Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

gman

Verified Member
  • Posts

    1,372
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by gman

  1. Jeffers was a rookie in 2021 as he had only 55 at bats in 2020. He never played at the triple A season before this year when he made a total of 103 plate appearances. It was worth noting that Jeffers started 77 games at catcher for the Twins this year, more than Garver has started in any season at any level. Hopefully in 2022 he won't suffer a sophomore slump. This may be why he is rated higher than Garver.
  2. I am not a White Sox fan (that's putting it mildly), but they are not a bad team. I think they are just inexperienced in playoff baseball. Unfortunately that's probably why the Twins will have to be a lot better than they are to reclaim the Division Title.
  3. Lets get realistic, I don't see the Twins competing for any playoffs in 2022. They probably have a tough time finishing third in the division. If we look forward to 23&24 we can make better deals and plans for the team. With that in mind, trading Garver is the best choice, as he will be 31 at the start of next year. We know that the Twins will have to build a good staff from within or through the acquisition of high caliber pitching prospects. Thats the only way they could win any playoff games the next time the opportunity arrives. We've tried in recent years to sign high priced free agents pitchers and it didn't happen.
  4. I think I would try to throw in Donaldson and his. salary in the deal somehow. The Twins could use that $25mil per year on better pitching on the market if someone would sign here.
  5. People seem to forget that Jeffers is also a rookie this year. He only started 18 games as a major league catcher in 2020. In 2019 he caught 17 games at AA ball and 57 games at Adv A. His total time in AAA was the 13 games he was sent down for this year. He was pushed through the system pretty fast. I think the future catching duo for the Twins is Jeffers and Rortvedt. Garver is a good hitting catcher with power and is probably one of the most tradable players the Twins have. He is also 6 years older than both Jeffers and Rortvedt. There would be risk in trading Garver but there is always risk in trades. There is also not room for all 3 on the major league roster.
  6. I would hate to lose Garver, but he is probably one of the best trade commodities on the team. He is a good hitting catcher with power and a decent defender. He can also fill in at first or DH. Since it doesn't really look like the Twins are going to be able to compete for a playoff position next year they may be able to swap him for some top pitching prospects. A team that trades for him would also have 3 years of team control. From the Twins side they having 2 good catching prospects in Jeffers and Rortvedt that are both 6 years younger than Garver. The risk of course is they may never hit as well as Garver. Garver will be 31 next year with an injury history that has so far prevented him from catching more than 70-75 games a year at any level.
  7. Since Arreaz was injured over a month ago I would let him sit on the bench the last 10 games and let Maggi rotate around the infield. Or maybe better bring Miranda in to play some.
  8. I didn't know this was a compare Sano to Kepler article. I did say Sano had the ABILITY to hit 40. You probably missed that part.
  9. Thanks. I'd given up on him setting any kind of record let alone a major league historical kind. I will take a 6/7 place hitter with 40 homers and 100 rbi's if we can get it, nobody else on the team has that kind of ability. I'm not going to say he just needs to (fill in the blank). He knows it, he just has to do it more.
  10. I would like to see him go. Maybe to the Yankees. They always seem to be in the market for over priced former super stars. Maybe they have a good fielding short stop prospect we can get in return.
  11. I would like to see Duran get his feet wet at the major league level this year and be key part of the rotation next year. Whether that is a solid number 4 or better for his first full year. It would be great to see Duran and Balazovic fill 2 spots in that 5 man rotation in 2021.
  12. Just my opinion. Since both Rodgers and Garver were drafted as 4 year college seniors that made them older to start their professional careers. Obviously there is a certain amount of training and learning going on with college ball. Still that 4 year age difference places them at an older "bloom" stage. I would be more apt to agree with the late bloom label if they were drafted as 18 year old high school seniors and "made it" as 28-29 year olds. In Mays case he was injured for 1 1/2 years. Hardly unusual for pitchers these days. Still it places him that much older to the point when he is considered to have succeeded.. Maybe we could set some ground rules to determine what makes a player a late bloomer.
  13. Would you say that Kepler bloomed? He came up a year before Garver and the same year as Rodgers. I'm not sure that at this same time last year that I would say Kepler has bloomed. Or is this considered an overall age thing versus a time spent in the majors?
  14. Do we suppose that Sano knew about moving to first base when he signed that extension?
  15. I think the Twins should sign the best free agent defensive shortstop available. Someone who could come in the 7th inning or later. Slide Polanco over to second and Arraez to the bench. With their lineup, opportunities should arise to really nail down wins with a stronger defense and good bullpen.
  16. Rocco proved to be a cautious manager last year in regards to resting players to keep them fresh and free as possible from nagging injuries. With Gonzalez as our super sub, as well as Adrianza et al we have a pretty strong bench. This strong a lineup also gives any rookie who could be knocking on the door an opportunity to get his feet wet without pressing to be "the star".
  17. How long til spring training starts? Might set another record for runs scored and homers.
  18. Lets have a spring battle for first base and 4th outfielder. We have seemingly 4 good prospects to try at these 2 positions, who may be better than anyone we can sign or trade for. Our own rookies aren't always the worst options. The same with the 4th & 5th starter position.
  19. I like seeing Arraez bat leadoff. Which would probably only be 1 time per game. However, every other time he comes up he would bat after Buxton, assuming Buxton bats 9th.He would probably give Buxton the best opportunity to steal bases. After Buxton steals second, or gets another double, an Arraez single scores him and it wouldn't matter how far the hit goes.
  20. I thought the same thing about comparing him to Wheeler the previous 3 years. Also, Wheeler has a history of arm problems. I am not saying Glausman is better but I could see him fitting him at #4.
  21. Let Rooker and Raley fight it out in the spring. Someone has to bat 8th.
  22. The thought that we have Kiriloff, Rooker, etal possibly coming makes this similar to the Schoop position last year. Arbitration is a 1 year signing.
  23. I think you offer Cron.arbitration. He could wind up being this years Jonathan Schoop. If someone comes in and beats him out of the position, great.
  24. Some of the numbers will depend on lineup construction. If Buxton bats 9th and Arraez bats first, then (#2) Buxton could easily get into that 50+ steal category also based on 130 games played. Arraez has the patience and skill at the plate to get Buxton more steal opportunities, whereas Kepler swung at a lot of first pitches. On the other hand anyone batting behind Buxton will probably get more first pitch fastballs, which Kepler could do more damage on but Arraez will probably still get more extra base hits thus impacting (#4). Anyway I look at this potential lineup that(#1) projection looks mighty soft.
  25. When considering a Wheeler contract, I think you must compare with what you expect(hope) to sign Berrios for. To me Berrios has been better and healthier than Wheeler. Right now I would put Wheeler as a second to Berrios. I don't think Wheeler is bad number 2 option in your rotation but I would focused more on what he's done than what we hope he might do.
×
×
  • Create New...