Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

POTUS Donald Trump

• Please log in to reply
2177 replies to this topic

#1 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:13 PM

Met with Al Gore today about climate change. Interesting considering he called it a hoax by China. There might be hope he was playing people all along.
  • mikecgrimes likes this
Do or do not. There is no try.

#2 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:20 PM

A publicity stunt?  Not sure what affect Gore's conversation would have given how Trump's making his cabinet.  I don't think he's picked the head of EPA yet, but that choice should give us more insight into the force of Trump's belief in climate change.

• TheLeviathan likes this

#3 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 13,240 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:39 PM

It doesn't hurt to listen.  It might just be a farce, but it's better than outright contempt right?

#4 DaveW

DaveW

Aaron Hicks update (5/17): .326 BA .464 OBP .616 SLG 1.080 OPS

• Members
  • 12,364 posts
  • LocationNYC aka Aaron Hicks Ville

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:44 PM

I think one of Trumps biggest flaws is he wants to be loved by everyone.

The good part is that he is keeping an open mind in some areas. Climate change is an actual very serious issue that will impact us for decades to come, so I'm glad he is taking this somewhat seriously at lest.

Aaron Hicks 2017 stats so far (5/17/17): .326 BA .464 OBP .616 SLG 1.080 OPS  7 HR 19 RBI 6 SB 22 BBs 1.8WAR

#5 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:02 PM

Climate change is one of my biggest issues with the gop platform right now. Al Gore sounded almost giddy after the meeting.
  • ChiTownTwinsFan and Craig Arko like this
Do or do not. There is no try.

#6 mikecgrimes

mikecgrimes

• Members
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:25 AM

I sure hope Trump does something impeachable before Democrats realize they don't want to impeach him.

• ashburyjohn likes this

#7 Craig Arko

Craig Arko

Strange, new, worlds

• Members
  • 7,287 posts
  • LocationEnceladus

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:30 AM

I sure hope Trump does something impeachable before Democrats realize they don't want to impeach him.

Indeed, impeach him and you get Pence. Not exactly trading up.

• kab21 likes this

45: In the end, he can see only one.

#8 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 21,043 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:37 AM

It astounds me he keeps going on Twitter....I just, I don't know.

I don't know, it is a site to discuss sports, not airline safety.....maybe we should take it less seriously?

#9 DaveW

DaveW

Aaron Hicks update (5/17): .326 BA .464 OBP .616 SLG 1.080 OPS

• Members
  • 12,364 posts
  • LocationNYC aka Aaron Hicks Ville

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:46 AM

Why the **** is he doing a "victory" tour anyways? It's ridiculous, the guy needs to be getting ready to be POTUS, not holding more expensive and pointless rallies. 

Aaron Hicks 2017 stats so far (5/17/17): .326 BA .464 OBP .616 SLG 1.080 OPS  7 HR 19 RBI 6 SB 22 BBs 1.8WAR

#10 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• Twins Mods
  • 10,106 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:06 AM

Unexpected meetings with Gore and Romney? Please, this is just some kind of casting set up for a general election loser reality show. McCain, Dole, Dukakis and Kerry are likely lined up next. Clinton might be a hard sell, that one's probably still a bit too fresh.

#11 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• Twins Mods
  • 10,106 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:10 AM

Why the **** is he doing a "victory" tour anyways? It's ridiculous, the guy needs to be getting ready to be POTUS, not holding more expensive and pointless rallies. 

The more time he wastes, the less time he'll have to deport useful members of our society and let BP turn the EPA into the O(il)PA.

#12 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:44 PM

Well Trump's Carrier deal is vastly popular, though it really only saves 730 jobs.

#13 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 21,043 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:55 PM

That poll was taken the day it was announced, a day that no one mentioned the subsidies, or that many jobs were still moving.....but, hey, if most republicans don't actually believe in free trade....I'm not surprised, frankly.

• PseudoSABR likes this

I don't know, it is a site to discuss sports, not airline safety.....maybe we should take it less seriously?

#14 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 4,206 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:06 PM

The frustrating thing about the Carrier deal isn't that over half the jobs are still lost (it's baffling at the positive press this is getting) but rather that it is a special deal given to a particular company for the reason of getting positive press. This crony capitalism is ironic given that he has railed so hard on politicians, lobbyists and their entanglements of special deals. 

• Mike Sixel, PseudoSABR, TheLeviathan and 1 other like this

Is 2016 2017 the year that a good pitching prospect is truly blocked by 5 good pitchers in the starting rotation? 

Looks like we will have to wait another year until a good pitching prospect is actually blocked.

#15 USAFChief

USAFChief

ɹǝɯoפ

• Twins Mods
  • 17,022 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:29 PM

Had Obama announced the Carrier deal, Republicans coast to coast would have crucified him for it.
  • PseudoSABR, kab21, TheLeviathan and 1 other like this

I am not the paranoid you're looking for.

#16 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 13,240 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:58 PM

Had Obama announced the Carrier deal, Republicans coast to coast would have crucified him for it.

In fairness, Obama could cure cancer and the Republicans would crucify him for it.

• nicksaviking and kab21 like this

#17 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• Twins Mods
  • 10,106 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:42 PM

Well Republicans are ripping Trump too, this one surprisingly:

http://www.cnbc.com/...capitalism.html

#18 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die.

• Members
  • 4,435 posts
  • LocationKerguelen Island

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:24 PM

Indeed, impeach him and you get Pence. Not exactly trading up.

Based on his history on this site. I think that is what he wants.

Edited by Bark's Lounge, 06 December 2016 - 09:39 PM.

• mikecgrimes likes this

Major League Baseball is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

#19 LaBombo

LaBombo

"Your pitching has died of dysentery."

• Members
  • 6,457 posts
  • Location...in a galaxy far, far away...

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:24 PM

In fairness, Obama could cure cancer and the Republicans would crucify him for it.

Also in fairness, the Kochs could give $100 million to a cancer research hospital and Democrats would protest them.

And did.

Fwiw, the ability of elected Democrats to offer meaningful criticism, let alone effective opposition, to Trump initiatives like the Carrier deal will continue to be diminished as long as effort and credibility is squandered on recounts and secession respectively.

Edited by LaBombo, 06 December 2016 - 09:45 PM.

• gil4, TheLeviathan and Hosken Bombo Disco like this

#20 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 13,240 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:41 PM

Also in fairness, the Kochs could give $100 million to a cancer research hospital and Democrats would protest them.

And did.

Can't miss a chance to bash the other side!  No one looks past the surface any way.

• LaBombo likes this