gman
Verified Member-
Posts
1,372 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
News
Minnesota Twins Videos
2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking
2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
The Minnesota Twins Players Project
2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by gman
-
After 58 years of Twins history, you'd think there would be at least 1 player that really jumped out at you. There were some very good individual seasons in there but no really great careers. Hopefully some of the players in the current system will change the dialogue.
-
The best First Baseman in Twins history
gman commented on mikelink45's blog entry in mikelink45's Blog
I think if you put together an alltime Twins team, Killebrew plays firstbase and bats 4th. For all the maybes and could'ves, Killebrew actually did it. -
Article: Projecting the 2022 Lineup
gman replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
C - Rortvedt/Jeffers 1B - Rooker 2B - Miranda 3B - Lewis SS - Javier LF - Rosario CF - Buxton RF - Kirilloff DH - Sano -
Article: Report: Twins, Kepler Finalizing Extension
gman replied to Seth Stohs's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I find it interesting that the first players the Twins locked up to team friendly contracts both have a number of highly rated prospects coming up to their positions in the next 2-3 years. Maybe sooner. -
Thinking back to 2015 we had a few top prospects that got yanked from double A and slammed into he daily lineup. Most of these guys unfortunately we are still waiting on. Having them learn at the big league level hasn't worked out too well. For the Twins sake (and mine as a fan) I hope we don't drag the next crop out of the field too early. I would prefer to see a ready to go Kiriloff in 2020 then watch him come up in 2019 and flounder for 2-3 years. The same applies to others.
- 41 replies
-
- alex kirilloff
- vladimir guerrero jr
- (and 3 more)
-
Work ethic, control, hard slider + 100mph. Sounds like a good start. I would much prefer to see the Twins add a potentially "very good starter to the rotation every year then turn pitchers with great stuff automatically into relievers.It is easier and less costly to find decent to good relievers, then very good starters.
-
Article: Starter Or Reliever, That Is The Romero Question
gman replied to Seth Stohs's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Since the first 4 spots in the rotation are pretty well locked down, barring a spring training trade, send Romero to AAA. Let him work on an offspeed pitch and curveball.Why would anyone convert a top starter prospect to the pen at age 23? The team has invested a lot in player development the last 2 years and added quite a bit in the off season to the system coaching staff. Let them develop the players with the best stuff. For the Twins future what does it matter if he doesn't become a full time starter until he's 24?- 53 replies
-
- fernando romero
- johan santana
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Article: Twins Daily 2019 Top Prospects: #6 Brent Rooker
gman replied to Tom Froemming's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
A nice thing about the state of the Twins roster is that they don't have to rush guys through the minors to the big league team unlike 4-5 years ago. The roster has gotten stronger and I hope they will challenge for the division, but I don't feel they will win it. It would be nice to see guys like Rooker,Lewis, Kirilloff, Romero and others get some meaningful playing time late this year as the Twins "roar" to the finish line. -
Article: There’s Hope for a Martin Perez Bounce Back
gman replied to Andrew Thares's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Reminds me of Tommy Milone. Hopefully if his first 20 starts are good we will trade him. -
I look back at the past 30 years of failed player development by the Twins and would be surprised if there weren't many more individuals that the previous system failed. I think Stewart only voiced some things we have all wondered about. We constantly look at players on the current major league roster and ask why they seem to be so poorly prepared for success at the big league level. I too am hoping that the current ownership team can implement a successful minor league development program and constantly give us well prepared ball players once they reach the bigs.
-
I was wondering myself about Pineda as a potential closer. Still if he could come close to his "potential" as a starter if would make for a stronger rotation.
-
Article: Keys to 2019: Buxton’s Emergence
gman replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
It may cost a run here and there but i'd prefer that Buxton didn't charge headfirst into the wall so often. Maybe if he isn't playing injured or missing starts, he could find his hitting groove.- 42 replies
-
- byron buxton
- aaron hicks
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I hope that Baldelli and Johnson have a much better game plan on handling the pitchers this year then we've seen the past few. Hildi proved capable of handling key spots when he wasn't worn out. It might help to let a few more starters work their way out of problems instead of going to the bullpen automatically in the 3rd inning.
-
Article: Projecting the 2022 Lineup
gman replied to Cody Christie's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
As far as fun projections go, I'm thinking that '22 could be a year the Twins are pushing for a World Series appearance. With that in mind, I'm thinking Garver and Austin are the two players probably not in this daily lineup. I would add Rortvedt as the starter (as much for his defense) with Garver as backup. I also like Baddoo in the oufield batting leadoff with Rooker and Lanarch splitting 1B/DH. As this point I would hate to give up Rosario, so I could see mixing him in as a 4th outfielder/DH in some fashion. -
Article: Prospect Spotlight Series: Royce Lewis
gman replied to Tom Froemming's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Yes his technique needs refinement, but with a system wide emphasis on coaching and the money invested in Lewis already, they could bring in a personal shortstop coach to work with him 24/7. -
Article: Solving Stephen Gonsalves
gman replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I watched Gonsalves pitch a couple games last year. His fastball always seemed high and outside. Which led to many of his walks. Although shown as 90/91 mph, he frequently threw it in the upper 80's. His changeup seemed to be his strikeout pitch. I don't remember him having any control issues with it. The curveball/slider pitch didn't appear to be an exceptional pitch, but batters were not hitting it hard. Again he didn't appear to have any control issues with the breaking ball. -
1B, like every other position on the team with the possible exception of LF, is a position up for grabs in 2019. This is not a playoff team, as set, in 2019. I would offer Joe the position for 2019 if this was a playoff contender. They have done nothing this year to show that 2019 will be the year so why plan on Joe as the firstbaseman? He won't be there 2, 3 or 4 years from now when this team is more likely to be a playoff contender. So for next year why not start with Austin or someone else there? I would have liked Sano, Buxton, Polanco or Kepler to supprt their claim on a position, but for this year anyway only Rosario has laid claim to a position, be it Lf or Rf.
-
I second that - but who is our 2019 2B?
gman commented on mikelink45's blog entry in mikelink45's Blog
I would look for Arreaz at second base next year. -
Luis Arreaz seems to be one of those guys overlooked by the fans. Next year he should at least start at Rochester and won't turn 22 until after the year starts. He finished hitting over 300 again with a 360 OBP. For his career he's at 329 with an obp over 380 and OPS at near 800. It doesn't look like he'll ever be a home run hitter or great base stealer. I could see him hitting second with his good obp and excellant contact as his career minor league strikeout rate is only 8.5% Maybe somebody for the big boppers to drive in. He seems to adjust quickly to each level he plays at and avoid prolonged slumps. As a second baseman he committed only 2 errors this year and played shortstop and thirdbase as well.
- 17 replies
-
- alex kirilloff
- michael davis
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I'm for it. However, I would skip a couple of starts for both Berrios and Gibson into the schedule. Berrios especially has looked a little ragged recently. It wouldn't be the first time a starter got a rotation day off. You could also schedule a relief pitcher only day once a week or so. I would leave Hildenberger out of this and let him gets some rest.
- 38 replies
-
- jose berrios
- michael pineda
- (and 3 more)
-
Reading this article made me look back 2 years ago when we dreamed of being on the verge of building a dominant bullpen from hard throwing minor league arms. That wave never arrived and we don't really seem to have a next wave of arms to build on. Hopefully Moya, Busenitz and McGill can be regular contributors next year. I am not sure anyone will confuse this group with those you've named above to be a totally dominant pen.
- 5 comments
-
- minnesota twins
- taylor rogers
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Article: Getting the Twins Bullpen Right for 2019
gman replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I'm also not n a big hurry to pull him from his role as a starter and move him to the bullpen. He may wind up there and be dominant, but I leave him as a starter as long as possible.- 36 replies
-
- trevor hildenberger
- addison reed
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Article: Getting the Twins Bullpen Right for 2019
gman replied to Nick Nelson's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I thought about Wells but wasn't sure he had enough double A time yet.- 36 replies
-
- trevor hildenberger
- addison reed
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:

