.

5. That, if a straight line falling on two straight lines make the interior Angels on the same side less than two right Angels, the two straight lines, if produced indefinitely, meet on that side on which the Angels are less than two right Angels.

And this last bit was found in the margins, added by a later scribe...

Angels

0. Patrick Sandoval (L) P
1. David Fletcher (R) 2B
2. Shohei Ohtani (L) DH
3. Justin Upton (R) LF
4. Jared Walsh (L) 1B
5. Jose Iglesias (R) SS
6. Brandon Marsh (L) CF
7. Max Stassi (R) C
8. Adam Eaton (L) RF
9. Jack Mayfield (R) 3B

Twins

0. Jose Berrios (R) P
1. Jorge Polanco (S) 2B
2. Brent Rooker (R) DH
3. Max Kepler (L) RF
4. Josh Donaldson (R) 3B
5. Miguel Sano (R) 1B
6. Ryan Jeffers (R) C
7. Trevor Larnach (L) LF
8. Gilberto Celestino (R) CF
9. Andrelton Simmons (R) SS

What can it mean?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dave The Dastardly said:

Gonna have to put that ancient text in the museum alongside the Kensington Runestone.

Might be difficult. I think it got stolen by rally monkeys, and strange caps with rims bent at odd angels are all they left behind...

Edited by sampleSizeOfOne
didn't finish my thought...

Celestino losing the ball in the sun.

This is a consequence of Target Field being sub-optimal in its layout. The line from home plate to straight away center field is almost exactly due east. That means that during late afternoon and early evening games center fielders and right fielders will have challenging reads on fly balls. It would have been better from a baseball standpoint if home plate had been where the left field corner is. But the powers that be wanted it laid out as it is for other (not bad) reasons. That's one of the very few reasons that Target Field is not the best ballpark in the majors. But being in the top five is excellent.

20 minutes ago, Nine of twelve said:

BTW, enjoying Glen and LaTroy talking pitching.

When are they going to start that?

Listening to Hawkins is brutal, Perkins is a close second.  I heard Kaat doing the Red Sox/Yankees game.

2 minutes ago, bighat said:

Thing is, they have the talent to be so much better.

They're not awful players, they play awful baseball.

That's one of the knocks against Baldelli.  He may not be getting the best out of his players. Why?

On the other hand we may be skewed about the talent level of those players who we want to see better.

6 minutes ago, RickOShea said:

That's one of the knocks against Baldelli.  He may not be getting the best out of his players. Why?

On the other hand we may be skewed about the talent level of those players who we want to see better.

Agree on Baldelli, I was an early defender of his but frankly he's done a horrendous job this year. Horrendous.

As for talented players, I don't think our views are skewed on guys like Polanco, Buxton, Cruz, Arraez, Donaldson, Berrios, and Rogers. Those are very good MLB players, without question.

4 minutes ago, bighat said:

Agree on Baldelli, I was an early defender of his but frankly he's done a horrendous job this year. Horrendous.

As for talented players, I don't think our views are skewed on guys like Polanco, Buxton, Cruz, Arraez, Donaldson, Berrios, and Rogers. Those are very good MLB players, without question.

I agree with the players you mentioned.  I was focusing more on the pitching.

Featured Video